Just some info for those not playing XIV and curious of it. The server merge isn't as bad as some might think. With the unveiling of Version 2.0 a couple of months away the servers will be added again. For now due to a lower Pay2play base the merging is to help connect some of the smaller servers with some of the bigger ones like where I come from. The ps3 beta is later this year as well and will bring in a higher group of people who wanted to play but couldn't because of the higher PC demands.

For now we are witnessing a once only set of events, items, mounts that will not be obtainable at the 2.0 release. A story line unobtainable after 2.0 and many other things that paying customers only now have the opportunity to get or be a part of. one such item being my new friend, Gus. Say hi gus

Future planned mounts, jumps, moogles(already out):
CLICK THIS

Info for FFXIV can be found here:
CLICK THIS

And info on 2.0 here:
Version 2.0 (later this year)

CLICK THIS

This link here will take you to the things we are looking forward to later this month of Febuary when we get hit with another big patch. It includes Residence, jobs(PLD WAR MNK BLM WHM BRD DRG) and AF, and new dungeons!
CLICK THIS

On top of all this its only like half price to play right now so I suggest giving it a try, collect some rare things you wont get after 2.0 and enjoy a new adventure.

Also were looking at 3 new races come to play in XIV:
Female Roegadyn(galkas) ((top left))
Female Highlanders ((Bottom left))
Male Miqote(mithra) ((bottom right))

AF

Don't buy low level gear on the markets, there are a few very nice npc's that show up in the very middle of the markets in lower tailors, fieldcraft, tradescraft, battlecraft and spellcraft, or ones behind the desks of your adventure guild by the NPC who had you start the main quests.

Prices on the market are very overpriced, If you want something that is very costly, look up the materials and shout for someone who can make them. Many are very nice and willing to help you out, I usually award the kindness by offering shards or crystals for the crafts they use.

HELPFUL SITES FOR NEW PLAYERS:

Lodestone (for xiv news)

This site, silly! (FFXIV forums)

Mooglebox (items/recipes)

Yellow Gremlin (items/recipes)

disciplesoftheland.com (Gathering)

ffxivZam (items/recipes/NPC/quests)

Materia(List of materia and what to spirit bond to make it)

XIVPads (I dunno.. people seem to use it alot now)

link to food and what it does

CLICK HERE

Hope it helps, enjoy!

Come play with us! <3