Player
    Character
    Oniwori Kiyuromi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

Low FPS In Alphascape

Not sure if its just me, but anybody else noticed that the FPS drops hard inside? I play on ps4 but not sure if it happening to other people as well that doesn't have a buffed out PC.
    This has never happened in any other raid ever, even in 24man where there are a bunch of other people and effects going on, so don't see why the FPS is so low in Alphascape.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xxvaynxx View Post
    Not sure if its just me, but anybody else noticed that the FPS drops hard inside? I play on ps4 but not sure if it happening to other people as well that doesn't have a buffed out PC.
    This has never happened in any other raid ever, even in 24man where there are a bunch of other people and effects going on, so don't see why the FPS is so low in Alphascape.
    I noticed this particularly in V12N. The others did not seem to be as affected. I’ll probably monitor my FPS next time I run them to see if the V9, V10, And V11 have similar drops, but I know V12N was dropping me by several frames. I wondered if it was the arena, because (spoiler tag for those who haven’t made it to V12N yet)—

The instanced arena prior to the fight also had me dropping to ~45 FPS; I play with frames capped to 60, Borderless Window, GTX 970M, and I typically don’t have many other programs up to eat up resources when I’m playing (basically just Discord most of the time). Perhaps it’s just my graphics card is showing its limitations finally, but the only other area where I’ve experienced FPS drops is in UwU during some of the phase transitions, and that was shared with my raid mates... all of whom have better cards than I do.

So... I’m not sure. It may just be v12’s arena for some reason.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Wintry Day
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    In alphascape v4 lobby (the one you enter after beating v3) my fps went up from 50 to 90 when turning Parallax Occlusion down from high to normal on buffed up pc (8700k+1080ti at 4k). Dunno if that's an option on ps4...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oniwori Kiyuromi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    I noticed this particularly in V12N. The others did not seem to be as affected. I’ll probably monitor my FPS next time I run them to see if the V9, V10, And V11 have similar drops, but I know V12N was dropping me by several frames. I wondered if it was the arena, because (spoiler tag for those who haven’t made it to V12N yet)—

The instanced arena prior to the fight also had me dropping to ~45 FPS; I play with frames capped to 60, Borderless Window, GTX 970M, and I typically don’t have many other programs up to eat up resources when I’m playing (basically just Discord most of the time). Perhaps it’s just my graphics card is showing its limitations finally, but the only other area where I’ve experienced FPS drops is in UwU during some of the phase transitions, and that was shared with my raid mates... all of whom have better cards than I do.

So... I’m not sure. It may just be v12’s arena for some reason.
    Yeah I noticed it very much in o12 which honestly...make its really hard to do everything fast as possible in pressing my action.
    I first noticed in O9 as well though, can't really remember if it was 10 and 11 as well though. Think 11 was fine.
    But either way hope they can fix it or guess just gonna have to deal with in savage.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by xxvaynxx View Post
    For PS4, try lowering your draw quality. System Config > Display Settings > Set Draw Quality to Normal. I did this in V12N, and it instantly fixed that choppiness.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I've definitely noticed a noticeable fps drop and even some stutter when panning the camera around quickly in Omegascape, even in the lobby area.
    I know it isn't my settings and hardware limitations since my comp is pretty hefty and has been able to easily handle anything the game has thrown at it previously with max settings and 4k res.
    It also seems to be only these areas being problematic and only since this patch since I don't recall this happening before with the other tiers of Omega.
    It's by no means unplayable but it is a little annoying and I am somewhat curious as to what is going on, but I am glad that I am not the only one seeing this as I was starting to worry that something was up with my computer.

Perhaps this warrants a bug report if there is not one already?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    A little bit, but it did just come out. When each of the Ivalice raids came out, they were horrible for it as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    A little bit, but it did just come out. When each of the Ivalice raids came out, they were horrible for it as well.
    I have been thinking that may be the case as well and that it is just so many people all slamming the instance servers running the new content that they are under abnormal stress that will eventually lower as the amount of people rushing to do the content subsides.

I will note though that the performance issues do seem a tad different than what I recall from the performance issues in similar instances on the past. Those were discernibly serverside issues with server lag while what I have been seeing looks way more like clientside lag and stutter.

Anyways, we will see eventually if it truly is just launch-week slowdown.
    (0)

Player

Hey OP, if you're still viewing this thread, did the draw distance fix work?
    (0)

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Yeah only in o12 for me as well. Don't tell me the stars in the background are all individually rendered
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast