Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Pickup Groups are Dead (Savage)

Once everyone has their clear no one steps in Raid Finder > Duty Incomplete.

I noticed the time for Alphascape V1.0 (savage) hits more than 30mins when queuing for Raid Finder > Duty Incomplete during week 2 of release.

You miss the initial rush and you might as well skip it all together.

Same with old savage content. No one does them anymore.

Party Finder has the same wait time.

Solutions:

The Devs should add a middle (50%) or enrage check point like it has with Duty Complete in Raid Finder. That way more people will be paired up with people who already know portions of the fight. Players will be motivated to use Raid Finder.

The Devs should have every one queue with randoms during the first few weeks of releasing savage content. That way more people will put effort to learn and have the ability to clear savage content. No Party Finder allowed for a few weeks. EDIT: this will force the community to work together to figure out the fights. The online posts will blow up with ideas. The world firsts will be people who truly put the effort into it. Since it will be just a bunch of randoms coming together from all over the world.

The Devs should remove weekly gear locks for people who use Raid Finder > Duty Incomplete or give current savage token drop. That way people who cleared the fight will help the people who haven't clear have a greater success of clearing. Must queue solo for this idea, no party finder.

The Devs create Savage Roulette. Where if you leave you loose your daily reward for Savage Roulette. Savage Roulette drops extra token for current savage.
    (0)
    Last edited by LalafellDown; 10-05-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Or, and hear me out because this is a crazy and radical idea, you could find an fc or friends to play with and form your own pts. Or just use pf to form your own, in my exp even months after the fact they will still fill up. Not as fast but they do, esp during peak hours. You can even still fill up coil pts if you really want as long as your not online during the dead zone times. Give it a try.

It's all about how much initiative you have and how badly you want to play the content. Sometimes you need to lead instead of follow, esp if you are running on a schedule behind everyone else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    snip
    OP is on one of the JP datacentres and there it is very common to queue for Savage content through the Raid Finder as opposed to using the Party Finder (which is more common on Western centres), so I can appreciate what they are asking for. More options to filter out what players are looking for would be nice in theory, but it risks the chance of longer queue times as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    It's all about how much initiative you have and how badly you want to play the content. Sometimes you need to lead instead of follow, esp if you are running on a schedule behind everyone else.
    I did try PF. The problem is time and people not wanting to play with non clear people. The Devs should reward cleared players for just joining Duty Incomplete. Making them stay for a period of time or until vote abandon. Vote abandon happens anyway after 3 wipes. Those players should receive something for their troubles even for the vote abandon. Maybe something like what the mentor system has where mentors can receive a mount eventually.

Your solution isn’t open to growth, I’m aware of counting on the community, but the community won’t help unless you make it worth their time. With PF the times waiting is the same for Duty Incomplete. I do hope the devs reward players who completed a savage boss and go back to queue up for duty incomplete.
    (0)
    Last edited by LalafellDown; 10-05-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    It's definitely not dead.
    I can still find helper PFs for early savage floors. The catch is that you have to specify what kind of people you're looking for.
    I joined helper groups all the time in two previous tiers, as long as the PF maker specified that they didn't care about the loots.
    RF is kinda dead though, since there are too many people who queued up for something they clearly weren't ready for yet.

There's also this one thing about the PF option, if you specify it as "Duty Incomplete", people who have completed the duty even once (not weekly clear) will not be able to join that PF group.

Quote Originally Posted by LalafellDown View Post
    The Devs should have every one queue with randoms during the first few weeks of releasing savage content. That way more people will put effort to learn and have the ability to clear savage content. No Party Finder allowed for a few weeks. EDIT: this will force the community to work together to figure out the fights. The online posts will blow up with ideas. The world firsts will be people who truly put the effort into it. Since it will be just a bunch of randoms coming together from all over the world.
    Get real.
    (0)
    Last edited by mosaicex; 10-06-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    "DEAD" implies it is quite literally unused, defunct, unpopulated, etc. Despite this, people make a habit of using the term to describe something that merely isn't popping as fast as up-to-date content. People in an indie MMORPG I used to play have called it 'dead' for the past 6 years despite the fact the numbers haven't changed over that time and had constant activity, except for when its sequel came out and pushed people to it as of a few months ago. TLDR - Just because it doesn't have everyone dribbling all over it, that does not equate to 'it is dead'.

I realize it is server dependent, but I could sign up for a savage of my choosing and would be very likely to get one within 30minutes where I am, which is about on-par with the time required to fill up and organize a standard PF group to achieve the exact same thing... Except rather than having no visual indication of group-forming (until you are thrown the required amount of entirely random people), you instead get to keep your finger on the pulse as it is forming via PF, and even ask around for friends, guild-mates, mentors, or server-chat players to assist. As someone above has said - if you really want something, sometimes you have to lead rather than follow, and I say that as someone who actively avoids leading.

All the above is easy for me to say - the only reason I'd even go back to savage Alphascapes (or any similar type of content that is pushed back a tier) is if it is a requirement of Mentor Roulette and I haven't completed it yet - and usually just for the hell of it.
    (0)
    Last edited by RopeDrink; 10-08-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I like how there's only one other person from a JP server putting in their input while everyone else is NA/EU.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiyoShikasu View Post
    I like how there's only one other person from a JP server putting in their input while everyone else is NA/EU.
    Some players have alts on JP datacentres, I know I do so the input is just as valid. Players usually choose to show their main character on the forums anyway so try to look past that.
    (0)