Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Getting Gil Through Marketplace Help?

So I am interested in starting to sell things on the Marketplace to get gil, however I am a little confused an unsure on how to start. I have sold a few things through my retainer, but those were only like music sheets or small things thats sold for like 300gil.

I only have about 317,000 gil right now after buying a house.

I know that selling things often depends on just what is needed/popular, and can change constantly. I am looking for things that generally always sell well and are easy to get at my lower crafting/gathering levels. Or what levels to get a certain class to in order to get stuff.

I personally prefer to gather just one thing to sell, because my inventory, retainers, and chocobo saddle are very full. And I like gathering things to max stack.

My main class is a WHM of level 70 and these are my crafting/gathering classes.
    Server: Famfrit

Carpenter 21
    Blacksmith 16
    Armorer 16
    Goldsmith 20
    Leatherworker 22
    Weaver 30. Desynth 1
    Alchemist 14
    Culinarian 15

Miner 31
    Botoanist 31
    Fisher 32

Thank you!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    (Since I can’t edit posts on my phone, I have to add a new reply)

Also, does anyone have advice on desynthesis? Like which ones to get to a certain level? I know there is a desyth max level across all classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Horu Miyoshi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    If you want to sell things on market board, I would suggest leveling weaver and leatherworker so you will be able to craft glamour gears. Some look really cool and they could sell from 30,000 gils up to 400,000 gils depends on the demand of the community. If you want a more consistent income, I'd suggest leveling all of the DoL and DoH to gather & craft mid-tier materials (either normal or HQ). Some materials need mob farming which doesn't give you much, and they aren't sold in Tradescraft Supplies NPCs, but they can be crafted easily so I would craft a lot of them and sell them at a reasonable price.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CryBloodwing View Post
    I personally prefer to gather just one thing to sell, because my inventory, retainers, and chocobo saddle are very full.
    In that case, intermediate crafting materials (leather, ingots, cloth, etc) are a good bet, especially if you can make them High Quality. They also have an advantage that demand is a bit more consistent than for gear which sells a few pieces now and then, but it's harder to sell in bulk (though when it does sell, some of it fetches a significantly better price than mats, so there's a bit of a tradeoff).

If you go with mats, the main thing to consider at your level is that NPC vendors will be undercutting the really low level ones (to roughly level 15 or so). To make money selling materials, you need to offer ones high enough in level that NPCs don't sell it. The recent update to show NPC sell price in item tooltips should help you figure out which are viable. You can make some money selling things like Aldgoat Leather (LTW 17) or Mudstone Whetstone (GSM 20), but for Brass Ingots (GSM 14) for instance you'd be competing against NPCs that offer it for 68 gil.
    (1)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 09-21-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Selling High Quality gear sets for end-game content is usually a good way to go since you can never go wrong with that. Other than that, what sells varies by World. For example: If you're on a world with lots of crafters, crafting items usually sell high. But if your World is mostly casual players who are just there to collect things or decorate their home, then things like minions or household furnishings are high sellers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaiaku Noctique
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Check Silver Ore on your server. It is easy to gather with a small spawn area meaning you're not having to mount up to go from point to point. It is use in mid tier and high end crafting meaning it always sells. Depending on how many people are mining it the price will vary, but I would expect around 300 to 400 each.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Another thing you can look at, probably alongside rather than instead of mass-gathering ores and things, is crafting materials needed in small amounts for alchemy and cooking recipes, like specific plants.

You can sell single items with a higher price tag than stacks, and help out crafters while you do it.

Another mass gathering item that always sells is Alumen (and higher-leveled versions like Black Alumen) which is needed for crafting all varieties of leather from animal skins.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lilith Diabolus
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    Don't know what server you're playing on but I'm gonna be stupid and tell you a secret of mine.

I only make money through buying cheap and reselling things on the market. I mostly focus on items which sell very fluently and are not 100% stable when it comes to prices. On my server it's mostly materia V and VI. The thing is don't only go for big profits. I buy 20-50 materia V every day for 9 to 11k and resell them on the same day (or the next day in the morning) for 16 to 18k. Sometimes the market goes crazy for whatever reason and the price goes up to 28to 30k.

This is no jackpot but for me it is a very steady way of income.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaiaku Noctique
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgianbeer View Post
    Sometimes the market goes crazy for whatever reason and the price goes up to 28to 30k.
    This is probably caused by someone trying to pentermeld the crafted 380 gear. Grade V at the 5th tier have a 5% chance to attach.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Another thing you can look at, probably alongside rather than instead of mass-gathering ores and things, is crafting materials needed in small amounts for alchemy and cooking recipes, like specific plants.

You can sell single items with a higher price tag than stacks, and help out crafters while you do it.

Another mass gathering item that always sells is Alumen (and higher-leveled versions like Black Alumen) which is needed for crafting all varieties of leather from animal skins.
    I have been able to sell Alumen and like Aldgoat Leather pretty easily and at about 45,000 per stack of 50 Aldgoat Leather.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast