Player
    Character
    Veronica Amethyst
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

POTD/HOH adjustments (extra exp)

okay so i've ran around 10ish potd runs and not a single run has had players willing to help me get hoard or silver chests, so there clearly is something wrong with potd/hoh

so i came up to a conclusion how this could be fixed so new players could be helped out by the more established players only looking for that lovely chunk of EXP, so heres the suggestion, the suggestion will need refining for balance and fairness

lessen the completion EXP just abit, not too severely, but maybe, depends on the following bonuses i'm about to mention

to encourage players to look for silver chests and hoard is to give a bonus to them, if you max aetherpool you get a nice bit of extra exp for opening them

all chests would give a abit of extra exp

sacks can be traded in for exp

this would entice the players to actually get silvers and hoard, helping the established players and new player alike, everyone is a winner

this extra exp would come out as more exp then how potd/hoh is right now but if you rush through you get less exp then you would right now
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kestrel Moon
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    People would probably still rush through feeling like doing multiple runs would take less time and net them more exp than staying in one run longer farming chests. And then if they were to make the exp penalty for not grabbing chests too severe, then people would just stop running it altogether since they’ll feel one run would take too much time. Personally I don’t mind at all taking an extra few minutes to clear rooms and find chests, and your suggestions would feel like a win for me, but it seems many people don’t like feeling they have wasted even a minute of their time, and sadly i don’t know that there is much SE can do about it.

I have gotten quite a few runs of both where the party seems to want to do a full clear, and otherwise I just grab what I can in the rooms we do go through.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tempest222; 10-30-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Veronica Amethyst
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    well then SE would have to make the bonus exp pretty great to really entice the players to open the chests and what not, but recently i've had no luck in convincing them to open chests, everyone is there just for the exp for completion and as for new characters going in there they are at a huge disadvantage as they can't even build up the aetherpool, like i've never done all 100 floors and i'm not even 40/40 yet.. and i've even been vote kicked for trying to open chests after the passage was unlocked

either way, something has to be done, and i know SE can do it, the question is will they do it

also the suggestion i make is better then other ideas i have, like stripping all exp all together or making it so the passage doesn't unlock until all chests on the floor have been opened which doesn't help those who want the exp, i was looking for a solution that helps both the farmers and the grinders
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marci X'
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vero_Amethtyst View Post
    okay so i've ran around 10ish potd runs and not a single run has had players willing to help me get hoard or silver chests, so there clearly is something wrong with potd/hoh

so i came up to a conclusion how this could be fixed so new players could be helped out by the more established players only looking for that lovely chunk of EXP, so heres the suggestion, the suggestion will need refining for balance and fairness

lessen the completion EXP just abit, not too severely, but maybe, depends on the following bonuses i'm about to mention

to encourage players to look for silver chests and hoard is to give a bonus to them, if you max aetherpool you get a nice bit of extra exp for opening them

all chests would give a abit of extra exp

sacks can be traded in for exp

this would entice the players to actually get silvers and hoard, helping the established players and new player alike, everyone is a winner

this extra exp would come out as more exp then how potd/hoh is right now but if you rush through you get less exp then you would right now
    There are enough of possibilities to earn exp.
    Even the same with newcomers:
    'Please fix this,because iam a new one and i have aspiration of this or this'!
    Simple follow this: Open the paths light as fast as possible and avoid traps.
    You will gain so much more exp instead of your ideas.
    The most people waste so much time of pulling usless mobs for whatever reason.
    Besides to get silvers per floor, you have alot of time before the paths light is open, so open your silver and train mobs to the tank if possible, so no deaths and other things.

If you wanna sacks, play Red Mage solo and enjoy YOUR own rule ; )

This dungeon is an option and maybe by far the best possibility to lvl up, so be happy about this.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarciX; 10-30-2018 at 11:16 PM.