Player
    Character
    Skye Vrcyee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Ascian error

So I've been looking at the Ascian plan. Sow chaos. Some of them have had the plan of teaching Primal summoning. I don't think they thought that thru too well. What if the WoL didn't kill them? The point was to have chaos from a being that can just will their influence on others. What would happen if no one could stop them?

Well more than likely as more and more are influenced by them others would summon their Primals and we now have a Primal war. No one wins. Eventually one Primal will stand as the victor (my money on Knights of the Round since you know 13 v 1). Ok the world now has 1 Primal influencing at will and the 1 weapon that could stop them Ultima is now running amok if the Garleans were successful in finding it. So now we either have a single Primal in control or Ultima with so much power that no one can control it.

The Ascians know about the war of Light and Dark. Now one Primal controls all or is destroying everything guess what. War over. one side wins the other loses and if I remember correctly that's the ballgame. Our world is the final decider of the war. Guess what Ascians you screwed up and everyone lost.

I am aware of the fact that Ascians have chosen a side in the Light/Dark war. This is more to the effect of how the Ascian "we don't interfere with each other" decision they made is a bad one.

If I am missing something lore wise please let me know cause most the Ascians actions make little sense to me now cause of their lack of foresight. This to me is a major error in their thinking and shows that the Ascians themselves are capable of massive errors like any other being.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Remember the WOL is not the only one that can kill primals. It's usually a very costly affair if you don't have echo blessed adventurers, but the Flames have killed Ifrit before for example. They also know that they're not opposed and that Hydalyn will take a role in things to oppose them, allowing for escalation.

If there wasn't a WOL running around the Ascians would adjust their plans.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    If the WoL wasn't around most events would have played out very differently. The acians wouldn't need to keep (indirectly) summoning more and more primals because the first few would have gotten the job done. The Flames/Maelstrom/Adders probably would have killed Ifrit/Titan/Garuda, but not without huge losses, and no one would have been able to stop Ultima (the blessing of light is literally the only reason we didn't get 1-shot by ultima.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimorian401 View Post
    I don't think they thought that thru too well. What if the WoL didn't kill them? The point was to have chaos from a being that can just will their influence on others. What would happen if no one could stop them?
    Going by previous story arcs, the Ascians would theoretically just augment the status quo somehow; manipulating either the primal's access to crystals, prayer, the unity of its summoners, or simply providing literally anyone willing to try fighting it with increased weapons capacity.

The Ascians hand out toys commensurate to balancing a battlefield; can't have any side gaining too much of an advantage. Considering the ultimate goal is to get entire civilizations throwing Calamity-level power around, I assume there are few primals they couldn't find a way to defeat, or bind and then defeat.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this the basis of the Warring Triad arc: three nigh-infinitely powered primals that would upend Elidibus's chess board, threat circumvented by pulling a kid he abducted out of cryostasis and throwing him at a sentimental sucker who embodies everything he failed to become. Of course they'd bond and work together to take this threat down for him without questioning too hard where the critical hints came from.
    (9)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola