Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

In Game Harrassment

So, I have an Arab name, as I am an Arab. Some players in the game are rather Islamophobic, and assume that I am the people they hate. I have had some problems with people in game, and on Team Speak, and it has made for a poor experience for me. Is there a way in which I might change my name, somehow?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    I apologize for the immaturity of the players you have encountered. Report the players for racial harassment and blacklist as needed. I would advise against using TeamSpeak or any other voice communication programs with players who participate in this harassment.

I do not believe you will receive a valid name change opportunity until name change operations are permitted around implementation of 2.0.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Drakel Drakonus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    i would say send a ticket to SE and they should be able to help you out with it. on that not no one should be be treated wrong cause of there name or race.
    (4)

Player

I agree with you both in regards to your moral sentiment. Currently I am stuck in a server with little people, but those who are here, are not the greatest. As for the ticket idea, I have sent 3 tickets now, maybe I should send it in a different manner, any suggestions?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Haters gonna hate, don't change your name if you don't want to - but also, try not to take things so hard. I'm also Arab, and my LS-mates call me a terrorist, while I call them dirty spics, crackers, Canadians, gingers, and so on (those are the nicer examples xD; ); in 99% of cases people are just being friendly in a coarse manner, and if you really dislike it, you can just send them a tell explaining the situation and asking to not be referred to in such manners.
    (3)

Player

So the merge is coming, and I have asked each one of the 4 customer support departments, and the in game GM's to allow me to change my name. I have written a few emails to the customer support departments, I have ticket numbers, but no action taken yet. I do not want to get the players in trouble or something, just want to have some normal FF name... didn't think Islamophobia was in FF.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    thats some grade A bullsh*t. fatcat has a point to tho, sometimes its just friendly (and obnoxious) teasing. my friends in RL call me 'fa@@ot' all the time, i call them trailer trash etc. but if they are serious about their insults, get your butt over to Excalibur, we'll treat you right. we dont put up with kinda nonsense
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    If you want to be Mohamed jaffar send them to hell, why do you give em so much credit, theres 2 options blac list them or play along tell em surnames in the same racist way they do to you, some of them might be just akwardly friendly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There is a way to do your own name change with the merge but it involves temporarily deactivating your account and making a mule...since se still don't say nothing about name change option
    (2)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I had another issue like this in a Linkshell I was in, and I left over it.

It's easy for some to laugh about it but for others, due to background/experiences it's no laughing matter. Racial epithets are not funny to me... ever. So I understand if you cannot feel comfortable with joking around with racism.

If it bothers you, find someone else to play with. Blacklisting is always an option, leaving the Linkshell and hanging with classier people. They do exist. You have no reason to put up with this, Abdullah.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast