Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Haha yeah, all the good lore questions have occurred to me just after the Fan Fest topic closed. Maybe we need to start a list of all our questions for next year...

Also re. 1.0 Coerthas, were any of the current characters already there? I heard the Dusk Vigil's commander (who we fight as a dungeon boss - such a grim story in that place) was there as an NPC. Was there anyone else?
    (1)
    Last edited by Iscah; 10-28-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Haha yeah, all the good lore questions have occurred to me just after the Fan Fest topic closed. Maybe we need to start a list of all our questions for next year...

Also re. 1.0 Coerthas, were any of the current characters already there? I heard the Dusk Vigil's commander (who we fight as a dungeon boss - such a grim story in that place) was there as an NPC was there anyone else?
    *(Laughs)*

Right...? I've suddenly remembered at least four more questions now that the thread is closed. Ahhh well... next year.

For the NPCs, I remember Nerrick Ironheart, grandson or further descendant of the famous Ironheart. Then the knight you're asking about is Ser Yuhelmeric who --with his squad of knights all clad in red-- were the first knights of Ishgard that players run into while doing the MSQ or some job class quest (recollections are a little fuzzy on this one... its been almost eight years). I cannot truly remember if he was constantly stationed at Falcon's Crest or Owl's Crest but I recall there were quests with him at that location.

By the way, I thoroughly loved his character and got the feels when we finally found out his fate in Heavensward... till this day, whenever I do Stone Vigil, I give him a salute when I encounter him.

One of the reasons players liked him was because he actually shows the Ishgardian honour as the quest progresses. There is also the fact that I think the first time one meets him is the first time that Chocobos are shown being ridden... back then we all had to walk everywhere and also had daily limits on how often we could teleport. Those were not fun times.../smirks

You can also watch the cutscene (HERE)... its also where you can hear the original background theme for whenever you meet Ishgards knights ("Holy Consult" by our legendary Nobuo Uematsu)... it was "reused" for Hullbreaker Isle Hard.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 10-28-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    Yes indeed it was very beautiful... used to be one of my favorite zones in the game. The music, the ambiance, the weather, the way Ishgard was right there yet so very far, the way the mountains felt ancient... everything. The first image above was of Falcon's Nest (there was also Owl's Nest I think) where players could talk to one of Roddard Ironheart's descendants. Roddard was the chap who charted the Eorzean maps... famous fellow.
    Ironheart, eh? Another FFXI reference I was unaware of. Unless I'm misremembering, Ironheart (and later, his daughter) were responsible for mapping much of Vana'diel.

Darnnit! Now I remember that this was one of the things I wanted to ask in the Fan festival Lore thread... if we will one day see Coerthas return to the way it used to be!
    Likely a wasted question, to be honest. They would never change a zone so drastically since so much of the ARR and HW plotline depends on Coerthas being a frozen wasteland, and changing it just to the perception of players who've progressed far enough in the plotline would be a pretty serious undertaking for a couple of zones that will likely never be used in any major capacity again. I mean, it's not impossible, but even if it happens someday it is very likely not even in the preliminary planning stages right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Ironheart, eh? Another FFXI reference I was unaware of. Unless I'm misremembering, Ironheart (and later, his daughter) were responsible for mapping much of Vana'diel.
    The Ironheart clan give you all the sightseeing logs in FFXIV.

Also good point on Coerthas being unlikely to thaw in the course of the game - although I'd like to think that if we ever get a grand "story ending" with glimpses of hopeful things happening around the world, there might just be a shot that suggests the snow is beginning to melt, just a little, and spring flowers are beginning to bloom.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    The Ironheart clan give you all the sightseeing logs in FFXIV.

Also good point on Coerthas being unlikely to thaw in the course of the game - although I'd like to think that if we ever get a grand "story ending" with glimpses of hopeful things happening around the world, there might just be a shot that suggests the snow is beginning to melt, just a little, and spring flowers are beginning to bloom.
    Thanks Iscah.

@Lineage Razor
    The FFXI references are intentional and they are numerous in FFXIV... Team Tanaka (who made the first iteration of 1.0) had a specific reasons for taking this direction and but that is a whole different discussion entirely. The Cartographers in FFXI were Gwynham Ironheart and his daughter Enid... the ones in FFXIV are Nedrick Ironheart and his ancestor Roddard.

Actually, initial information when 1.0 first emerged with an official site also spoke of Orrick Ballard -- an explorer and mapmaker.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Likely a wasted question, to be honest. [--snip]
    I'm curious, exactly why would it be a wasted question? I see your reasoning but what really justifies your assumption of that...?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    I'm curious, exactly why would it be a wasted question? I see your reasoning but what really justifies your assumption of that...?
    Perhaps "wasted" is a bad way to put it, given that we're theoretically allowed to ask as many questions as we like. If we'd been allowed only one each, though, I see this question as having a very high probability of being dismissed out of hand, for the reasons I listed above - hence, the "waste". The odds that the devs would A. have an answer and B. be willing to share it seem fantastically slim.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2