Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Eric, congrats on finding Zhloe, she is a great source of scrips. Once you get to 70 you get yellow scrips as well. Two other clients can open up after "Return of the Bull" late in 4.1. But only 12 turnins / week total.

Most of my red scrips come from my squadron. Have you unlocked squadrons? If you haven't it will take you a few weeks to tune them for scrips.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/S...der_(Maelstrom) The other GCs have the same quest.

NQ vendor gear and tools with materia melder NPC melds will get you to 70 no problem. But jewelry is not available from NPCs and the scrip jewelry is ... inferior to crafted with even one meld. Find a crafter and offer to trade gathered items for even minimally overmelded jewelry perhaps?

BTW, I have a fisher main alt. There are fish gated behind storyline even after the area is unlocked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mendalas Dragoonai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Just need to find a crafter buddy with mounds of mats and loads of Gil. I would craft a full set for you np. But I doubt you are on Balmung. (On mobile do cant see)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merridyll Cailleach
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Gathering isnt confusing, it becomes from Level 50 onwards just way too miuch of an overcomplicated grindfest, thats all.

They need to removed these nonsensical garbage, that is timed nodes and the even more so nonsensical nodes, which spawn only a specific times that are shown with just only ??? and where you don#t see, where you find the item that you wan,t so that you have to waste first mostly all of your SP, just to be able to see, where you need to chop at to get somethings ..

Really overcomplicated and ridiculous becomes it first from Level 60 on in regard of it becoming a nonsensical grindfest, when you have to collect or create collector items.
    Not to mention the heavy gear treadmill you are underlying from 50 to 70 just to be able to successfully craft and collect something without mindboggling low chances.
    Yes, therefore are naturally certain skilsl there to buff these chances up.. but they SP costs are way too high for the kind of way of how way too slowly the player gets more SP through equipment in this game, that you are basically permanently independant on using this silly SP potions when you are doing something that shoudl give you some exp boosts like a crafting/collecting charter, which is sadly aside of the giving of stuff to one of the 3 factions the only way of effectively leveling the craftign/collecting jobs fast together with the exp buff items from doing squad missions or from your guild paired together ...
    Otherwise levelign these jobs from doing actually normal collecting stuff (unless you craft/collect something NEW) is slow af... and its about time, that with the next expansion SE does somethign with the rebuilding of Ishgard for the craftign and collectign jobs, to make the levelign part from 50 to then 80 a more fun and not so grindy ultra boring snoozefest.

What this game needs are also Quests for Crafters and Collectors, when you get exp for something, that doesn't actually require of you to collect or craft a specific thing.
    Combat Classes have thousands of quests that help them to level up, but crafters and collectors have absolutely none at all... not very seriously well planned through game design in my opinion there when one side literally has hundreds over hundreds of quests to do within level 1 to 69 and the other side has 0 to do in regard of quests and gets exp only through crafting/collecting things or bringing that stuff to one of 3 factions for some serious exp boosts or hoping to make soem good collector items at the later end of the game to get some serious exp boosts that are like 30 to 50 times+ as much of what you'd get of doing a craftign/collecting of an item of your appropriate level range ...

By these misdesigns you can clearly see, that crafting and collecting jobs, either have not been made by the same developer team, that also made the combat classes, or these jobs simply didn't got from begin on the same focus of attention, as like the combat jobs, which you can see, that the crafting/collectign gear level at Leve70 is even significantly lower, than that of combat classes, which have currently the highest Ilevel of 405 in equipment, where crafters/collectors aren't equal to that and can have so far maximum only Ilevel 340!! - at least thats the highest I know of and see everywhere ...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdrache View Post
    What this game needs are also Quests for Crafters and Collectors, when you get exp for something, that doesn't actually require of you to collect or craft a specific thing.
    A quest needs to have a specific objective! On the other hand, you are free at any time to just go out there and hit gathering points to obtain items. While you don't have a "quest" to hand in for EXP, you earn it from the gathering itself, and then you can sell the items! (Unlike levequests where the items just vanish into the aether and you only get the EXP.)

