Player
    Character
    Pip Kai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

House of Someone Passed Away

This is difficult for me to write. I recently had a friend pass away. She spent a lot of time on her house in FFXIV. If I continue to log in and enter the house, will that stop the auto demolition or does it have to be her character going into the house? She paid her subscription with time cards. Will the house disappear when her current time card expires?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Unfortunately I believe her character would have to be logged in as only the owner's use will reset the demolition timer. And the house will be automatically demolished 45 days after the last time she entered it- having paid a subscription won't stop that.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can find comfort in time.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    My condolences. Sadly, the house will be demolished after the timer is up. There isn't really anything you can do. If it makes you feel any better though you could maybe wait out the timer and potentially snag the plot yourself.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    One suggestion I've seen made is to take meticulous photos of the inside of the house now, and then when it demos, buy it yourself and redecorate it to match how it was.

Also, maybe add a message book, and friends can share memories about the player that's gone.
    (26)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 10-24-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    if want to keep the house or plot in memory or the likes, you could if not already buy a house plot as it is now and then relocate to it when it demolishes..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Something to also note is if you happen to have tenant access that can take any furniture, you may want to do so before the home is demolished as only the home owner will be able to take the furniture from the resident caretaker. If you do have that access, perhaps there's a piece of furniture they crafted or were very fond of that you can carry over into your own estate to remember them by.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Alrin Kireen
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Im sorry for your loss.

I think that buying it for yourself and redecorating it is good idea BUT be very carefull out there. Every time you will visit it will probably make you very sad and it may slower your psychological recovery (English is not my mother language so sorry if it doesnt make sense).

My BF died some years ago and i know how difficult it can be. You knew her and you know best what she would want.
    (6)
    In darkness, in cold, in the midst of winter where nothing walks the world but death and fear let the brave rejoice: I call the light.
    Out of darkness, light. Ouf of silence, song. Ouf of the sun´s death, the birth of each year. Out of cold, fire. Out of death, life. Out of fear, courage to see the day. (Elizabeth Moon - The Deed of Paksenarrion)

Player
    Character
    Takru Haru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    man i am sorry this happend to you if you had been on omega i may have given you the gill to buy that plot and help you out before the time clicks as said befor take photo's and remove the items and stuff buy the plot and remake it its never easy losing someone i feel for you *bows*
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately as others have already said, you will not be able to reset the timer for her house, but you can buy it after it demolishes.

As a tenant you can see the demolition timer for the house. It will be invisible up until 10 days to demolition. Press ctrl+u to go to the timers window, or go to duty > timers, and from there you can go to the estate tab which is where the demolition timer will appear. Knowing when the house will demolish will increase your chances of being able to buy it. If you don't have a private home already then there will be a random lockout on when the plot can be purchased so that may require camping all day, but if you already have your own plot you can bypass the lockout and immediately purchase the plot by transferring your ownership there.

I wish you all the best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    It has to be the actual owner of the house that enters it to de-activate the timer.
    (0)