World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 53
    Paper found crumpled and torn in a corner of the Ul'dah markets

Thancred, poet of the desert sands

First met when I was far from home

Questing, heart-sick for sea-salted winds

I learned the sands had a charm of their own.

Now as I gaze into the distance

Images unbidden assault my mind

Thy honeyed tongue Echoes in my ears

Peace from waking dreams I’ve yet to find

Dark eyes that lit a fire within me

Silver glint of deadly daggers drawn

Sinuous, elegant, tempting form,

Fingers running through hair of sun-bleached blonde

The blackened spirals upon thy neck

Marks of the destiny that binds us all

And holds us all at dagger’s point

As the crimson moon begins to fall

Of futures perfect and pasts uncertain

Much you know, though little is told

Cloaked, with companions, in mystery and shadow,

Knowledge of eldritch powers old

I do not trust you, for the life of a pirate

Unwary, ends in pain and naught

Yet I do not forget your kindness shown me

Or the lithe form beside me as we fought

These work roughened hands could offer you little

This battle-scarred body silks only would mock

My place is with my people, of the proud Limsa Lominsa

Yet still you manage to haunt my thoughts

Thancred, thief of the desert sands

These endless, uncertain days I watch you from afar

These words, my heart’s blood, crumpled in my hands

For you, a pirate’s heart, stolen from sea and shore.
    (2)

Player

Hello Totonawa
    It's me again, Amyie Hanako, you know that girl from Besaid, yeah, that one, I've got something to tell you. I know you have heard the talk of the world ending soon, and I feel I have to tell you how I feel. I know we got off to a bad start when I threw you at the Goobbue who invaded Uldah when I first arrived, but I honestly thought you were a moogle bomb, but I have come to you faithfully every day for leves and I trust we can get past that, I forgave myself already. You are so generous for letting me cook right next to you in the adventures guild, even though I accidently threw you into the frying pan mistaking you for a midland cabbage, you took it all in stride, and I thought you smelled tasty to boot! And don't get me started on the unfortunate soccer match I started in Uldah that one day using "homemade" soccer balls, many Lalafell's died needlessly that day, and we didn't even win . Every day I walk in the room it's crowded, yet your eyes are locked on mine, some people say your face is one of sheer terror, I think you are just playing hard to get!
    I guess what I'm getting at is I really like you, I'm not sure if you're a male or female, but I don't get hung up on minor details such as that. We can decide who will carry our kids next week after we get married. I know you might be a little scared off by the rumor of my previous two Lalafell husbands dying within a month of marrying me, I accidently synthed one mistaken him for a lighting crystal, which can happen to anyone, and the other accused me of flirting with King mog, and accidently fell onto the track of the during the illegal chocobo races "unrelated of course." I can assure you that both of those incidents were isolated, and third time is a charm! I'm just saying that it is time for you to settle down, come off that step stool, and retire as my housewife/househusband "are you a man or woman anyway, that hood is very mysterious, I like that." I need an answer now, you may have noticed I am standing in front of you as you read this letter. With the world possibly ending, we must live every moment like it's our last. So do you want me to be your wife, or do you want to be mine forever, your choice, keep in mind, life is short!
    Love Amyie
    (6)

Player

To the lady Chuchumu,

I, a lonely weaver of humble and meager means (and only a few million Gil) have only to hear your sweet voice, that of a nightingale to my ears, to make my heart smile. They all whisper of how beautiful my lady is but I feel I’m the only one that knows of the deep passion you possess. From the first day I saw you holding that ripped and shredded red hood, I had known deep down that I was the one for you. As I wiped your puffy eyes, you’re crying stopped and you smiled at me. What a smile! I’ll not ever forget it: it seemed to radiate from tip to pointy tip of yours ears and from that day on I knew I was yours. I float on air when you’re with me and the alchemists say they’ll pay me well to know how I did it. I’ll not tell them it is my love for you because they’ll want you for themselves! Those nasty spiders were nothing, and the healer said it will grow back. I would fight anything for you! The little prince may have your eye now, but his is a fleeting fancy. I know his type and my heart would break to see you end up just another woman in his clutches as you are not just another woman to me. I’ll all ways be there for you. Even now I feel I’m with you as I write this beside some one else that looks just like you. They say “Hi” by the way, and said you should pick me! Alas my dear Chuchumu, our time is short: we must make haste! Your step-mother knows all; the Crown Prince Teledji Adeledji is playing you for a fool; and our friend Deaustie is nothing but a snake. They know your plans my love; they tried to cover it up with some foolish story and tried to bribe me! I’ll take care of it all: no one will suspect you! We can steal away to the country side just the two of us. I’ll spend my life making you want for nothing. If I’m not for you, I wish but for a single parting kiss that I can take with me to the grave, as I died suddenly of a broken heart. Pick me my love Chuchumu! You’ll always be a princess to me!

