Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

9002 Disconnects

Hello,

For the past year or so I have been experiencing 9002 disconnects and it is getting rather annoying. I have done some research and the only viable solution that I have found was users using a VPN or paying for a service to bypass networks. This is the only game I play that ever times out on me.

This is what I have done.

Forward ports:
    TCP 80-80
    TCP 8080-8080
    TCP 443-443
    TCP 55296-55551

I pinged the Primal data center running ping -t 204.2.229.10
    and I ran ping -t yahoo.com and ping -t my default gateway

I wanted to see what was the issue and wanted to see what would go to time out when i received the 9002 disconnect message. This is 100000% server side not client side. I say that because When I was playing and running those pings The only ping test that gave me a request time out was the primal data center during the 9002 disconnect. What are you going to do to resolve this issue?

In my screenshot you will see the the ping test to the primal data center (204.2.229.10) and you will see the time out occur and than to the right is the Yahoo ping test and at the bottom is my default gateway.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/...ing%20test.jpg

Tracrt Results:

C:\Users\User>tracert 204.2.229.10

Tracing route to 204.2.229.10 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms Default Gateway
    2 10 ms 9 ms 4 ms cpe-70-125-128-1.satx.res.rr.com [70.125.128.1]
    3 26 ms 31 ms 21 ms tge0-0-0.snaxtx3901h.texas.rr.com [24.28.133.249]
    4 8 ms 8 ms 14 ms agg11.lvoktxad01r.texas.rr.com [24.175.33.32]
    5 14 ms 5 ms 13 ms agg21.snavtxuu02r.texas.rr.com [24.175.32.144]
    6 24 ms 23 ms 23 ms agg23.hstqtxl301r.texas.rr.com [24.175.32.156]
    7 22 ms 24 ms 22 ms ae-1-0.p0.atl90.tbone.rr.com [66.109.1.218]
    8 21 ms 31 ms 29 ms bu-ether12.dllstx976iw-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.39]
    9 21 ms 18 ms 20 ms 0.ae0.pr1.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.17.232]
    10 19 ms 16 ms 20 ms ix-ae-23-0.tcore2.dt8-dallas.as6453.net [66.110.57.97]
    11 23 ms 22 ms 23 ms ae-4.a01.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.9.193]
    12 64 ms 59 ms 60 ms ae-3.r11.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.31]
    13 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms ae-1.r23.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.25]
    14 56 ms 54 ms 63 ms ae-8.r23.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.154]
    15 62 ms 64 ms 69 ms ae-45.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.175]
    16 62 ms 65 ms 62 ms ae-4.r00.scrmca02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.57]
    17 62 ms 64 ms 60 ms xe-0-1-0-1-1.r00.scrmca02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.195.46]
    18 67 ms 59 ms 62 ms 204.2.229.234
    19 63 ms 64 ms 60 ms 204.2.229.10
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Based on the information you've provided, I can't say that it's a server side issue. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a client side issue either. You are likely running into a problem along the route to the server (the yahoo ping is most likely taking a different route that doesn't run into the same issues). Think of it like you are taking two different freeways, one having heavy traffic, the other not. There is nothing wrong with your car or the destination, but one will have a much easier time. Your ping tells you that you don't receive anything back, but it doesn't tell where it's having trouble.

There are a few things that I'd like you to check. You only mentioned that you did the port forwarding, so I'd like to make a few more suggestions (I apologize if you already tried these, but I wanted to make sure it's been attempted). These are unlikely to affect your other two pings (Yahoo and the default gateway) but might have an impact on Final Fantasy XIV:

The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Double-check that your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV.

I'd suggest using a wired connection with an Ethernet cable, as opposed to a wireless one if you are not already.

Additionally, the ports you listed are not the ones that need to be open for the game. Try opening the following ones:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Based on the information you've provided, I can't say that it's a server side issue. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a client side issue either. You are likely running into a problem along the route to the server (the yahoo ping is most likely taking a different route that doesn't run into the same issues). Think of it like you are taking two different freeways, one having heavy traffic, the other not. There is nothing wrong with your car or the destination, but one will have a much easier time. Your ping tells you that you don't receive anything back, but it doesn't tell where it's having trouble.

There are a few things that I'd like you to check. You only mentioned that you did the port forwarding, so I'd like to make a few more suggestions (I apologize if you already tried these, but I wanted to make sure it's been attempted). These are unlikely to affect your other two pings (Yahoo and the default gateway) but might have an impact on Final Fantasy XIV:

The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Double-check that your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV.

I'd suggest using a wired connection with an Ethernet cable, as opposed to a wireless one if you are not already.

Additionally, the ports you listed are not the ones that need to be open for the game. Try opening the following ones:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    I am using windows 10 which doesn't have internet exploder. And google chrome is my default browser.
    (0)

Hello NicoKirito.

To clarify, I wasn't referring to your default browser. The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. It's still comes with Windows 10. In the Search Bar, just type Internet Explorer and you will find it.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Hello NicoKirito.

To clarify, I wasn't referring to your default browser. The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. It's still comes with Windows 10. In the Search Bar, just type Internet Explorer and you will find it.

I have made the changes. What should do on my PS4 because I experiencing the same disconnects on there as well?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoKirito View Post
    I have made the changes. What should do on my PS4 because I experiencing the same disconnects on there as well?
    I have made the changes and i still disconnected today. Can you prove to me that this isn't a server issue. I showed the time out that I had and my tracert.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I have made the changes and i still disconnected today. Can you prove to me that this isn't a server issue. I showed the time out that I had and my tracert.
    This needs to be resolved please.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply NicoKirito.

I apologize for the delay in my response. I can say that if it was a server issue, it would be affecting a lot more people (similar to the DDOS attacks causing network issues for the EU Data Center recently). The North American Data Centers haven't been experiencing issues to that degree. You did provide a the ping timeout information, but that only really states that you lost connection with the server, not where exactly. The trace route looks pretty normal, what time of day was that conducted?

I'd like to get some more information about your disconnections, notably, when do they occur? Is there a pattern to it (Only while in instances, Only while teleporting, etc.)? How often does it happen?

Additionally, are you using a wired or wireless connection for your PC and PS4?

(0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Thank you for the reply NicoKirito.

I apologize for the delay in my response. I can say that if it was a server issue, it would be affecting a lot more people (similar to the DDOS attacks causing network issues for the EU Data Center recently). The North American Data Centers haven't been experiencing issues to that degree. You did provide a the ping timeout information, but that only really states that you lost connection with the server, not where exactly. The trace route looks pretty normal, what time of day was that conducted?

I'd like to get some more information about your disconnections, notably, when do they occur? Is there a pattern to it (Only while in instances, Only while teleporting, etc.)? How often does it happen?

Additionally, are you using a wired or wireless connection for your PC and PS4?

The disconnects occur randomly. I can be disconnect while being afk and I can be disconnected while in an instance. Does this game offer any log files that I can review? As for my connection both the PS4 and PC are connected directly to my modem which I have had replaced three times already. This has been going on for a couple of years not but I am getting really fed up with this connection loss.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Kirito
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    The disconnects occur randomly. I can be disconnect while being afk and I can be disconnected while in an instance. Does this game offer any log files that I can review? As for my connection both the PS4 and PC are connected directly to my modem which I have had replaced three times already. This has been going on for a couple of years not but I am getting really fed up with this connection loss.
    Btw this does affect many people. Haven't you seen the forum posts?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast