Player
    Character
    Aija Dal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

PS4 Crafting Hotbar

I used to be pretty heavy into crafting in ARR and HW on PC but stopped when I moved to PS4 with the launch of Stormblood. After a pretty lengthy break from crafting, I’m back and motivated to level them up once more.

I just have one problem. On PC, I had a very comfortable hotbar setup where muscle memory made it easy for me to speed through my rotations. I have yet to find anything on the PS4 cross hotbar that is comfortable. I’m currently just opening my Actions menu and picking from that list, which is... inconvenient.

I figured I would ask here if some of you would show me your PS4 hotbar setups so I could see how the rest of you do this. Maybe I’ll find something that works for me from that.

Thanks in advance!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    unfortuantely ppl just showing you their bars won't help with the way you yourself personally learn where everything is. only way to regain muscle memory (and not the skill lol) is to just put stuff where you think a proper progression would go - i.e. like putting comfort zone and inner quiet and steady hand II in places that make sense to you to put together, or say innovation, great strides and byregots blessing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    See what the most used actions that are used in end game rotations. From there you can create some comfortable bars.

*cough* Or you can macro stuff. *cough*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    As fellow PS4 crafter the most annoying I found was having to set up the CHB repeatedly for each class due to the fact that each skill, while having the same name, is unique to each class. Thus, forcing me to map it 8 times.

I would recommend doing the following.
    CHB 1 - quality progression skills (as you spend the most time using these)
    CHB 2 - completion progression skills (as one tends to finish all crafts with these)
    CHB 3 - situationally valuable skills (some of the skills tend to be on or off depending on your crafting difficulty needs e.g. Makers Mark, Muscle Memory, Reclaim, etc...)
    CHB 4 - MACROS (I have 8 macro buttons [35 Dur 1], [35 Dur 2], [70 Dur 1], [70 Dur 2], [Custom Delivery 1 btn], [35 dur 1 btn], [Muscle Memory On], [Maker's Mark On]).

There are also some skills which just never get used when hand crafting: Waste Not I & II, Ingenuity I, Rapid Synthesis, Standard Synthesis, Hasty Touch II, etc...
    I might use some of them in a macro but they do not need to clutter my CHB.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    As fellow PS4 crafter the most annoying I found was having to set up the CHB repeatedly for each class due to the fact that each skill, while having the same name, is unique to each class. Thus, forcing me to map it 8 times.

I would recommend doing the following.
    CHB 1 - quality progression skills (as you spend the most time using these)
    CHB 2 - completion progression skills (as one tends to finish all crafts with these)
    CHB 3 - situationally valuable skills (some of the skills tend to be on or off depending on your crafting difficulty needs e.g. Makers Mark, Muscle Memory, Reclaim, etc...)
    CHB 4 - MACROS (I have 8 macro buttons [35 Dur 1], [35 Dur 2], [70 Dur 1], [70 Dur 2], [Custom Delivery 1 btn], [35 dur 1 btn], [Muscle Memory On], [Maker's Mark On]).

There are also some skills which just never get used when hand crafting: Waste Not I & II, Ingenuity I, Rapid Synthesis, Standard Synthesis, Hasty Touch II, etc...
    I might use some of them in a macro but they do not need to clutter my CHB.
    Not exactly a directly reply but so anyone doesn't make this same mistake, you can just use /chotbar copy [ source class / hotbar #] [ destination class / hotbar #]. E.g. /chotbar copy wvr 1 ltw 1. Copies all hotbars over without replacing skills or configuring 8 times.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Some tips that I can offer:

1. Don't share cross bars. Despite the fact that so many abilities are shared amongst the classes, you still don't want to set them to share. I personally reserve four cross bars to be shared amongst all job and classes. Things that are set here are commonly used actions such as gear sets, companion summoning, return, sprint, etc. The other four bars are reserved for exclusivity for the respective job/class.

2. With number one in mind, instead of sharing a set bar, make everything consistent amongst all 8 crafting jobs. Role actions will vary things a bit, so see #3

3. The reason why role actions make a difference is because not all crafting classes are created equal. CUL gets to take advantage the most of the cross skills because it has the most desired of the 8 classes innately. BSM is the red-headed step child here as both Ingenuity I and II leave little to be desired in comparison to other take alongs.

Tl;Dr? Set your cross bars up exactly the same as much as possible between all 8 classes. CUL gets to equip the most cross skills, while BSM gets the least Despite this, there should still be little variance in how your cross bars are set up between the 8 classes. There are just some minor tweaks here and there depending on how many cross skills can be equipped based on your priority of them. Your preferred rotation determines your priority of skills.
    (0)