Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Karma Bot
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Avoid blacklisted players in team/chat during PvP (The Feast)

I was asked by a GM to post this here, so here goes.

PvP is a small community, and we all know there's some players that doesnt take the pressure all that well always and ends up tilting and then throwing matches on purpose. One way some people do this, is by spamming quick chat functions like "Nice Job!" x 100 times from start to finish during a match instead of working with their team.

Only way to work around this is to turn off game sounds and that's just a bad way to have to work around this.

Blacklisted players should either:

a) be excluded from matches with you
    b) you should at the very least not be able to see their quick chat messages or hear their pings to save your ears from cancer.

Disruption and harassment that happens repeatedly should also be an bannable offense in my opinion. They are actively ruining the gamemode for others.

If you read all the way down to this thank you and have a nice day...

- one worn out bard from feast
    (5)
    Last edited by KarmaViii; 11-09-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I can see that getting really nasty for queues fast when people start blacklisting each other so the queue doesn't know who to skip.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Because the community is so small I can see people black listing those that they consider inferior players.

Overwatch had the same issue with "avoid player" when it first came out. High ranked players would "avoid" certain people because the higher tier community is so small.

The same will happen here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karma Bot
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Then just make the blacklist for feast function be maxed out if you use it on one person. Like, you have one spot for a person you can avoid and you can change it once a week or something. Problem solved.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oli S'
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Karma you know why this can't work. It's 4vs4 with a small community and long queues on certain roles. If one player blacklists another player then this player can't be matched with you anymore. This also means the 7 other people cannot get matched with either you or the person you blacklisted too. And that goes only for you. If player A blacklists player X and player B blacklists player Y and so on, then everyone would just exclude eachother and never make the queue pop. Also don't forget about the tier range you can get matched with.

The only thing that would work is exclude the blacklisted player from your chat but then again you wont be able to communicate with him at all and you wont benefit from that.
    (4)
    Last edited by OSR; 11-02-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    To be honest, PvP requires its very own separate blacklist... I'm extremely serious.

The 200 limit cannot even begin to be anywhere near adequate.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Oli S'
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    To be honest, PvP requires its very own separate blacklist... I'm extremely serious.

The 200 limit cannot even begin to be anywhere near adequate.
    No. PvP requires people who aren't ignorant. I'm someone who tries to add you after the match and tell you what you could have done better. Some people take the friendly worded advice but there are countless of ignorant people who simply reply with a "F** Y**, blacklisted" and THAT needs to stop. If someone offers criticism to you then you should listen, understand and make it better or tell that someone their criticism is wrong because of xyz.
    The funny thing about all of this is that it's mostly new players reacting like you're shittalking on them but then again it's also the new players who come around and say PvP is toxic
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OSR View Post
    No. PvP requires people who aren't ignorant. I'm someone who tries to add you after the match and tell you what you could have done better. Some people take the friendly worded advice but there are countless of ignorant people who simply reply with a "F** Y**, blacklisted" and THAT needs to stop. If someone offers criticism to you then you should listen, understand and make it better or tell that someone their criticism is wrong because of xyz.
    The funny thing about all of this is that it's mostly new players reacting like you're shittalking on them but then again it's also the new players who come around and say PvP is toxic
    And I still firmly disagree... and this is coming from a player who has played the various aspects of PvP from the first day they were introduced

Granted, I can see from your sigs that you are heavily invested in PvP and sincere congrats on your achievements. However, there is no denying that there are a large number of players who troll and resort to extremely violent verbal griefing in PvP... I still have numerous screen shots of the chatlogs. In fact, it was so bad in Heavensward (around 2015 and into 2016) that a majority of the playerbase quit playing PvP for a while.

Part of the toxicity was generated by the initial poor matchmaking system which did not properly separate players' varying levels of individual skill. Thus, top players could be matched with unskilled new players who simply wanted to experience PvP... and of course, some skilled players inevitably flew into very salty rages with the new players. There were also several top players who would intentionally play on their alts and grief newer players or use their alts to literally steamroll on new plyers so that they could propel themselves into higher tiers.

Then there were the bots --which was the one element that annoyed me the most enough to quit PvP altogether while also /blisting the idiots-- and finally the horrible latency issues. All these fuelled the frustrations on all sides of the table and it spewed into gameplay, chat messages and even on discord.

I'll repeat this again... PvP requires its very own separate blacklist and the 200 limit is nowhere near adequate.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 11-03-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Player

at least a way to mute players spamming nice job would be nice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oli S'
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    And I still firmly disagree... and this is coming from a player who has played the various aspects of PvP from the first day they were introduced

Granted, I can see from your sigs that you are heavily invested in PvP and sincere congrats on your achievements. However, there is no denying that there are a large number of players who troll and resort to extremely violent verbal griefing in PvP... I still have numerous screen shots of the chatlogs. In fact, it was so bad in Heavensward (around 2015 and into 2016) that a majority of the playerbase quit playing PvP for a while.

Part of the toxicity was generated by the initial poor matchmaking system which did not properly separate players' varying levels of individual skill. Thus, top players could be matched with unskilled new players who simply wanted to experience PvP... and of course, some skilled players inevitably flew into very salty rages with the new players. There were also several top players who would intentionally play on their alts and grief newer players or use their alts to literally steamroll on new plyers so that they could propel themselves into higher tiers.

Then there were the bots --which was the one element that annoyed me the most enough to quit PvP altogether while also /blisting the idiots-- and finally the horrible latency issues. All these fuelled the frustrations on all sides of the table and it spewed into gameplay, chat messages and even on discord.

I'll repeat this again... PvP requires its very own separate blacklist and the 200 limit is nowhere near adequate.
    Thank you.

Yes, PvP was more toxic during HW and that's simply because the skill cap was huge + poor MM. We are no longer in 3.x PvP tho and therefore I wouldn't include it here. It sure has it's relevance since alot of vets and new players who couldn't get into PvP and stopped back then - perhaps didn't even try 4.x PvP because of that experience. But the playerbase has increased in 4.x and it's much less toxic. However I can see where you're coming from since you're not on the Chaos datacenter and we haven't had as much shit as you guys.
    Note that I mainly talk about The Feast and not Frontlines.

What should the blacklist do in your opinion? Consider my post (4 posts above this one here).
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast