Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alestorm View Post
    Honestly crafting will likely need/get some changes come 5.0 simply due to ability bloat. right now we have a ton of buttons to the point of filling 4 hot bars and with more levels means more buttons we can't really fit all that easily. PC has the luxury of tons of hot bars, but I kind of doubt PS4 players have as many cross bars.
    There's no real point to having all of your abilities on your bars. I have abilities I'm likely to use if I manually craft something, usually like a beast tribe daily item, and otherwise I just operate out of my macro menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlantaa View Post
    I think it is better just simplify the process of making requierd mats.

To make a Chigusa Ingot you must make a Oroshigane Ingot, then a Tama-hagane ingot, then the Chigusa ingot. And a lot materalias are like this. It is very annoying and pointless.
    It's not pointless at all. Taking up time increases the value of the item and gives people choices about how they want to craft it. Someone who is poor might choose to spend more time crafting and make things from raw materials, while someone like myself will probably just buy the Tama-hagane ingots because I have better things to do with my life than autosynth them.

The easier and more streamlined crafting gets, the less valuable the items produced by crafting will become. Never forget that. If you guys keep clamoring for convenience, eventually it will end up like crafting in WoW, where nothing you can make actually has value.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nixxe; 10-02-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CupDeNoodles View Post
    Make no mistake, crafting a full set of anything is annoying. It's either change the whole idea of crafting to something far more simple or give crafters a way of doing it faster while still maintaining the current system. I just want the monotony to end. I do not want to take so many steps to make one item.
    I wouldn't call making a full set annoying, more like complex and involved. Having a series of intermediate tasks in order to earn the chance to do the final stage helps to give value to the final result. It's not supposed to be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CupDeNoodles View Post
    Also yes, while less people will buy ready made items like leathers, I believe the market will simply shift towards base items like hides. Which is how it should be in my opinion.
    So people can no longer make gil by crafting, but it's ok because they can make their gil by gathering instead? The problem with that is that not every crafter likes the gathering part. You complained about not liking the monotony of the intermediate step but just shifted that emphasis onto the even more monotonous initial step.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2