Player
    Character
    Zainal Zee
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

RDM DoT idea

What if in the next expansion RDM got DoTs for Veraero and Verthunder? My idea is that you would get an ability that works like Dark Arts, and it would make both abilities apply a DoT but at the same time would weaken the ability to around 50 potency. Once you cast with the buff on the DoT is applied and Veraero/Verthunder returns to its normal potency.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm happy we don't have DoTs to maintain. We already have a sustainable AoE output. We don't need DoTs too, and no job needs anything like Dark Arts.
    (16)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I'd only want a DoT on RDM if it generated mana during each tick. And that's because it would work as a mana generator that isn't instant. I expect RDM to get more mana generation and DPS cooldowns next expansion and a way to spend them to help facilitate using their mana generation cooldowns when it's time to go ham under raid buffs.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I personally would rather them add another DoT job instead of giving other jobs a DoT just for the sake of it. Maybe a DoT tank? not sure how that would work though. Bard, Summoner, and Scholar all feel different enough, but after a certain point they all might seem samey.
    (3)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Jase Shepard
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    VERBIO!!!!!

XD

Kidding.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Dark arts is already a problem on Dark Knight for it's spammy gameplay, and we have Samurai's Dark Arts (Kaiten) as a gameplay mechanic too. If Red Mages got a damage over time mechanic, which I do think would be neat, I'd hope for it to contribute to some sort of enchanted auto attacking and mana accumulation somehow instead of an apply and forget it kind of deal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZainalZee View Post
    an ability that works like Dark Arts,
    And like that, you've lost me.
    (4)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdegarde View Post
    Dark arts is already a problem on Dark Knight for it's spammy gameplay, and we have Samurai's Dark Arts (Kaiten) as a gameplay mechanic too. If Red Mages got a damage over time mechanic, which I do think would be neat, I'd hope for it to contribute to some sort of enchanted auto attacking and mana accumulation somehow instead of an apply and forget it kind of deal.
    An enchanted auto attack mechanic...that would be neat, but it would mean that RDM would then have to fight for one of the two melee spots (ie, against DRG and NIN) to be able to play at full potential.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    An enchanted auto attack mechanic...that would be neat, but it would mean that RDM would then have to fight for one of the two melee spots (ie, against DRG and NIN) to be able to play at full potential.
    Why? Enchanted attacks are still magic damage.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    M'ilosz Thelgasch
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ZainalZee View Post
    ... an ability that works like Dark Arts
    I'd rather something like this as passive upgrade to Acceleration as it would make it feel like it actually does something, because to me increasing a 50% proc rate to 100% just feels lame.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast