Player
    Character
    Irvy Ryath
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    No, you just have hours and hours of barely utilizing your brain because you're down into the sub-10 APM counts that FFXI gameplay has.

Might as well go watch a movie at that point, to be honest.

I played FFXI for years, and I have memories of oftentimes being half asleep in a zombie like state because the gameplay was just that boring, even after Rhapsodies on many jobs.
    You need far more than 10 APM to be successful in FFXI. Especially after the 99 cap increase and all the ridiculous gear they released, but that was true even before. Some piece of content used to be very intense.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    You need far more than 10 APM to be successful in FFXI. Especially after the 99 cap increase and all the ridiculous gear they released, but that was true even before. Some piece of content used to be very intense.
    Well, it feels like 10APM sometime on some jobs, especially some melee jobs. People complain about 2.5s GCD in XIV, but seriously, it's not too uncommon to go 10+ seconds without anything to do. Need TP to do a weaponskill, most of your abilities have 5+ minute cooldowns, etc.

Also, I'm not including movement in the APM estimates... and 10 APM is 6 seconds avg between ability usage, afterall and I can tell you that waiting longer than 6 seconds between doing things is very common.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maeka; 09-23-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I like FF XIV for the story and side stories such as the Hildibrand Adventures. None of the MMO's I've played are close in this regard. I do feel with Stormblood the MSQ content is not up to what it was in ARR/HW and the patches were even lighter on content. One thing I didn't like from first moving here from WoW was the combat system but I got use to it. After primarily playing ESO for about the past 6 months I find the combat system archaic and slow. The same goes for the character movement controls. If I were to compare FF XIV at this point with the fiasco they call housing, Eureka, less content and some of the boneheaded changes they made to jobs I would say FF has lost its way and overall isn't up to what the other games offer. So much so that I gave up my house and canceled my sub giving me a couple of weeks to finish out 4.4.
    (1)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    And yet, the one thing that FFXIV tries to copy FFXI on, is universally hated by everybody, you know, Diadem/Eureka/Pagos?

Apparently FFXI-style content is NOT fun afterall, by most peoples' standards.

Eureka is basically an Abyssea re-hash, and... most people hate it.
    Yea, because we all know taking one thing out of context means that it's a bad idea. FFXI had mistakes as well, Diadem was one of them, but over all, I think FFXI was the superior MMO. When I heard about FFXIV, I came hoping it was similar content with just improved combat system and the likes. Expected to be camping in the overworld pulling mobs and watching mob trains when it all goes wrong. Expected some sort of involvement with random people rather than a 15-20 minute dungeon in which no one talks, and the focus is just getting the dungeon done as fast as possible.

...what I got was....this game....

.....exciting
    (3)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleofThree View Post
    Yea, because we all know taking one thing out of context means that it's a bad idea. FFXI had mistakes as well, Diadem was one of them, but over all, I think FFXI was the superior MMO. When I heard about FFXIV, I came hoping it was similar content with just improved combat system and the likes. Expected to be camping in the overworld pulling mobs and watching mob trains when it all goes wrong. Expected some sort of involvement with random people rather than a 15-20 minute dungeon in which no one talks, and the focus is just getting the dungeon done as fast as possible.

...what I got was....this game....

.....exciting
    At least you still have FFXI, and I have FFXIV which I like a lot better than XI. We can agree to disagree, and continue enjoying the games we enjoy.
    (6)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    At least you still have FFXI, and I have FFXIV which I like a lot better than XI. We can agree to disagree, and continue enjoying the games we enjoy.
    Minus the part of still having FFXI, cause I don't. Also minus the part of enjoying the games we enjoy, cause I don't. Other than that, yea...FFXIV rocks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tom Crescent
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Played WoW, GW2 and FFXIV

WoW : If you didn't play Warcraft III, the story itself is terrible, everything is generic and the OST isn't that great
    GW2 : An amazing game, the gameplay is extremely dynamic and the game itself is far harder than WoW/FFXIV. The story is great and the OST is pretty good
    XIV has the best artstyle, OST, visuals, story and has overall better quality content than WoW and GW2 (not quantity though)
    (1)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleofThree View Post
    Minus the part of still having FFXI, cause I don't. Also minus the part of enjoying the games we enjoy, cause I don't. Other than that, yea...FFXIV rocks.
    The FFXI servers are still up, are they not?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Krokov Reynall
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    The FFXI servers are still up, are they not?
    Yes FFXI servers are still up and going.
    (4)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokov View Post
    Yes FFXI servers are still up and going.
    Fair enough was under the assumption they were all privitized now, meaning you need an invite from some group to play
    (0)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast