Player
    Character
    Chad Thundermember
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90

Monk and Paladin weapon skills. All about Strength?

It's obvious to me and to everybody that physical attacks (ranged EXCLUDED) have the attribute STRENGTH as their gauge for intensity of damage. But something's bugging me...

With monk, there's the ability called Elixir Field. With paladin, Holy Spirit. I know monk attacks and paladin attacks are backed by strength but... Those skills I mentioned look incredibly magicky... So are they also backed by STRENGTH? Or some other attribute like intelligence?

Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They also use strength.

Basically regardless if it's a physical or magical attack if the class uses a certain stat (almost) everything scales off that stat. Like most ninja mudras are magic elemental but scale off dex. RDM fleche and contre sixte are physical piercing but scale off int.

The important distinction here is that despite holy spirit scaling off str, since it's considered is magic it's not buffed by fight or flight. Likewise RDM fleche, contre, corps and displacement despite scaling off int, since they are physical they are unaffected by your own embolden, but they are buffed by party physical buffs and drg piercing debuff.

The only things excluded from this phys/mag scaling off the main stat is auto attacks for casters, which scale off str, and unenchanted melee combo for rdm, which also scales off str.
    (7)
    Last edited by alimdia; 10-28-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    and unenchanted melee combo for rdm, which also scales off str.
    Unenchanted Riposte, Zwerchau and Redoublement are INT based. If sh*t really hits the fan and you have no mp whatsoever (24man raise business) and lucid is gone, you can absolutely use unenchanted melee combos until you have mp somehow again.
    (1)