Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

Regarding that Finaland Interview...

https://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=6350

Every time I think Yoshida can't be out of touch anymore then he already is, he surprises me with this:

Finaland : Yes but for example if I take a break from the game for two months, and my subscription is not active, I can’t log-in to do that and will lose my house.

Yoshida : If you had an appartement you wouldn’t even had to log-in !
    Bruh, you sound like a typical forumer just now. It's not even sidestepping the issue, this is straight up crossing the street to change sidewalks just to avoid someone except it's done with some sass.

But this next one takes the cake:

German Media : Glamour restriction seem to be very hard since you can only glamour items of your own class or fellow classes that share the item. Would it be possible in the future for example to have a White Mage being able to glamour parts of Paladin’s gear ?

Yoshida : But then it wouldn’t be a White Mage anymore !

German Media : The community was thinking about just some parts like hands or boots that really fits with the other outfits.

Yoshida : But everybody have their own taste, if there is one person that think that those Paladin’s gloves would fit really good with their White Mage outfit and that’s just one person opinion and some people might think that looks ridiculous.
    Bruh

Bruh

Bikini Warriors

Chocobo Suit drgs

Pigsuit Scholars

The time to look "ridiculous" is looooooong gone. Now granted, he gave alternatives and there is a thread for that but still...for someone who's a fan of Blizzard as a company, I find it hilarious that he can't take a page to learn to be flexible and let the playerbase be whatever they want to be rather than indirectly control how a job's supposed to look.

/rant
    (71)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    for someone who's a fan of Blizzard as a company, I find it hilarious that he can't take a page to learn to be flexible and let the playerbase be whatever they want to be rather than indirectly control how a job's supposed to look.
    I dunno. At least he didn't go:
    "You think you do, but you don't."
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    https://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=6350

Every time I think Yoshida can't be out of touch anymore then he already is, he surprises me with this:

Bruh, you sound like a typical forumer just now. It's not even sidestepping the issue, this is straight up crossing the street to change sidewalks just to avoid someone except it's done with some sass.

But this next one takes the cake:

Bruh

Bruh

Bikini Warriors

Chocobo Suit drgs

Pigsuit Scholars

The time to look "ridiculous" is looooooong gone. Now granted, he gave alternatives and there is a thread for that but still...for someone who's a fan of Blizzard as a company, I find it hilarious that he can't take a page to learn to be flexible and let the playerbase be whatever they want to be rather than indirectly control how a job's supposed to look.

/rant
    I mean I'd like less restrictions on glamour, save for maybe keeping artifact sets job specific for glams, but blizzard's transmog system isn't exactly more flexible.

They have similar divisions. Play a rogue? You're limited to leather xmog items. Paladin? Limited to plate.

White/gray items like a wedding dress or tuxedo? In WoW you can't mog these. Also in WoW you can't even equip items over your character's class' armor type. So while in FF XIV you could level a tank to wear tank gear on your character if you want to, you cant' even do that in WoW in many cases. If you're a mage, you can't ever put on leather gear for RP for example. WoW also restricts holiday xmogs to the duration of said holliday.

The only thing WoW's transmog system has over the glamour system is account wide appearances being saved rather than having to hold onto items.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Devon Ellwood
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I've seen this before and I keep hoping there's just some misunderstanding or translation error. He thinks wearing paladin gloves as a white mage is ridiculous? His response is ridiculous.
    (23)
    Fishsteaks were made

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonEllwood View Post
    I've seen this before and I keep hoping there's just some misunderstanding or translation error. He thinks wearing paladin gloves as a white mage is ridiculous? His response is ridiculous.
    Yeah. I mean you can do way crazier things already using non job specific gear. Like swimsuits, chocobo/moogle/pig suits. The sky rat and shisui fending sets are hilarious as 'tank gear.' Wedding dresses and tuxedos, character costumes etc, there is already so much you could do yet he thinks that THIS is pandora's box and will cause untold chaos.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Yrys Rewh-gilda
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    As some one who mains a caster I'd kill for a bit more relaxation on the glamour restrictions. The AF stuff of course should stay to their respective jobs, but hell I'd kill for casters to at least be able to glam Ranged gear. I'm so tired of all the robes and would just like a bit more options that aren't long robes/dress style especially since several of the robes are very very feminine. Looking at you Othardian/Dravanian robes of casting with your flowers. Hell to be honest most of the Ranged stuff would work better for a RDM anyway than most of the casting stuff.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I mean I'd like less restrictions on glamour, save for maybe keeping artifact sets job specific for glams, but blizzard's transmog system isn't exactly more flexible.

They have similar divisions. Play a rogue? You're limited to leather xmog items. Paladin? Limited to plate.

White/gray items like a wedding dress or tuxedo? In WoW you can't mog these. Also in WoW you can't even equip items over your character's class' armor type. So while in FF XIV you could level a tank to wear tank gear on your character if you want to, you cant' even do that in WoW in many cases. If you're a mage, you can't ever put on leather gear for RP for example. WoW also restricts holiday xmogs to the duration of said holliday.

The only thing WoW's transmog system has over the glamour system is account wide appearances being saved rather than having to hold onto items.
    I'd have them take inspiration from XI's system. You are able to glamour any item, to any job, and you can make/set outfits in any zone you wish - all for free (no crystals or anything). The only catch is that you have to normally be able to wear the item on the main class. So to glamour a level 99 ninja piece, you have to actually have your ninja at 99.
    (23)
    Last edited by Skivvy; 10-19-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Skaenborn Kelthyrtsyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Damn. There go my chances of glamouring healer/caster robes as a tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I sincerely hope a lot of the answers to the questions in this interview are mistranslated. If not the guy is...very, very much out of touch with his player base. Either that or he's frustrated because people keep asking him about the same things and he has nothing new to tell them. You know what would solve that, Yoshi P? Meeting player demands. SE might actually have to invest a little into the game they created and maintain. Mind blowing, I know. Blizzard still does this with WoW and they've been running it since 2004. What's your excuse?
    (28)
    Last edited by Vahlnir; 10-19-2018 at 02:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Fia Mortivault
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I hate this argument so much. I hate all male healer gear. I only wear level 1 glam options on my male healer (except recently with my heavy armour boi look). My white mage looks the same as my crafters, my gatherers, and my ninja. People never get confused what class I am. Because I have a staff. I cast Cure. There is no shadow of a doubt I am a white mage.

If we are going to restrict based on what people think looks "ridiculous", I ask that we remove all joke outfits, the pompadour, Shinryu barding, Roegadyn RDM, Paissa houses, the Gaelicap, Naughty Nanka minion, turtles, all Seekers of the Sun males, and the entirety of the Omega raids please. I think they look silly and they offend me. :C
    (sarcasm, please cat boys leave me alone)
    (23)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast