Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Melodiane Valerian
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 42
    I'm of the opinion that easy brainless jobs like sam and rdm shouldn't be useful outside of pug, they don't deserve to be when everyone else actually has to put some effort.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Katuchi La-chancla
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourbestintoner View Post
    I'm of the opinion that easy brainless jobs like sam and rdm shouldn't be useful outside of pug, they don't deserve to be when everyone else actually has to put some effort.
    Let me guess, you are a meta slave that exclude samurai from your farm party?
    Saying that sam and rdm don't take effort... lol
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Melodiane Valerian
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownondorf View Post
    Let me guess, you are a meta slave that exclude samurai from your farm party?
    Saying that sam and rdm don't take effort... lol
    Farm parties are pug and no they don't, I play sam when I want to turn my brain off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Any job is effortless if you play it long enough.
    (19)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourbestintoner View Post
    Farm parties are pug and no they don't, I play sam when I want to turn my brain off.
    I mean, it shows that your brain is off when you're playing it.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    In my oppinion SE has to bring balance with making all classes viable and enjoyable to play. If they would go around nerfing classes, they would just push other classes out of the meta which doesn't change the fact that their players are less welcome in parties.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Player
    Character
    Enyalios Ares
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    From a bard main I can safely say that relying on dragoon’s for their piercing is annoying and yet.... I won’t be without one either. On the flip side of the coin if we simply remove the synergy then people with gravitate towards jobs which simply offer the highest dps. So how to balance? Currently we have DRG/MCH/BRD working in tandem. Why not make war, mch and monk all blunt? Would offer a whole new party comp options. Make red mages embolden effect mages too. Party comps would vary if not slightly
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The issue is that the game is dps centric. Perhaps too much. Any of the five jobs mentioned in the OP synergizes your dps and...not much else. There isn't any raiding content designed for other things like CC for example to say you could bring a different job into the mix because they happen to do a bit better there than the rest.

Now thankfully, this just so happens to be the type of game where the meta is hardly required to clear content (except Ultimate I guess), but it just makes you think "if the meta hardly matters, why do some abide by it anyways?"

Parsing.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin_Gray View Post
    Removing debuffs like slashing/piercings and reworking the potency’s into the classes would open up things a bit.
    I really doubt removing these will help class variety,
    since how crit orientated classes are right now,
    Monk,Bard,Dragoon all either fueled by crit or pump out crit buffs or other good utility like brotherhood,Dragon sight,foe Requiem,range dps role skills and troubadour
    then Ast just pumps out Crit buffs and SCH shields are so good when they crit and also gives another crit buff

even if Party finder can not pull off "meta comp" as a real group
    you would still see a lot of to MNK/NIN,Drg,Brd/mch,[Caster] locked groups

its kinda worrying considering how much Classes like Ast and Sch bring like what can WHM and a new healer even do to compete
    but we will have to see at 5.0
    (1)

Player

My only real contribution to this discussion is that I think CC should mean something. While individual job buffs lead to a meta comp, such as the aforementioned WAR/NIN/DRG/BRD combo, there isn't much use for CC. All that matters is dps, which I feel has led to the ideal meta comp. It might be too late for a change to that, given that we're about to hit our third expansion in the next year or so, but it would be nice to have CC become a thing.
    (4)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast