Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Crit Ful
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Gaelicap should be able to be bought with gil.

Its not fair that only contest winners can have such an exclusive reward as the gaelicap, I try to win each contest but never win, I should be compensated with a large sum of gil that can be earned ingame as well so I may buy the exclusive gaelicap off a NPC for about 10 million gil.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    this got catty real quick
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Threads like this appear at the start of a season when rewards are announced every time without fail on multiple forums and even twitter; angry that the rewards are not easier to obtain.

People who do not PvP or have any long term or in depth experience with the mode - actually, I'll cut that thought right there. People who do not have any experience with game development, balance, game theory/philosophy or programming seem to think that their idea is the one to solve a game's problem. We see this with hunts, pvp, PvE (especially class balance, jeeze), crafting, the duty finder - everything and with PvP there is probably less than 5 people who I would trust in making a decision that was good for everyone.

We have precedent that making them easier to get will not work.

All the other modes gave out free titles, glamour and mounts as does the wolf mark shops. But despite these many mounts, they're still not farmed, they're still not used and they're still not desired.

Top 100 is the only thing giving these players a reason to play aside from a few oddballs so please, go complain about how pagos takes to long or something else that's more productive than tainting an already failing gamemode with more failure
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinklet View Post
    Top 100 is the only thing giving these players a reason to play aside from a few oddballs so please, go complain about how pagos takes to long or something else that's more productive than tainting an already failing gamemode with more failure
    Perhaps it wouldn't be a failing gamemode if it had more rewards, the Garo items certainly delivered an influx of new players for a while.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rana Kim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I should be able to buy uWu weapons with mendacity tomes too, c'mon SE its only fair
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephera View Post
    Perhaps it wouldn't be a failing gamemode if it had more rewards, the Garo items certainly delivered an influx of new players for a while.
    Firstly, how many 'rewards' do you get from other content alone like crafting, hunting, current savage raiding

Because you can get 12 alone from pvp, excluding accommodation and ones pvp counts towards.

This isn't even mentioning minions, the numerous glam sets, the glam achievements and titles.

Secondly, If people. Don't want to. Do something. A pretty horsie. Will not change that. As evident by the fact nobody ques the gamemode
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinklet View Post
    Secondly, If people. Don't want to. Do something. A pretty horsie. Will not change that. As evident by the fact nobody ques the gamemode
    I think you'd be surprised how much effort people would put in for a mount if it was more easily accessible. 100 per data center is a miserable number that makes too many feel like they'd have to go up against people of incomparable level of skill. Like many other things in this game, the effort and time to reward ratio is out of whack and that drives people away from content.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aviars Lightsworn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Tied to an achievement like number of kills/assists does not equal a give away.
    Compared to getting top 100? Of course it is giving it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Also, oooooh, earrings. I'm positively quaking in my boots.
    You see, it is comments like this that convince me that you actually know top 100 rewards should remain exclusive. You freely admit that you don't care that there are exclusive earrings. The only reason you even try to convince people that there shouldn't be exclusive items is because you have something specific that you want. I hope you can look beyond your desires and admit these items should remain exclusive because you know it is true.

That goes for everyone else in here too.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviars View Post
    You see, it is comments like this that convince me that you actually know top 100 rewards should remain exclusive. You freely admit that you don't care that there are exclusive earrings. The only reason you even try to convince people that there shouldn't be exclusive items is because you have something specific that you want. I hope you can look beyond your desires and admit these items should remain exclusive because you know it is true.

That goes for everyone else in here too.
    I'm fine with it being exclusive myself, but 100 per datacenter is far too low an amount of players. Have a feeling people like you would be against that too even if it were to improve the state of PvP.

On another note, I think your point is silly, why shouldn't people want things?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zephera; 11-14-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephera View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how much effort people would put in for a mount if it was more easily accessible. 100 per data center is a miserable number that makes too many feel like they'd have to go up against people of incomparable level of skill. Like many other things in this game, the effort and time to reward ratio is out of whack and that drives people away from content.
    I think I'm being baited. Because no way did someone just tell me that people would put in more effort to compete and get something if they had to put in less effort to conpete.

It's not 'out of wack'. You're one of the players that looks at difficult content and conflates that with having to invest time. What else would you even make this arguement for, people reach safe top 100 in two weeks. People finish eureka patches in 2 days. People kill ultimates in under a month.

I know most content cuts into your afking in limsa time but atleast acknowledge you are playing an MMORPG
    (2)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast