Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    It would be a good experiment for them if they're open to making instanced housing with outdoor areas. Enter the house and you're in your personal instanced version with wall patio in back for outdoor furnishings. Exit and you're placed right back in the Enclave with other players. The only issue would be how to allow other players to visit without having to scroll through a massive directory to find a friend's specific instance (have the directory only show players on your friends list that set up their house perhaps?).
    I was thinking that too. The biggest issue I see though is we're at the end of this expansion and they're not likely to want to spend resources on lodging people in what will 'soon' be old content.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Obviously, having this as an expansion of the apartments system with some additions would be nice. However, I can also see this as something smaller, not quite akin to what was asked for, but still giving some measure of what people want: use a system like the squadron barracks + inn room.

1) Not able to be visited by others. I know this is the biggest con, because that's what people mostly want.
    2) If the enclave remains open to donations even once completed, and the vendor becomes more robust, this would be another thing keeping it "relevant". As was suggested, we could also move Kurenai here.
    3) A small room, like an inn room, with all of the standard accouterments of an inn room, and perhaps room to place ~ 25-50 items.
    4) A back garden that can hold up to 24 plants, the amount granted by a large house.
    5) The back garden can also be customisable with 5-10 items.

My theory is that they're not going to want to use this as a second apartment-style home, but I think that this would make a lot of folks I know happy. Most people who have FC rooms in our FC only want them for plants + orchestrion + amenities/vendors we don't have in our FC house. These people would be happy with their Doman enclave house and probably not want to go for an apartment or house. And it would give people who have an apartment but no way to garden that opportunity.

Just a thought; I'd be 100% fine if they went full-on with this and added what basically amounts to an apartment at the Enclave, but this solves most of the doubts I have about why that wouldn't be possible.
    (3)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 09-22-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    I was thinking that too. The biggest issue I see though is we're at the end of this expansion and they're not likely to want to spend resources on lodging people in what will 'soon' be old content.
    The thing is, Idleshire still has some use, but at the moment, it's just so far away, it's almost always a 999gil teleport fee from wherever I am. They can turn the new Doma Enclave into the new Idleshire, but for that to happen, the red/yellow scrip vendor and Kurenai will have to be moved out of Taramizu. If the Doma Enclave is as useful as Idleshire is, then I can see a need for some form of log out point, like an inn or instanced housing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Edax View Post
    The thing is, Idleshire still has some use, but at the moment, it's just so far away, it's almost always a 999gil teleport fee from wherever I am. They can turn the new Doma Enclave into the new Idleshire, but for that to happen, the red/yellow scrip vendor and Kurenai will have to be moved out of Taramizu. If the Doma Enclave is as useful as Idleshire is, then I can see a need for some form of log out point, like an inn or instanced housing.
    Part of the Enclave story was how Rowena was interested in setting up a shop there. There's always the possibility that will happen at the end of the final reconstruction phase. But are they actually planning on having Rowena set up shop there? Who knows. It shouldn't be necessary when players are going to continue to use Rhalgr's Reach due to raid proximity.

If they did, they wouldn't need to move Kurenai, nor would it make sense based on what happens in the 4.4 MSQ (don't want to mention spoilers for those who haven't done it yet). All they would have to do is add another set of vendors.

I honestly don't see them expanding the Enclave in the way people are suggesting in this thread unless they're trying to experiment with new content design for next expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    One could have the perspective that the current housing system is old content as well. If it wasn't for the aetherite crystals we would all be forced through faction capitals to access our house. I see no reason this would be any different and it might be a good way for SE to experiment on way to fix the currently broken housing system. By having an instanced housing system that allows some outdoor things like gardens and decorations but limits customization like chocobo roofs server resources should be easier to manage. Start off with the interior of a small and a lot of players should be satisfied. SE could increase available sizes with new releases as an incentive to purchase the xpac. I like the idea and wish I had thought of it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarra View Post
    Love this idea!
    I was really fond of my little farm in Pandaria in WoW, this sounds very similar and would be a great addition. It might also be a way of giving players who don't own houses access to gardens
    My little farm in WoW is still one of my favorite features in that game! It was soooo much better than the garrison, even though there were basically no customization options for it (other than making friends with people and completing certain quests/ quest chains).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That could be interesting, though personally I think I'd rather have semi custom inn rooms instead if they were to make a 'free' housing thing that everybody gets, rather than locking it behind the doman enclave quests and limited to that one location.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Omg I used the search feature of the forums, someone please give me a cookie.. lol

I was hanging out in that area and I felt that this was a great example of something SE could offer to the players, either as personal house or even a system to consider for FC.

I'd love to see large scale upgrades like that (I've always liked it, Mor Dhona was great, so were the others), I liked being part of it, and I really want to see something closer bound to myself.

I know instanced housing is probably not new concept here... hah! :P but that'd be one. Another FC large scale upgrade project and space to exist (perhaps seeing FC move into these owned zones, and the housing system left to players), or some mix.

Less ideally you could also imagine WoW Garrisons, which imo is quite better than nothing but I'd prefer a housing system lol.

Anyway, found thread - wanted to show support after sitting in there for a little while going "I like this! this could be more!". Doesn't have to explicitly be Doma Enclave but that sort of system, concept, layout, it feels like it could be further developed and enjoyed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ermitanyong Lagalag
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80

Unique doman estate wall as a reward

With a purchasable toilet and bath extra room
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    At the very least, they should be able to put Apartments just about anywhere... Honestly I feel like Revenant's Toll, Doman Enclave, Peregrine Quarter and Idyllshire could all do with Apartments... Can throw Ishgard on that pile too if for some reason those hints of an Ishgard Housing Ward in 5.0 prove false...

Apartments themselves could also do with an upgrade to make them feel a bit more homely... Similar to how a Free Company Estate has a door to purchase Private Rooms/Workshop, I figure Apartments could have a door for an instanced "outdoor" balcony. That balcony could be a bit more fitting of the area the Apartment is in, unlike the rooms themselves which are largely identical.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast