Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70

Unplayable since 4.4

I wanted to make my own thread since the last one hasn't gotten any attention and hasn't been moved to the accepted bugs section.

Ever since the release of 4.4 there has been an error that first occurs when loading into a specific instance. It seems to be different for everyone under different conditions. For some people it seems to be isolated to instances they may not visit regularly. However, for others it is town areas rendering the game unplayable past the loading screen.

The errors persist upon full re-installation of the game and wiping of local game files.

The errors persist regardless of drivers ( new or old ) & DirectX versions.

The errors persist regardless of the Compatibility Mode being set to Windows 7 ( or any other setting. )

The errors persist upon changing graphical options in the client.

The errors persist whether or not there is any overclocking present.

The errors persist with overlays turned off.

The errors persist no matter what drive the game is installed on.

The errors persist in Fullscreen, in Borderless Windowed and in Windowed.

The errors persist on both DX11

and DX9

Some additional notes on the matter. Sometimes there are multiple error boxes, and the order of the error stack seems to change depending on the client however the one thing that remains consistent is the existence of KERNEL32.dll and NTdll.dll. See these posts by other users.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeric View Post
    I can't remember whether this error in the middle's popped up before; it's usually been a succession of 3 or 4 error windows that pop over the top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarina_Kit View Post
    Having the same issue here.

Errors:
    DX11 -> https://puu.sh/ByrDf/6690ab7ea4.png

DX9 -> https://puu.sh/ByrFi/d257f384b2.png
    It has been two weeks since I've been able to properly launch the game, and paying for a game that I cannot access isn't something I'm very keen on especially considering the lack of support this has been getting. I consider myself lucky that I'm not a raider as that experience would've been completely ruined by the lack of progress on the issue and moreover as a FC leader this has been extremely frustrating to deal with on multiple levels. So if there are any updates on this particular bug please update us.

-=-=-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-=-=-

SYSTEM_OS Windows 10 Home 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    SYSTEM_CPU AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
    SYSTEM_CORE_NUM SYSTEM_CORE_LOGIC 4 SYSTEM_CORE_PHYSICS 2
    SYSTEM_BIOS Default System BIOS
    SYSTEM_LANGUAGE English (Regional Setting: English)
    SYSTEM_MEMORY 16367.234MB
    SYSTEM_VIRTUAL_MEMORY 134217727.875MB
    SYSTEM_PAGE_FILE 20329.000MB
    SYSTEM_STORAGE C:\ SYSTEM_HARDDISK_DRIVE SYSTEM_TOTALDISC_SPACE 1862.089GB SYSTEM_FREEDISC_SPACE 479.970GB
    SYSTEM_STORAGE D:\ SYSTEM_HARDDISK_DRIVE SYSTEM_TOTALDISC_SPACE 232.884GB SYSTEM_FREEDISC_SPACE 12.316GB
    SYSTEM_DIRECTX_VERSION DirectX 12
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DEVICE \\.\DISPLAY1
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_CHIP GeForce GTX 970
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_MAKER NVIDIA
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_VRAM 4043.500 MB
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_SHARED_VRAM 8183.617 MB
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DAC Integrated RAMDAC
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DISPLAY_MODE 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DRIVER C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_cad5fc8f5ca41c15\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_cad5fc8f5ca41c15\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_cad5fc8f5ca41c15\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_cad5fc8f5ca41c15\nvldumdx.dll
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DRIVER_VERSION 24.21.0014.1163
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DRIVER_DATE 9/17/2018 20:00:00
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_DRIVER_LANGUAGE English
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_PIXEL_SHADER 3.0
    SYSTEM_GRAPHICS_VERTEX_TEXTURE SYSTEM_SUPPORT
    SYSTEM_SOUND Speakers (G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow)
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DEVICE_ID {26ABBBB1-C033-47B3-9549-4B765BD6B5E9}
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DEVICE_NAME USBAUDIO.sys
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_VERSION 6.02.17134.0001
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_LANGUAGE English
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_DATE 4/11/2018 00:00:00
    SYSTEM_SOUND Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DEVICE_ID {635C384B-74CC-4DBD-8886-22DAC696787A}
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DEVICE_NAME RTKVHD64.sys
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_VERSION 6.00.0001.7246
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_LANGUAGE English
    SYSTEM_SOUND_DRIVER_DATE 5/14/2014 00:00:00
    SYSTEM_INPUT {6F1D2B60-D5A0-11CF-BFC7444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_NAME Mouse
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 3 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 8 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {6F1D2B61-D5A0-11CF-BFC7444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_NAME Keyboard
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 128 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F415ACC0-6201-11E7-8003444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_NAME G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F41621F0-6201-11E7-8004444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F4151080-6201-11E7-8001444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_NAME Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 573 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F4169720-6201-11E7-8007444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 3 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F416BE30-6201-11E7-8008444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 1 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F416E540-6201-11E7-8009444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 1 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F4153790-6201-11E7-8002444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_NAME Gaming Mouse G600
    SYSTEM_INPUT {F4167010-6201-11E7-8006444553540000}
    SYSTEM_INPUT_REMARKS SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_AXIS 0 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_BUTTON 2 SYSTEM_GAMEPAD_FOV 0
    (0)
    Last edited by Galaticus; 10-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rinia Strauss
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Have you tried the new patch (4.41)? It fixed the issues for me. Hopefully it has done the same for you. Best of luck.

