Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Fey Wind Needs a Buff

Recently I have been practicing pet swapping from Eos to Selene and back to Eos to get out as many Fey Winds as possible during the current Savage content. But after sitting down to do the math on a target dummy, it's actually not a DPS gain at all over using those GCDs on Broil II. I lose ~330 personal dps every time I do a pet swap for the buff, and the buff only increases the raid's total dps by ~340 (and this is only if the healers DPS for the full 30 seconds). This is a bit absurd IMO and demonstrates how badly Fey Wind needs a buff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Met Rhukon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Sounds like the issue is that pet-swapping isn't efficient, rather than Fey Wind isn't strong enough. Fey Wind is a decent enough buff in itself, but Selene has nothing else. The silence is awkward to use, and worthless in a load of content, a problem the cleanse also has. What they should be looking at instead is giving us a reason to use Selene over Eos.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    If you didn't pet swap and kept Selene out at all times, you could maximize the DPS potential as you wouldn't need to mess around with switching faeries. Fey Wind itself is pretty consistent and you can rely on it to give a buff on a fixed cooldown, especially if we were to compare it to AST's Arrow which is at the mercy of RNG. Could FW do with a slight buff? Hmm I'd say no mostly like as Metsonm stated, Selene just needs help with the entire kit and not just one action.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    If you didn't pet swap and kept Selene out at all times, you could maximize the DPS potential as you wouldn't need to mess around with switching faeries. Fey Wind itself is pretty consistent and you can rely on it to give a buff on a fixed cooldown, especially if we were to compare it to AST's Arrow which is at the mercy of RNG. Could FW do with a slight buff? Hmm I'd say no mostly like as Metsonm stated, Selene just needs help with the entire kit and not just one action.
    100% I agree that her entire kit needs help. I have a few ideas along those lines, and I've seen several other suggestions on how to change her. But as far as Fey Wind is concerned, I think it's a pretty insignificant buff all things considered. They could increase it to something like a 10% buff for 15 seconds, instead of a 3% buff for 30 seconds and keep the 60-second CD. This would make it a much more meaningful moment when you cast it, and would serve as a moderate buff to its DPS increase (from 1.5% overall to 2.5% overall if casting on cooldown).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cupid Duskysquirrel
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    They should let you have both fairys out at the same time tbh. Easily accessible fey wind and double embrace + double aetherpact. It's the only way SCH will match up to the other healers at this point. Do something SE.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskTS View Post
    They should let you have both fairys out at the same time tbh. Easily accessible fey wind and double embrace + double aetherpact. It's the only way SCH will match up to the other healers at this point. Do something SE.
    That's probably overkill lol. As a SCH main, I think we're in a fine place, except for Selene's kit being irrelevant in like 90% of content. Our heals and damage are absolutely fine though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Selene is great when your gear allows you to use her. I've done multiple Savage fights where Fey Union and Embrace are all the Fairy Healing I needed. Of course your cohealer has to be moderately skilled but using your native kit to heal is perfectly fine in almost all content. You can really push a group forward with Fey Wind alone and the occasional free cleanse is a small dps buff too since you don't use Esuna instead. Selene is tricky because in the right group where everyone is really pushing their rotation she is insanely powerful. In dungeons you can luck out with pulls that are huge but always spaced just far enough for Fey Wind to help everyone wreck the mobs and the runs ends almost before it began. Of course the ideal party is hard to find but that's why Eos Exist especially in early progression when gear is lacking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    Selene is great when your gear allows you to use her. I've done multiple Savage fights where Fey Union and Embrace are all the Fairy Healing I needed. Of course your cohealer has to be moderately skilled but using your native kit to heal is perfectly fine in almost all content. You can really push a group forward with Fey Wind alone and the occasional free cleanse is a small dps buff too since you don't use Esuna instead. Selene is tricky because in the right group where everyone is really pushing their rotation she is insanely powerful. In dungeons you can luck out with pulls that are huge but always spaced just far enough for Fey Wind to help everyone wreck the mobs and the runs ends almost before it began. Of course the ideal party is hard to find but that's why Eos Exist especially in early progression when gear is lacking.
    You don't see it as a problem when Fey Wind is only useful when you no longer need it (when you outgear the content anyway)?
    (0)

Character
    Moro Murasaki
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    If this was sarcasm then I am delighted, good job sir/madam.

If not... please, please educate yourself. SCH is basically healer god right now.

That being said I do think Selene needs help despite SCH being OP. That silence is essentially a dead skill right now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Fey Wind is great when your party is great. Scholar is interesting because you can literally change your skill set to match the party skill level and encounter by switching Fairies. I dont think Selene is perfect but Scholar is a ridiculous powerhouse of a healer. I can't say we don't deserve to be gimped on the support fairy actions when we offer so much raid utility right now.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast