Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreggit View Post
    Since a lot of dungeon bosses are fairly easy I wonder if it's be possible to have 2 bosses spawn at the same time and have it randomly seeded so no two runs would be exactly the same
    Good question, I'm sure several combos would be okay, but you'd probably have to cut out a lot of bosses with more extensive mechanics. Like what if Diabolos was requiring us to go into doors at the same time we had to step on a glowing platform to avoid doom.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helfgrin Dreggit
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Good question, I'm sure several combos would be okay, but you'd probably have to cut out a lot of bosses with more extensive mechanics. Like what if Diabolos was requiring us to go into doors at the same time we had to step on a glowing platform to avoid doom.
    True, though if this were a round to round system I suppose it could be a set interval with (say every 5 rounds) with a random preset of possible pairings to keep it from being impossible in places.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Also I worry things may feel a bit too cluttered if you have two big bosses both facing one tank in a dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nocturnia Uzuki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I'd mainly just like to see some harder dungeons, and some dedicated Savage+ tier 4-player content in the FFXIV style. I'm also really fond of mobs. Mob pulling is such a core aspect of dungeons. But as it stands, there are almost no difficult mob pulls in the game. Especially in the latest dungeons, where you can do maximum pull size and the tank can be in DPS stance, and the healer doesn't even have to cast GCD heals.

Then dungeon bosses. They have been doing a better job with slightly more complex mechanics, but most bosses die before we even see the more difficult parts. And then the damage is a joke. When I can clear a whole dungeon without using GCD heals (including Regen), there's clearly a difficulty issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ichi Exorz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'd love to see "proper" hardmode dungeons. Dungeons that are actually somewhat difficult content.
    Not as difficult as savage raids but maybe on the extreme trial lvl of difficult.
    I like what they did with the Rathalos fight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I'd actually be ok with a straight boss rush mode with no trash. But I'd hope there would be a pool of at least 2-3 possible bosses in each encounter you could get. The average dungeon has what? Three bosses nowadays? If there's not going to be trash enemies it's the perfect chance to focus all the resources on creating more boss enemies.

Now as far as a battle square style arena. I'm not against a wave based mode with a "get as far as you can get" and an unlimited number of scenarios. I'd just want them to slowly add more and more penalties and debuffs as you go on until it becomes nearly impossible. Sort of like what they did with floors 101-200 or 31-100 in POTD/HOH.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I always loved idea of infinitely scaling content. I don't get why is it so rare.
    (0)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    So kind of like Trial Mode in FFXII or something? That would be cool. As long as it would be available through the duty finder or something. I'd rather just jump in to do it than have to go out of my way to find people to play with.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2