EDIT: Nevermind. Issue seems back, but not nearly as bad.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rinia; 10-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I haven't reinstalled since 4.41 but I still have the same error. Those screenshots were taken today.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rinia Strauss
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I actually ended up just crashing again because of the same issue. Everything was fine all day, but Upper La Noscea still seems to give me the same issue despite the Gold Saucer and such having been just fine.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

I know I've spoken to you previously Galaticus, so I apologize if anything I say sounds redundant or if I suggest something you've tried already.

First, you mentioned that it first occurred when loading into a specific instance. Which instance was that?

Normally, updating your graphics card can help alleviate the issue. However for some graphics cards, it might be beneficial to revert them. Try doing a clean install of an older version of your graphics card drivers.

Remove any overclock that may be present on any part of your PC (this includes any factory overclocks on your GPU).

Have the game installed on the C drive if it is not already.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

I know I've spoken to you previously Galaticus, so I apologize if anything I say sounds redundant or if I suggest something you've tried already.

First, you mentioned that it first occurred when loading into a specific instance. Which instance was that?

Normally, updating your graphics card can help alleviate the issue. However for some graphics cards, it might be beneficial to revert them. Try doing a clean install of an older version of your graphics card drivers.

Remove any overclock that may be present on any part of your PC (this includes any factory overclocks on your GPU).

Have the game installed on the C drive if it is not already.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    I tried that as well, and it doesn't work. I'll add it to my post. The instances are Rhalgr's Reach and The Lochs mind you I cannot even manage to get past a loading screen but I'm pretty sure considering the posts by other people there are other places that are affected as well.
    (0)

Thank you for the update Galaticus.

I apologize that I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'd like to gather some more information about your graphics card. I'll forward this information so it can be looked into, however I can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

Specifically, what graphics card are you using (I see you posted a system report, but I would like the full name and manufacturer of it as well)? How long have you been using it and has it sustained any physical damage (to your knowledge).

It also looks like there is a new driver version for your graphics card. I'd like you to try that one and see if anything changes (even if you are still receiving the error.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I have tried the new driver update just a half hour ago and I confirm that doesn't work. Its an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0. I've had it quite awhile there are some slight problems with it.. but nothing that has prevented me from playing the game the night before the patch. Furthermore.. I have no issues in any other games that have released after 4.4 or before. FFXIV is the only game giving me errors like these. There seems to be a trend that something involved with the patch started a majority of these issues. I did some research earlier and found that errors like these were addressed in a patch eventually. ( While still there wasn't much help on the official forum from GMs communicating that it was being looked into. ) I just want to make sure that staff is aware that it is happening again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Galaticus; 10-06-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Thank you for the update Galaticus.

Can you clarify what you mean by "there are some slight problems with it"? Have you experienced any kind of graphical glitches or sub par performance in other games? I'm not trying to suggest that your GPU is damaged, I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible. I apologize for any redundancy in my questions.

About how many years have you had the 970?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I've had it for 4 or 5 years. Its complicated. I have to manually set the GPU clock and power state through NVidia Inspector. It seems like if it runs at normal voltage it'll lose connection to the MB- meaning the computer runs but the display blanks out. Generally I just manually set it to run at 760MHz. Which doesn't produce any graphical anomalies. This isn't a recent thing. I've had my GPU set up this way since the launch of Stormblood if not earlier. It actually has zero problems in any other games and still hits pretty hard. Few examples. Ring of Elysium, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Overwatch.. etc.. all work fine and are DX11 games. It is just a tad slower than it used to be but otherwise works fine. My frame rates in FFXIV were around 60 with maxed out settings. I highly doubt my graphics card is at fault. Seeing as the game only crashes when I loaded into specific areas. The game seems to run the same as usual until I hit those areas.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast