Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    [QUOTE=Frizze;4799992]The only part of the fight Hien is actually in danger is when the 2 of them do their LB on him. That move does a bit over 50% of his health. The game also makes it clear when theyre going to do it. And the heal they give you is also worth more then 50% of his health. They present it as a pair of 1 on 1 matches happening at once, but if youre worried you can help Hien with his target. DoT his guy(reapply as needed), heal yourself whenever you get down to about half, heal him anytime he gets below 75%. If you do this, their LB cant kill Hien(obviously heal him after) and once he finishes his target(with a bit of help from you) the two of you will stop the Magnai in a hurry.

Don't think so when did fight saw him getting 1 hit a lot by those aoe's at almost full health. Lets see you do it with ping 200+ where Magnai gets off 2 attacks before you can get 1 attack off and fight freezes every few seconds on you. Not all of us has awesome internet and ping.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helfgrin Dreggit
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I think that Sadu loses health when she revives an add. When I did it as i356 tank I took out 2 adds and she melted after that
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayultai Tsakhilgaan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Player with 200+ ping here (since you're using that as an excuse), also my gear wasn't too great when this patch dropped, ilvl 260 something when I completed this. I don't think the problem lies with the encounter at all, it was pretty standard difficulty on all parts of it, comparing it to extreme or savage is laughable. Took one try for me and any folks I've asked. Look to improve your own skill, that's what I have to say.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaylee Fortuna
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyssyn View Post
    I cannot do this fight. I can deal with all her phases easily as an RDM with 380 ilvl and 4 melds on each piece of gear, but I cannot do the last phase at all. I've tried and tried, but either I die because I run out of health trying to kill her and not healing myself, or I almost have her dead and that 1 minute timer runs out. I've tried killing the adds because she will sacrifice health but then the timer runs out. I don't mind a challenge, but something like this - which is almost an extreme primal fight really isn't a good idea for something we need to do to adnvance in MSQ. Either take out some of the aoe (3 different types of aoes from the adds, plus hers?) or give us 2 minutes on that timer. I know I am not the only one who can't do this fight, I have been looking it up in hopes to figure out a way to get past it and see mostly people saying they can't either. I am not a great player. I am decent, but I have a horrible habit of zigging into aoe rather than zagging out of the way. I don't do savage modes of any of the primals/auspices/raids, those are not what are fun for me. Please, SE, tone this down so those of us who aren't that great at these kind of fights can move on with the story? Pretty please?

I agree. I've now failed this fight 16 times, I give up. I'm a full time crafter and casual and do not have the skill to beat this fight. I've read the comments, watched videos on how to, I understand the mechanics, I'm just not that good. At this point I will pay money to skip this fight.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I killed sadu s adds since she summons replacement that make her drop her health faster then i could hurt her direct. On the second part ignore the target the game tells you to hit and hit the one Hien is attacking. That way you skip all mechanics in that fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KayleeFortuna View Post
    I agree. I've now failed this fight 16 times, I give up. I'm a full time crafter and casual and do not have the skill to beat this fight. I've read the comments, watched videos on how to, I understand the mechanics, I'm just not that good. At this point I will pay money to skip this fight.
    16 times? That's a lot of time spent bashing your head into a wall.

Next time, try looking up your job's DPS rotation. It takes 5 minutes, and would be the equivalent of asking "Hey, where's the door?" in the previously mentioned head-bashing.

We need more quests like this in the main story. Stuff that you can't get carried through. Stuff that makes you play at least somewhat correctly.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonseth07 View Post

We need more quests like this in the main story. Stuff that you can't get carried through. Stuff that makes you play at least somewhat correctly.
    Yass please. I want more hard solo content (granted that we have decent ways of heal when I'm not healer and the fight inflicts a lot of damage). Players had 1 base game and 2 extensions worth of content to understand the fighting gameplay, job rotations and all that. And we have powers of Echo on those instance fights.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pepsi Plunge
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    With Sadu just make sure you have every hard hitting skill, a full job bar and all your CDs ready at the beginning of the last round. Then hit her with everything you have. My SAM killed her so fast, the 60 second countdown didn't even started.

While the timetable for the last round is very short, you have all the time in the world to prepare in the rounds before.

Edit: If you still have trouble with the time-to-kill-window, remember you can always bring food and potions to the fight to buff you up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 12-12-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    There are basically two ways of doing the last phase of the first fight. If you have really high DPS, you can just blow your cooldowns and burn Sadu down while ignoring the adds, but otherwise, burning down the adds will shave off a significant chunk of her HP once she decides to revive them.

As far as the second fight goes, it's really straightforward and the only thing you need to be conscious of it baiting the AoEs away from Hien so he doesn't take more damage then you can heal off.
    (0)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 12-15-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alexandria Blackmoor
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I've now failed this fight 16 times, I give up. I'm a full time crafter and casual and do not have the skill to beat this fight. I've read the comments, watched videos on how to, I understand the mechanics, I'm just not that good. At this point I will pay money to skip this fight.
    I sympathize. If I'd failed 16 times, I'd probably be willing to pay my way past it as well. As it was, getting past Sadu on the first try, then failing against Magnai (because I wasn't reading the dialogue when you're instructed to get behind Hien), and realizing I had to do the entire Sadu fight again just to retry Magnai had me wanting to go do something else. I did end up giving it a second try right then, and was able to complete the duty though.

I certainly won't blame you if you take the story skip route when it becomes available, but if you do choose to give it another go, I'll be rooting for you (assuming you haven't already pushed through it in the days since your post)
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast