Player
    Character
    Magnu Hawkwind
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

PS4 game launch problem

Hi. After a lengthy break from playing i recently reopened my account. For the first week r two i had no problems. Now in the last two to three weeks when i go to launch the game it will show the first screen the two characters fighting. After that sometimes it will go to a black screen with a message "connecting to playstation network. Regardless of how long you wait it will never connect.There is no error message. You can only close the app and try again.Eventually after launching and closing the app for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes it will finally open up the login screen and then the game can be played.This problem started out happening very infrequently but now its every time i launch the game.I dont have a problem launching other online games or offline ones for that matter.I have even unplugged the modem for a while to reset it and reset it with no change. The modem is hard wired directly into the PS4.Any ideas, suggestions? Help please.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pale Esper
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I've been having the same problem for the past 2 days. I have to close and restart SB multiple times before I finally get past the "connecting to playstation network" message. All other games work fine.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When did this first start happening? You mentioned it happened infrequently at first, how long did it take to happen every time? I understand that this is only happening with Final Fantasy XIV, but based on the information you provided, it sounds like you are having trouble connecting to the Playstation Network. Have you contacted Playstation Support about this? If so, what troubleshooting did they suggest?

I do have some suggestions for this (I'll add some things I know you have tried just in case someone else runs into this same problem):

1) Reset your router by turning it off for a few minutes, then back on.

2) Preferably, use a wired Ethernet connection as opposed to wireless.

3) Make sure that "Cookies" and "JavaScript" are ENABLED on the PSN Browser. This can be done by going to the web browser on the PS4, press the options button, then go to settings. The options for Cookies and Javascript will most likely be checked, uncheck them and then recheck them.

4) Restore the licenses on your PS4. Go to Settings > Account Management, and select Restore Licenses.

5) You can also try rebuilding your PS4's database. Boot the PS4 in safe mode. When the PS4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you first press, and another 7 seconds later. You should see a menu. Here, select 'Rebuild Database' (Make sure not to select 'Initialize') and follow the steps. I should note that this may some time depending on how much of your hard drive is used.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magnu Hawkwind
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

PS4 game launch problems

Thanks for the reply.I have tried all 5 of your suggestions and none have helped. This problem started happening every time i try to launch within the last week to 10 days. This is becoming progressively worse every day. Today after taking about 30 mins to get in game early this morning it took 3 and a half hours to get on later this morning. After then playing a short while i left my self logged in while i had real life to deal with for a couple hours. When returning i was logged out but still at the data center screen so could still log back in. After closing the game and turning off the PS4, now the problem still persists for the last hour even after trying your fixes. As to the ploblem being the PSN, i'm pretty sure it's not that as every time i boot up the PS it connects immediately and all its net work functions work fine with everything but FFXIV.
    (0)

Thank you for the update magnuhawkwind.

I understand where you're coming from, however, there is a limit we can provide support when it comes to the Playstation 4 version. When we are dealing with either Playstation Network connectivity or data installation, we can only provide so much because we do not have the same expertise about the Playstation ecosystem. This is why I suggested contacting Playstation support (in addition to continuing support here). They may be able to give some insight that we cannot (like maybe this happens in a few games recently and XIV happens to be the only one you've played).

If this is a genuine connection issue you may want to try port forwarding. Check if the following port ranges are open in your router. You can contact your ISP and request that they open them for you:

▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

It may also be an installation problem. Have you attempted to reinstall the game?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whipper Snapper
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    Yeah, they tried to blame PlayStation Network on my problems logging in as well. That won't hack it. I have logged into all kinds of games including MMOs. The only game I've had a problem with is this one. No one is going to convince me that this is a PlayStation Network problem. I am downloading the game for the third time. It worked for a while the last time, but here I am again. Certainly makes my decision the whole lot easier.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Whipper Snapper
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    After installing for the third time, I once again see connecting to PlayStation Network screen. See ya SE
    (0)
    Last edited by Rizuul; 10-20-2018 at 05:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Magnu Hawkwind
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Ok thanks. I can try calling sony to see what they say. As for checking that other thing i have no idea how to do that. I will only uninstall and reinstall as a last resort but other posters tried that and it didn't help so that could be a mammoth headache for nothing coming of it. And yes the problem continues.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Magnu Hawkwind
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Update

For the last week or so everything has worked fine. Thanks for the attention to this matter.
    (0)

Thank you for the update magnuhawkwind.

I can't tell what exactly was causing the issue, but it seems to have subsided. If you run into the issue again, please create a new thread.

This thread will be moved to the 'Closed Concerns' subforum as the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)