Money earned from selling gathered items can then be spent on better gear which lets you gather higher-level items (= more EXP) or the same level more efficiently.

Also invest in "survival manuals" from either your GC or (higher bonus) from the scrip exchange. You'll also get some from completing class quests. They'll boost your EXP gain while gathering.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    -snip-
    Gathering is optional content, if it annoys you don't do it.

I like gathering. I don't much use levequests, which ARE quests BTW, because I would rather gather for EXPs.

I do not mind the crafting and gathering grinds, I do mind the raiding grind so I don't raid. That's how you do it.

Oddly enough I did the Yo-Kai watch grind (twice) and I am liking the Eureka grind. Never did a relic before, didn't even like the look of the grinds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Combat Classes have thousands of quests that help them to level up, but crafters and collectors have absolutely none at all....
    Pretty sure leves, ixal, moogle, and namazu dailies already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Riot View Post
    So there are only two options, pay million's for "Starter end game gear" or grind for weeks for "Starter end game gear".. *shrugs*.. if that's the only two options, it's not like I have much choice.
    No one said that. The high end stuff will always be expensive and/or a grind, but the starter stuff isn't. You can buy NQ level 70 i290 tools and left side gear from vendors in Kugane, and one week worth of custom delivery turn ins will get you enough yellow scripts to buy most, if not all of the blue i350 accessories. That's more than enough to get started while you grind of save for the better gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Donny Marc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Upgrading gear is a basic in any MMO. You get the added bonus in this one with the job quests often giving you level appropriate gear.
    If you choose only 1 gathering job, you are limited to 1 "free piece every 5 levels, but if you level all 3, thats 3/5 main pieces free, and Main and offhand tools free.

Getting accessories isn't hard either, and you don't Have to go with the Best if you are just leveling. You can grind in items you have decent rates on and sell them either on the AH or Stores, or craft if available.

Ignore the guides. Just find points your level and harvest. Do levequests if you can, they are Great for leveling, and occasionally will reward you with gear or useful items.

Use your abilities (if that wasn't already obvious) to improve your gathering rates into an acceptable level if needed.

I think in general, you are over complicating one of the simpler elements of this game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Goofball Rat
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 67
    Do all roulettes you can as the class in need level 70 for 2-3 days and you have all the gil you need to get your gathering stat up. Ofc you will need more gil if you want good perception and GP but gathering stat will get you started.
    (0)
    Rats are fierce, intelligent, social, emotional, cuddly and have a sense of humor. That why it's an honor to carry the name of Rat.

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
    I can't even finish my class quests...because my gear is bad? So I try to find how to get better gear...but that requires gil that I don't have, so the only way to get the gil is to farm items to sell, which requires gear...so do I just have to go grind dungeons for several weeks until I have the millions needed to buy a crafted 290 set? I can't even get the collectibles to the minimum range needed to turn in for the 220 gear?
    I pretty much had to buy gear that was equal or better than what the class quests offered as rewards, just to complete the quests.
    They really need to be tuned down. Instead of X HQ items, make it a larger number of normal quality ones, or an assortment. Give bonus XP if you manage to proc any HQ items while collecting the quest items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Remember you can now remove grade IV materia (and lower) from your gear with 100% success. For mining and botany I melded an even mix of gathering and perception, for fishing just enough gathering to keep the 'fish gets away' message to the minimum and the rest on perception. I bought the material with red scrips and just kept reusing it all the way from to 70. Melding everything gives a nice boost to stats.

I also found a couple of bargains on the MB where sellers appeared to be having an undercut war, so while I wouldn't normally advise buying gathering gear for levelling, it can be worth checking the MB from time to time. I got a level 70 BiS crafted chest for less than the material cost, which was a really lucky find.

For anyone still in HW, some leves now reward HQ gear, these items are usually very cheap on the MB if you don't want to use your leve allowance on low-level leves.
    (1)
    Last edited by Solarra; 04-20-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3