Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

How Do Newbies Progress In Early Feast Season?

This is just out of curiosity. Almost all the people who are Feasting currently are experienced players and the time limit to get past Silver/Gold is pretty short. How do new Feasters go about this?

I can see maybe DPS and Tanks if they are carried by good healers but that would have to mean the enemy DPS aren't experienced too. If the newbie is a healer, it must be totally impossible... and probably morale killing watching your teammates die.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oli S'
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Learn the basics of Feast and your class skills before you queue up.
    And carrying someone is not as easy as you try to make it look like - even as healer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The shorter seasons have given lower ranks more time to get to gold. Join the Wolf Pups Den server https://discordapp.com/invite/2eXr2h3 and have an open mind for feedback. You can do it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Best way is to queue up and take advice as it's given to you.

DO NOT GET OFFENDED WHEN GIVEN ADVICE! This is the biggest obstacle when it comes to improving. Always, no matter what rank you are, have an open mind and be willing to accept criticism, analyze it carefully and take the good information that you can out of it. This is a good skill to have not only for Feast, but for all aspects in life. A student mentality is going to get you far.

That being said, most people in queue ARE NOT experienced players. The beginning of the season is full of beginners, most of my matches have had all beginners on both teams except for myself. Now is the time to learn, but you need to do your research beforehand. If you jump in blind you will not have fun since you won't know what's going on, and if you don't know what's going on you won't be able to figure out what you need to improve on. The Wolf Pups Den is a GREAT resource full of helpful folks willing to teach new people how to play. Do remember that you need to put in effort yourself as well. The more specific your question, the better your answer. Last season we saw brand new players make it all the way to top 100

There are guides already made, and others on the way that you can access via the WPD Discord. The best asset there though are the mentors themselves.

Heres a link to the WPD discord: https://discord.gg/euSFJJC
    (1)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    There's a bit of a misunderstanding haha, the question wasn't for me. I've been PvPing for awhile now. I was just curious because when I play feast for my weekly challenge logs, I'm seeing all the top 100 folks. I know them!

Maybe with the Discord newbies would stay.. but based off my experience, they'd probably quit after multiple fast losses. Unless both teams have bad DPS and good healers. That causes it to get to culling 5 lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Magic-Mal; 11-08-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    This is just out of curiosity. Almost all the people who are Feasting currently are experienced players and the time limit to get past Silver/Gold is pretty short. How do new Feasters go about this?
    In my experience - they don't. They get their faces kicked in repeatedly and stop queuing. (This coming from someone that's done the face kicking - 80%~90% winrate early season in team, less solo but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    I can see maybe DPS and Tanks if they are carried by good healers but that would have to mean the enemy DPS aren't experienced too.
    Yeah... It only really comes down to healer vs healer if both DPS are about the same. If one set of DPS are newbies and don't at least focus target, even the best healer can't carry.

Healer or not though it's not so different. True newbies are easy to spot - they die over and over while the opposing team farms them.

-

If you're new and looking to get started... I can only suggest studiously checking out at least a few guides, and a lot of gritting your teeth through the learning process.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    join us in tryhard..err.. i mean wolfs pup den!
    (0)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirch View Post
    join us in tryhard..err.. i mean wolfs pup den!
    I'll pass . I've already spent my time there. It was fun, but I left voluntarily.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    U left wpd or tth? Or both? I woukd stay in tth tbh
    (0)

Character
    Malina Loma