From the tips of my pointy ears to the bottoms of my little feet, yours forever faithful and loving,
    Xan
    OXOOxxx
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Se'rahr Kavaskous
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70

Serahr Kavaskous' Heartfelt Letter

Dearest Yhah Amariyo,
    Deepest of desires, the taker of my breath, the bearer of my heart, so true are your amber eyes, so soothing is your lavender scent, that tickles the tip of my nose. You are intoxicating, and even when away in my travels, I never sober of you. Your beauty is tragic, for any whom look upon you, are left yearning. Even in my travels, the fighting and the battles fought, I think of you. Never, while away from this city of sand and greed, have I seen a beauty such as yours, not unlike the wilds of the forests by which I hail, that I might be willing to lay down arms and settle myself, far from the comfort of the twelveswood.

Would you come with me to the forests, leave this city of money and sin? Give me a chance to know you, and show you the world beyond? Across the Strait of Merlthor, and to Sharlavan, to journey along with me, sword and staff in hand? A moment, a single tear, a spoken whisper in an ear, the bearing of a soul laid out, hear me. hear my plea! A thousand words left unspoken, hidden in a kiss, that love reciprocated, the world would not be missed.

As surely as the waning moon does shine, Menphina has blessed me with your visage that haunts my every dream and waking moment. Each day is my own personal Hel, that once I might approach you, moogles dance upon my heart, weighing heavily on my soul. But today is unlike any other day, today is the day that all may lay out their hearts and souls, and beseech their beloved, and I surely must do the same, for my passion burns brighter than even the mightiest of Ifrit's flames, and purer than the purest springs.

Our love could be like the waters of a Coerthian stream, everflowing, there is too much love to have. Everthirsty, we drink from its waters until we burst, in its abundance, it survives our thirst. Day by day we come to the shores and drink our fill, yet it is never enough, and never satisfies, never holds us, so we return to it's shores, thirsty, willing to die, within its joyous waters.

On this day of love, be my Valentine, do not shy away, but look kindly upon me.

Sincerely Yours,
    Serahr Kavaskous.
    (2)

Proud member of the White Ravens Club.
    Nova Detritus <Detri> is recruiting! detritus.enjin.com/about for more information!

Player

Forever and Always

Dear Maisie,

Our time together has been very special, your wisdom and knowledge swims through me like a Northern Pike in a Gridania stream. Thank you for being you and showing me the way of becoming a great fisherman, without you I would still be a rank 1 fisherman to this day. Even though I have been away fishing for weeks there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and what you have taught me. Whenever I become tired from fishing I think of you which gives me strength to continue. I miss you like a Desert Rose misses the sun in the cold desert nights. I love you...

Forever and Always

(1)

Player
    Character
    Joshy Lee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    To the love of my life Roserette,

From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one for me
    Beautiful face, mesmerizing eyes and silky black hair. I just knew it was meant to be
    Twas no coincidence walking by you to the wellhead lift, just to catch a glimpse of what I could not resist
    Shopping for goods I did not need, just to see those eyes looking back at me

You gave me a chance I did not deserve, I will love you always, I give you my word
    Three years running, my feelings stronger than ever, will you love me and stay by my side forever

Gone for months at a time at the Red Rooster Inn, only thinking of you and when we will be together again
    Soon you will be embraced in my arms, safe, knowing I will never do you harm
    They sent me home on temporary leave, reading this I know you are pleased
    There was no question you are the only one for me and by your side, there's nowhere I would rather be

I think it is time we make it official, will you join me in a marriage that is mutually beneficial
    I give you my life, will you please step outside so I can ask you to be my wife
    I love you with all my heart, body and soul. Say yes and that you will haunt me forever

From the love of your life,
    Joshy Lee

*Rosette walked outside to see Joshy Lee /kneel. She jumped in his arms with glee saying "/Yes! I will be your wife eternally". The couple shared a /blowkiss, got on their chocobos and rode off in bliss.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Feyori Lynare
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    My dearest Little Sheepy,

You bring such a smile to my day,
    Each time I climb up the hill to play.
    Your “Eees!” fill me with joy and delight,
    I dream of you every night.
    One sheep, two sheep, three…
    You are the only sheepy for me!

To a miqo’te, you are like a giant ball of yarn,
    Round, white and fluffy.
    I see you when I look up at the clouds,
    Won’t you come back with me to the Black Shroud?

