Player
    Character
    Melodiane Valerian
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    I mean, it shows that your brain is off when you're playing it.
    Mine and everyone else.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fourbestintoner; 10-15-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Desia Demarseille
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Metas form from optimization due to balance.

That is, higher tier players will gravitate towards classes that are more optimized for the content due to balance. This then trickles down to the player base at large, which takes the word of the pro players are authority on comps. As a result, youll never get rid of the concept of meta.

You can mitigate meta in a few ways, particularly by power distribution. But thatll end up with most classed being identical in some fashion to another. You lose your variety as a result. Ive proposed this in another thread, but another way to break the meta is to shift the goals of a fight. Fights are currently based on a system of "Do x amount of damage before y." Y usually being an enrage timer. This formula forces to optimize along ideal DPS lines, which means take classes which give you the biggest boon to DPS (Ninja as an example). If the fight were to be changed away from do x damage, to something else, you might see the meta shift away from DPS optimization. Of course, youll get another kind of meta. So it may all be a moot point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shin Shimon
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Just remove synergy between specific classes. You can keep all other distinctive features and playstyles of each class, but when you have abilities that only synergize with specific classes, you're significantly limiting ideal party comp. Group crit buffs and pierce/slash debuffs should be replaced by generic damage given/taken buffs/debuffs.
    (2)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourbestintoner View Post
    Mine and everyone else.
    Nah, it really just looks like you're not trying at all when playing the job.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Bloodrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Some people go crazy over job synergy but I think it's a big mistake. As long as rotations are different and jobs feel different to play there's no reason to have things like disembowel. At the end of the day the only thing they are doing is limiting the possible amount of team combinations and encouraging people to have a closed mindset.

Not accounting for the fact SAM, MNK and BLM always get the short end of the stick and nobody wants them in statics not only because they bring less global damage but because getting orange numbers in fflogs with a BLM and a SAM in your team is virtually impossible.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'rin Vhani
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    The only way you will ever find a balance is by making every class in each role completely the same. Every DPS offering the same things, having the same potencies and having the same utilities, same for healer and tanks. If you have it any other way there will be differences and if those are there you will have a optimal composition that defines the meta. Personally, my statics never had the optimal comp and we cleared things fine, the whole meta discussion is blown vastly out of proportions.

I'd rather have it like this and see classes being distinct in playstyle and what they offer than my class choice being only a visual difference.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    FFLogs is the real endgame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    They need to add counter mechanics for over damage. Ex: Reflect, Skipping mechanics that would give everyone a shield because of super DPS would led to a wipe.

Doing damage would be strategic in these scenarios.

Currently the meta is the composition which does more DPS, consequently ending the encounter sooner. A smart thinking about how to counter that and add strategic usage of damage would be a good thing.

This is not simple, it should be complex enough to every Job feel the need to control their damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Some people go crazy over job synergy but I think it's a big mistake. As long as rotations are different and jobs feel different to play there's no reason to have things like disembowel. At the end of the day the only thing they are doing is limiting the possible amount of team combinations and encouraging people to have a closed mindset.

Not accounting for the fact SAM, MNK and BLM always get the short end of the stick and nobody wants them in statics not only because they bring less global damage but because getting orange numbers in fflogs with a BLM and a SAM in your team is virtually impossible.
    I suggest you look at FFlogs because the current fastest O12S kill has both Samurai and Black Mage. And the only one who didn't orange was their Dark Knight. Getting oranges is all about speed, not personal buffs. Any combination can get full oranges across the board if the group is skilled enough.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I guess those two 96s I got in v9s and v10s aren’t actually real then. Because my static runs with a MNK.

You should probably actually look at the site before you make silly statements like this.
    (9)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast