Player
    Character
    Sukamachi Chan
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Raid System

Raid system needs a major over hull. Its bunch of garbage when you run same raid over and over and never win one roll. They need to make it where you get a weekly token after finish each one and not make ones have to run it ungodly amount times just to get a weekly item. They need to stop and think that not every player has unlimited time to run them. Some of us only can play few hours a day if that. Don't see how it is fair to ones if run same raid 3 or more times and never get anything. All other mmo's played ones always got something at the end.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kestrel Moon
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    That’s why I don’t really try for the drops. I’ll go into each one once per week if I feel like it, and if I come out with something great, if not oh well. I don’t enjoy feeling like I’m spinning my wheels, so its hard for me to get into something where there isn’t some guaranteed sense of progression.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I agree that the system being used isn't ideal, but I think the point with not having a guaranteed drop is so that people keep running the content so that everyone can get what they need. However, now that the Normal Raid roulette is a thing, I think the loot system might be overhauled.

But perhaps rather than a guaranteed drop on your first clear, perhaps every clear could give you a datalog unique to that floor (like what you get in savage) and a certain number of datalogs can be exchanged for a piece. Maybe something like 5-10 datalogs to get an item from that floor, and you can only buy one piece a week, or can only buy a piece if you didn't get one as a drop, and once you buy one it counts as your loot drop for the week <shrug>
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I do feel like some sort of "run this enough times to get your wanted part" is a good idea, but there needs to be some sort of "once a week" lock to it that's shared with the actual drops, otherwise the situation won't change: you'll have guaranteed progression, but you feel just as cheated when you run 50x and don't get that crank you want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vaeldus Astralys
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I feel like there are a lot of caveats to why this is a thing . The more people you can keep running the fights the more people can get in and out quickly. I think that's why the same system is used in alliance roulette. Not to mention there is a myriad of other ways to get other gear right now. I like the thought but it doesn't make sense if you compare it to other systems and how the game functions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Wish this were a thing. I really want WoD glamour for my DRK but it's like a 1/16 drop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It's a double edged sword.

A raid in FF XIV is only four bosses, with two difficulties.

If they allow you to run it once and be done, well then their raid tear lasts like...an hour a week.

It would be nice to have something in cases of bad luck. I had to run O12 6 times to get a shaft this week which was annoying. But on the other hand, if you ran it once and then had loot lockout, the content wouldn't last long enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Right. And this raid tier will last us until July when, presumably 5.0's raid will be released (assuming the vanilla expansion patch release date is in June again). So, you will have plenty of time to gear up before it all becomes utterly irrelevant and useless past the 3rd leveling Dungeon into Level 76.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    Right. And this raid tier will last us until July when, presumably 5.0's raid will be released (assuming the vanilla expansion patch release date is in June again). So, you will have plenty of time to gear up before it all becomes utterly irrelevant and useless past the 3rd leveling Dungeon into Level 76.
    Yep. All glory to the treadmill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    That is why a token like system should be implemented. So many times a week i end up with nothing because tired of running 20X or so to get a weekly drop.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast