Player
    Character
    Saint Brimstone
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    I apologize for the immaturity of the players you have encountered. Report the players for racial harassment and blacklist as needed. I would advise against using TeamSpeak or any other voice communication programs with players who participate in this harassment.

I do not believe you will receive a valid name change opportunity until name change operations are permitted around implementation of 2.0.
    Agreed.
    Individuals have a problem ith the name Mustaffa? Wasn't their a character by the same in the first FF Tactics?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonelove View Post
    Agreed.
    Individuals have a problem ith the name Mustaffa? Wasn't their a character by the same in the first FF Tactics?
    It makes me think of Simba's dad from the Lion King. That cat was a straight up boss.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thurus Seaman
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Better not have arab name if you are sensitive to teasing. Western people are like they are and your black list would be long during time. Generally if you have good name, people envy and start harassing. I experienced that with name Tar Zan for example. I'm using also name Salama, some could think I'm arab, some that I'm jewish. But Salama means lightning in my language. After teasing I have changed server and started from beginning with new name. Done it already 7 times. Eorzea is so small that you will meet the teaser often anyway. Don't think politics or religion or races in game, just enjoy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke_Cole View Post
    So the merge is coming, and I have asked each one of the 4 customer support departments, and the in game GM's to allow me to change my name. I have written a few emails to the customer support departments, I have ticket numbers, but no action taken yet. I do not want to get the players in trouble or something, just want to have some normal FF name... didn't think Islamophobia was in FF.
    I'm glad I'm not merging with Saronia then. =p
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Better not have arab name if you are sensitive to teasing. Western people are like they are and your black list would be long during time. Generally if you have good name, people envy and start harassing. I experienced that with name Tar Zan for example. I'm using also name Salama, some could think I'm arab, some that I'm jewish. But Salama means lightning in my language. After teasing I have changed server and started from beginning with new name. Done it already 7 times. Eorzea is so small that you will meet the teaser often anyway. Don't think politics or religion or races in game, just enjoy.
    You have just terrible experiences with people. Some people, like on my server, who have all different kinds of backgrounds, don't do such things. People should be able to have any name they want (within reason) and not deal with harassment. If someone makes up a name that is intended to be a point of conversation, that's fine. But just because someone's name is regional doesn't mean they should be the center of that kind of treatment.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eldaena; 02-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Western people are like they are and your black list would be long during time...
    Uhhh... Incorrect. Racist much?

Join come to Balmung, join my Linkshell.

You won't be teased again unless you're in a bad pick up party. And yes, those people are deserving of /blacklist. Your blacklist can't be too long. That's silly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thurus Seaman
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'm not racist, I can say generally that way because I belong to western myself. And in real life I know people from all directions. I only think that western are "less polite" and easily say badly even they don't mean it. It's also my sin. But MMO is fantastic place where people from all corners can have fun together.

Thanks Hiir for invite but my problem is lack of time so I have selected to play solo when I have the time. I don't care if somebody teases me. I have used black list only once when one guy tried to get pvp with me continuously. Actually it's fun to start again in new server and see how devs have changed the beginning. And give room to the person I'm irritating.
    (2)
    Last edited by Northman; 02-23-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It should not matter where you from because everywhere in the world there good and bad people. I knew many people from Arab and there where good friends. Sadly you going to get this harassment because not everyone see it like this and i hope SE can help you out changing your name if not you may have to wait for 2.0 or start over
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player

I'm not racist, I can say generally that way because I belong to western myself. And in real life I know people from all directions. I only think that western are "less polite" and easily say badly even they don't mean it. It's also my sin. But MMO is fantastic place where people from all corners can have fun together.
    No, the earlier poster was correct. Your comment is not racist, but it dang sure is prejudice. You are making prejudice comments about a particular group of people. Prejudging someone based on where they are from. That is literally no better then what you are complaining players did to you, but prejudging you based on your character name, or where it is from. I get it, I understand the stereotype. I also understand you may have meant nothing by it. Perhaps those who teased you before meant nothing by it, but thats not the point. Individuals do not deserve being subjected to preassumed behavior based on location, religion, race, creed, or any number of other aspects.
    (3)
    Last edited by Coglin; 02-26-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    We should have a good sized Arab community on Excalibur.
    I know for a fact we have one on Bodhum, some of the nicest people I have met.
    For a small server we are very diverse, helpful and understanding.

To quote a leader of one of our linkshells"

"Don't you bring that racist sh** in here."

I know you'd be welcomed with us :-)
    (4)
    I like frog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast