Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Crafting "Practice Dummies"

I think this would be a great addition to the game. Dummies that we can practice crafting on to optimize rotations. I know we currently use third-party resources to do this, but it should be in the game. Thoughts?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I'd say stick with simulators. If they had, or developed their own simulators/training dummies which are native to the game then it'd defeat the purpose of actually crafting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaurhz; 10-13-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I like the idea. Maybe it can be a recipe we temporarily learn that costs scrips to activate?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It wouldn't be hard to implement. Just have "practice" recipes that are the same difficult as real recipes have an npc that gives you mats like the beast tribe quests. Then just make the final product item be something that has no value, cant be traded/sold, etc. That you just throw away afterwards.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reginald Thorne
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    A toggleable "practice mode" for crafts which produces no items, gives no exp, but consumes no materials is something I've thought would be a useful feature for a long time. It seems crazy that crafters rely on third-party simulators to create their rotations without worrying about whether they are about to destroy several hundred thousand gil worth of materials in the process.

It would simply be a toggle ability like Collectables Synthesis, you turn it on and can then attempt to make any item in your crafting log without materials, only you don't get the item or any exp for success.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Decent idea.

I'd say a system like the beast tribes would work best. You're given materials to make replica items of no value with equal difficulty to 1, 2 and 3 star crafts. I don't think it should cost scrips or lots of gil as this defeats the purpose of being an ingame alternative to third party websites, which are free.

Plenty of crafters actually have no idea third party websites exist, it would be a good way for them to learn.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    A hidden crafter tribe, similar to the Stone, Sky, Sea area for PvE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's what Culinarian is for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I like the idea but too bad it will never see the light of day. I file this wonderful idea under the tackle box.
    Two expansion on and lv50 gathering nodes still do not have any type of log representation to help people remember when to get them. DoH/L has always been an afterthought for this game.
    The most recent in-game timer that was implemented is a POS too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    I like the idea but too bad it will never see the light of day. I file this wonderful idea under the tackle box.
    Two expansion on and lv50 gathering nodes still do not have any type of log representation to help people remember when to get them. DoH/L has always been an afterthought for this game.
    The most recent in-game timer that was implemented is a POS too.
    Have to disagree that DoH/L are afterthoughts in this game. FFXIV easily has the most in-depth, immersive, and unique crafting systems of any MMO ever made. That said, this is simply a QoL suggestion to make the best crafting system out there even more better.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast