Player
    Character
    Ashvinder Grey
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Purchased Mac OSX version and it does not work

I am working in OSX Mojave and tried installing multiple times..Most of the time it tries to update to the latest launcher and then nothing happens. I try to launch the app multiple times and nothing...no launcher..no error just nothing. Then I got this exception raised error for the first time:

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000014 at address 0x701153d4.

Can someone give me some guidance on what to do. There was another .dmg on a post from square that asked to install a new installer for mac osx because of a bug and I even did that to the same results. Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I'd recommend a clean install. Delete the app as well as "/Library/Application Support/FINAL FANTASY XIV/", and reinstall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashvinder Grey
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Yui_Tenshi View Post
    I'd recommend a clean install. Delete the app as well as "/Library/Application Support/FINAL FANTASY XIV/", and reinstall.
    Yes, I did that multiple times with my app cleaner and made sure the library assets for the game were all deleted.

Any other options? thanks in advance.
    (0)

Good morning cpaek72 and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Is this your first time playing the game on a Mac, or have you played it before? Did this only start happening since the upgrade to Mojave?

What kinds of Mac do you have? Can you list some of it's specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashvinder Grey
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good morning cpaek72 and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Is this your first time playing the game on a Mac, or have you played it before? Did this only start happening since the upgrade to Mojave?

What kinds of Mac do you have? Can you list some of it's specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!

I'm trying to install on a Imac Pro. 2.3 Intel Xeon(18 cores), 128gb ram, RadeonPro vega 64. This is the first time and I do have Mojave installed. I can't even get the launcher to show up. The app tries to update to the latest launcher and then it either hangs or crashes. So basically, I can't even get to the launcher to sign in to update at all. Thanks.
    (0)

Thank you for the update cpaek72.

This looks like a workstation. Is this a personal Mac or are you trying to play it in a work/professional environment? If the latter, does your work have any kind of restrictions for certain applications or connections?

(0)

Player
    Character
    Ashvinder Grey
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Thank you for the update cpaek72.

This looks like a workstation. Is this a personal Mac or are you trying to play it in a work/professional environment? If the latter, does your work have any kind of restrictions for certain applications or connections?

This is my own personal computer - no restrictions. The Imac Pro can boot into windows through bootcamp and play final fantasy fine so I know the hardware is fine. I just want the option to stay in Mac OS and that is why I purchased it. Please give me some options on how to get this thing working. Thanks
    (0)

Thank you for the reply cpaek72.

In order for us to assist with the issue, we would need more information. Would you be able to provide the system specs for Mac? This can be done by the following:

- Access the Apple Menu
    - Click " About this mac"
    - Then access the support tab
    -Click System Specifications

Please copy and paste the URL here.

Hope to see you online!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashvinder Grey
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    (0)

Thank you for the reply cpaek72.

I apologize for the very long delay in our response in regard to this concern. The problem may lie in the graphics card as it may cause problems when running the game. The issue could also stem from a combination of that and the Mohave update. For further information in regard to this, please use this link to take a look at the Mac specifications:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/#spec

Once again, I apologize for the delay. Hope to see you online !
    (0)