Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Saleemius Arishiani
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

What do you think the capital city of Garlemald would look like?

Beside a few shots of the main throne room where Varis is and the Infirmary "Zenos" and Asahi were in,that's the only few bits we saw from Garlemald.

I always imagined it to be similar to Midgar from Final Fantasy 7 only a bit more advanced with the Royal Palace and its magitek research facilities towering over the rest of the city.

I dunno how it's gonna shape up in 5.0 but personally I'd love for Garlemald's captial city to be the largest one in the game so far in comparison to the other major citystates in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'd imagine it to probably have similar aesthetic to Vector from FFVI, maybe with some elements of Midgar, if the castrums and the palace are anything to go off of.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Given how much we've been told it's a desolate wasteland and cold in northern Ilsabard, I pictured it as a snowy Midgar.
    (1)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    You know I picture something more along the lines of Archades from FFXII. It looks grandiose showing lots of splendor with a mix of stone and steel buildings, technology everywhere and plenty of green space. But it would also have class divides with the poorer folk slumming it and the rich living in comfort, but obviously the Empire would only show the good parts of the city.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I picture it as being like the FFXIII aesthetic (futuristic tech), but with an inverted scheme (black instead of white) and in the middle of Siberia. It's an old capital city in the frozen north of the continent. Given that it is the capital, it's probably got the most magitek in it out of all the Garlean cities.

The poorer districts probably aren't in the city itself, but in all the other cities in Garleamald. They won't have had the means or time to modernize completely just yet. That'll be where the FFVII aesthetic is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saika Kinoshita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 53
    Reduced to rubble and on fire by the time we get there most like, considering the cartoon villainy of the Garlean Empire and the Ascians.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Something along the lines of Midgar seems to be a safe bet. Though I suspect we might see something similar to Archades in the warmer portion of Ilsabard. I wouldn't be opposed to some classical Roman architecture, either.

I'd also draw attention to the Milites Empire's architecture in Final Fantasy: Type-0. The nation's capital was located in a frigid wasteland with a lot of magitek-esque creations and steel bunkers.

Something along the lines of Deling City from FFVIII would be lovely, though that may be a bit too 'modern'. Esthar had interesting aesthetics that could potentially fit if tweaked to adhere to the typical Garlean colour scheme.

There's also Lindblum from FFIX for potential inspiration. The capital itself is located within a huge castle.

FFXIII could provide some inspiration, though FFXV shouldn't be ruled out either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think that the buldings of Castrum Oriens might be a good general idea of Garleajn acrhitecture towards civilian places.
    Also high spires to serve as airship docks or something similar.
    I also picture the Imperial castle to not be so different from that praetorium artwrork or generally not so different than the praetorium at all
    (3)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    The Prima Vista is potentially a look at civilian architecture too.

A reversal of Midgar could be interesting - the poorer districts could be located on the upper portion of the city whilst the more opulent districts are protected from the harsh elements. I could see some sort of bio dome being common, too, to allow for diverse environments contained within them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    A dungeon.
    (25)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 10-18-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast