Player
    Character
    Nemekh Kinryuu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    but you get more procs with Ifrit.., is obey Garuda really worth the hassle?
    It is. I've always recommended players learn how to use both Ifrit and Garuda. Alas, the majority of people focused almost exclusively on the former post 4.1.

I do see it often said that Ifrit generates more procs of R4. The difference in incidence is so slight that it only ever matters to gain one extra proc after enough minutes have passed. All the difference really is in is Shockwave vs Crimson Cyclone's cooldowns. In terms of overall dps it barely matters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    but you get more procs with Ifrit.., is obey Garuda really worth the hassle?
    Ifrit attack twice more often, but auto attack itself do not generate any procs. Only Pet Actions generate procs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nemekh Kinryuu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Correct. Ifrit and Titan egi's "Attack" can never result in a Further Ruin proc. Everything else they do, including Devotion, can.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Danielle Osmond
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemekh View Post
    Looking at pet potency alone is one of the worst ways to look about it due to the fact that Ifrit/Titan vs Garuda do not scale the same. Ifrit's potency is ~60% of Garuda's - Burning Strike + Attack + his ogcds are more damage than Garuda's Wind Blade + oGCDs in a vacuum. But when you throw Contagion against the full rotation the balance tips in favour of Garuda.
    Yeah, I know they don't scale the same. Usually when I view personal dps, I see if it affects the raid overall, to make me a better player in the long term. The moment I've looked into ffxivanalysis via reddit, I saw what I've done wrong and tried a different rotation w/ only garuda on O11S. Saw a huge change cause I thought ifrit was the better choice. I now understand why they said garuda is the best choice, I just didn't know how to use it in rotation until multiple practice dummies.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nemekh Kinryuu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I am very glad to hear that it's been of assistance! Ackwell and I have worked hard on XivAnalysis.com and the Summoner module - with many more tweaks and updates yet to come in the near future.

If you haven't already we have our resources over in the SMN channels over at The Balance discord which covers the use of the different egis, or you can always ask us questions there. Rdps after the Radiant nerf is the first thing we set our minds to work since it's a complicated beast.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4