I long to share with you my adventures and my life,
    To protect you from hardship and strife.
    For this Keeper of the Moon cat,
    Her life mission is just that.

With all this, I mean to say…
    Happy Valentione’s Day!

(5)

Player
    Character
    Mizore Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Wherefore Art Thou Bayohne?

O Bayohne, Bayohne, wherefore art thou Bayohne?
    Deny thy father and refuse thy name!
    Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
    And I'll no longer be a Lalafell.

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy:
    Thou art thyself, though not a Morbol.
    What's Morbol? It is nor tentacle nor root,
    Nor vine nor petal, nor any other part
    Belonging to a plant. O be some other name!
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other word would smell as sweet breath;
    So Bayohne would, were he not Bayohne call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Bayohne, doff thy name,
    and for thy name, which is no part of thee,
    Take all myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The following letters was left discretely upon the Gatewarden's table sealed in wax pressed upon with my signet. A scripted "L" is written on it.

From where the Riversmeet my heart yearns to find The Kiss.

The kiss to rival all kisses,
    to find that which is missing.
    Not to steal away that which is pure and forever giving,
    but provide that which I desire above all in my days of living.

Upon first glance, I knew thee to be the one
    I could hold until my end.
    To give to thy soul happier days,
    and take from thee all worries, upon this scroll
    I write to you a promise always.

And what greater gift could there be?
    To give freely my heart for all to see,
    To you, my Love, and one else?
    Truly, deeply, I believe t'is you to set free
    all this love burning deep within me.

The rivers of Coerthas are but a stream,
    When set against my heart's greatest dream.
    For you I fish, for you I breath
    For you sword I will sheath
    forever, if that is your wish.

Take up the anvil,
    put down the blade.
    I would do that if you breathed such words.
    For nothing to me is higher
    than what you wish, want, or desire.

The wish, The Kiss, to show you where the Riversmeet.
    So you may see where the Riverskiss,
    and share such a kiss, to rival all kisses.
    Our hearts entwined down by the river.

One glance, one nod, my Love, I'll understand,
    if that were but made clear to me.
    'Til I return to the 'meet
    and seek my fishes,
    I dream of nothing but of such kisses.

GJ
    (1)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Isilgeim Ahtsaeswyn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    My dear Wandering Minstrel,

At first, I believed our meeting to be one of flightful fancy. I listened to you speak of your travels, of the kingdoms you've visited, and bestowed upon me a gift- a polished horn, which would tame a mighty Goobbue for me to ride. Then, I learned the secret of the horn, that Goobbues were attracted to its sound, thinking it to be a mating call! A joke played by a wandering dandy, or a flirt in disguise? I couldn't decide, and simply rode about upon a rug on the head of a giant ambulatory plant, wandering as adventurers are wont to do. But the meeting never left my memory, and staring into the night sky conjured up the echo of every step I've taken in my adventure within Eorzea.

Dalamud burns brighter and larger in the sky with each passing night, and great changes have swept across the land in one short year. Festivals raise the spirits of cities in a time of uncertainty. Improved commercial planning in the city-states has brought the ability to quickly scour the market wards for needed goods. The Grand Companies have revived from mere schoolyard tale to fiery rivals. The Empire's aggression onto Eorzea's land became real. More and more do adventurers heed the call to arms, developing their fighting techniques, creating devastating combination attacks that fell the greatest of beasts. Dzemael Darkhold spills forth with demons and Ceruleum. Primals surge with power long unheeded, and adventurers are tempered when they emerge through the trials of fire.

And yet, hundreds of those in the cities, toiling to make our lives easier, and the thousands of adventurers who have helped each other, helped you, helped the realm- they endure.

I'm able to write this letter to you, because of all their efforts. You've only arrived to Eorzea yourself, but I believe you've so much to offer, and so much that you've already done that you're being modest about. Your wandering path to Eorzea was no mistake. Stay- not for the gods, not for the people, but for me. Don't stare into the vast abyss alone, wondering if the 'Void' you see is a haunting reflection. Come with me, and let us seek this world together. If it is our future, let us shape it with our own hands. If it is our death, then I wish to meet it with axe in one hand, both feet on the ground, and you by my side.

A song once whispered to me, different from the one that sung to you. In its words, I have found strength, inspiration, and I hope that you draw from it as I have.

Walk free, walk free,
    walk free, believe,
    The land's alive, so believe.

Be mine,
    Hachi Roku

PS- Have you done any modeling? There's someone in a promotional postcard for the Firefall Faire that looks just like you...
    (1)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast