Player
    Character
    Ruaidhri Baudin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

[Suggestion] Intermediate Material Recipe for PLD Primal Weapons

As it currently stands, when it comes to crafting PLD weapons from primal materials, the job requires two of the materials to craft both sword and shield, whereas the other jobs only need one to complete their main/offhand glamour.

As a fix to this, why not create intermediate recipes in order to allow for both sword and shield to be created from one primal item?

For example, a fiend sap could be crafted into 10 sap components. Likewise, 10 sap components could be crafted back into a fiend sap if one wished to reverse the process. Of the 10 sap components, 7 could then go towards fashioning the sword and 3 could go towards the shield, similar to the way tokens are spent currently.

There already seems to be an attempt at dividing the material cost between the two crafts: a sword requires 3 demicrystals/demimateria, a shield requires 2, which adds up to the 5 total required for other job mainhands.

Although I understand the concern of possible material bloat, I feel like this could be an option to allow PLDs the chance to get their weapon glamour without paying twice the cost for it. Likewise, market board crafters wouldn't feel like they might be 'wasting' a valuable crafting component on less lucrative off-hand item.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alkaizer Valkorian
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I agree there should be a balance when crafting PLD gear since they have sword and shield. Since they get a bonus item that has bonus materia slots, maybe make each cost 3/4 the amount of another classes equipment? to be honest it wouldn't affect or bother me if they were 1/2 of the cost for each one as the better geared each person in a group is the better for everyone. But just my thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrnia Edil
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    they get a bonus item that has bonus materia slots
    A bonus what? Most shields don't have materia slots. Current paladin weapons have 2 slots on the weapon and 0 on the shield, some old weapons had 1 slot on the sword and 1 slot on the shield but this model has been scrapped for quite some time so with the current model of 2slots/0slots paladins have the same amount of melding and overmelding as everyone else.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tyrn; 10-05-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alkaizer Valkorian
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrn View Post
    A bonus what? Most shields don't have materia slots.
    oh, havn't played PLD much really lol. maybe i am misinformed but from what i've read is that the PLD benefits from the extra increases of having a shield as opposed to other tanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    oh, havn't played PLD much really lol. maybe i am misinformed but from what i've read is that the PLD benefits from the extra increases of having a shield as opposed to other tanks.
    The stats that would normally be on the weapon are split between sword and shield. Pld does not have a Stat gain over other jobs. They can just block
    (0)