Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you for the update Galaticus.

It does seem that your GPU has some abnormalities. I wouldn't go so far to say it's damaged or that it can't play games (it obviously can). However, that doesn't mean it's fit for every single situation or game. You'll have no problems in some games, but have crashes and anomalies in others. Unfortunately, this makes the error difficult to troubleshoot.

I know that you wanted this to be escalated, however, I feel there is little we would be able to do from this side. Your GPU works a bit differently than others so implementing a fix might not resolve your issue. I will do my best with the information you've given me already though.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    In nobodies solution to this problem has replacing the GPU resulted in the issue being resolved. The only thing I've heard that has fixed it for some people is redownloading the game multiple times and hoping that it eventually works. Given the other solutions such as deleting local data sometimes working it would be probably a lot more likely it has something to do with some sort of file corruption rather than something to do with the GPU. I'm not one to tell you how to do your job, but you should be giving me good reasons as to why these solutions work rather than trying to claim because my GPU has some wear that it has to be culprit of the problem.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Galaticus.

I apologize if some of my suggestions or reasoning wasn't clear. Let me explain the error and how I try to go about resolving it.

The error you received is a driver crash. Unfortunately, that is a rather vague error because it doesn't tell us exactly what caused the crash, only that it crashed. Due to that vague quality, we have to suggest a number of things that might be causing it. As you said, reinstalling will resolve the issue if it's caused by a corrupted file. Sometimes it might be a driver issue (either from an improper install or it's simply outdated). Sometimes your anti-virus or another program might interfere with the game and crash it. The suggestions I've given have proven useful in the past, that's why I always suggest them; they may resolve the issue for you. And yes, I've seen changing the GPU to work in the past (Although it's rarely suggested).

I understand that it doesn't seem like your GPU is at fault because it's played the game before and it has no issues with other games. However, my point is that it may not be a good fit in all scenarios. I don't think it's fundamentally broken, but it does have some abnormal properties (you can't run it at it's standard clock speed for instance). It sounds like it can do the job most of the time, but there are a few scenarios (like the one we are in now) where it might not work properly. I only bring this up because I know you've tried everything else and still have no change in the issue.

Because the error is this vague, I may be wrong in my conclusion, but if you've tried all the other suggestions and you say your GPU has these eccentricities, that's the conclusion I'm going to come to. One way to know for sure is for you to try out a different GPU. See if you can borrow one from someone, just to see if you run into the same issue. If you can play fine, then it might be your current GPU. If you run into the exact same problem, then we can see what we can do about escalating this.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Let me get this straight, your saying that if I don't fork over 200$ for a new graphics card you can't diagnose the issue? Do you understand how infuriating that is to hear? What if, by chance it doesn't work still. I will have just gone and wasted my money. If you can't guarantee a solution to the problem there is no way I'm going to be spending that kind of money. There is something in the patch that broke mine and many others clients that should be reason enough for the issue to be escalated. I understand its hard to tell whats causing the issue and people are solving it in different ways but it doesn't preclude the fact that there was a /big/ problem with the patch that should be looked into. So if you can't offer me any other help than "buy a new graphics card" then at least tell me that you will look potentially trying to solve the problem with a patch of sorts because that is so much more reasonable than suggesting to burn money on new hardware.
    (1)

Thank you for the reply Galaticus.

To clarify, I wanted you to test another GPU, preferably borrowing one so you don't need to spend any money. I should also clarify that this is not an issue specifically with the patch. It did not create the issue. However, we will be requesting additional information at this time so we can further investigate the issue. To do so, we will be sending a support ticket to the email associated with your Square Enix account. Please respond to this email as we will be continuing support through that channel.

We will move this thread to 'Support Center Ticket Created' as support will be conducted through the email ticket system.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2