Player
    Character
    Sil Vestre
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 81

New aethernets in Doman Enclave too close to the Aetheryte

I believe that the main idea behind putting down these things is to be convenient but they aren't really convenient when they are too close to the main Aetheryte. Wouldn't it have been better to put them right in the middle of the new areas?
    (8)
    Brevity is the wit of soul.

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    They are pretty pointless, the zone, even with the expansion, is still pretty small. Least they could have done is put them IN the new parts.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    they open up the "aethernet" which lets you warp out to the one river so i'd say far from pointless
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm reminded of the aetherite in idleshire next to the Inn where Zhloe is. That was useless seeing as the entire back half of the zone wasn't used for anything.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    they open up the "aethernet" which lets you warp out to the one river so i'd say far from pointless
    i've wanted that the first day i got there via teleport.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirsten Revenant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer View Post
    I believe that the main idea behind putting down these things is to be convenient but they aren't really convenient when they are too close to the main Aetheryte. Wouldn't it have been better to put them right in the middle of the new areas?
    I agree. Improve the Aethernet positions, and please go back and remove the ability to use Mounts within the town. There's nothing like watching someone bounce around on a bear dressed up for the holiday season to snap me out of whatever immersion might have existed. It's not like Mounts are permitted in any other location with an Aethernet (except Idyllshire - and they should remove them from there too, in my opinion).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Don't care about the aethernet placements, but the warp out to southwest Yanxia is nice, considering both of Yanxia's teleports are in the northeast.

It's not like Mounts are permitted in any other location with an Aethernet (except Idyllshire - and they should remove them from there too, in my opinion).
    Forgot Rhalgr's Reach.

I like my mounts more than you like your "immersion", tbh. Yes, I've quantified it and checked.
    (3)
    Last edited by Fynlar; 09-20-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten_Rev View Post
    It's not like Mounts are permitted in any other location with an Aethernet (except Idyllshire - and they should remove them from there too, in my opinion).
    You can also use mounts in Rhalgr's Reach as well, so possibly going forward SE might do the exact same thing again in the next expac for the end-game area so I feel they are here to stay. It's better to have two forms of transportation rather than having to pick between them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kirsten Revenant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    You can also use mounts in Rhalgr's Reach as well, so possibly going forward SE might do the exact same thing again in the next expac for the end-game area so I feel they are here to stay. It's better to have two forms of transportation rather than having to pick between them.
    Fair. Still, it was something I noticed, and immediately disliked. I think it would be less of an issue for me personally if the Mount varieties weren't so absurd, but as-is, it's obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Forgot Rhalgr's Reach.

I like my mounts more than you like your "immersion", tbh. Yes, I've quantified it and checked.
    I did, and we'll agree to disagree. As stated above, I have less of an issue with Mounts as a concept, and more of an issue with the utterly ridiculous options SE has chosen to include in XIV. In the open world, it's less noticeable, because the areas are so vast you typically don't see other players using them all the time. In towns, though, it's blatantly obvious.

----------

More broadly, it would be nice if SE included user-specific toggles that permitted the best of both worlds: let people disable other people's Glamours, and let them view all mounts as standard Chocobos.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten_Rev View Post
    More broadly, it would be nice if SE included user-specific toggles that permitted the best of both worlds: let people disable other people's Glamours, and let them view all mounts as standard Chocobos.
    Two arguments against disabling glamours:

Firstly there is a lot of gear that I'd never want my character to visibly wear, and if people were able to switch off glamours then I'd be avoiding wearing them. (eg. those 'lovely' harness/subligar sets back in ARR, which are given by multiple dungeons as aetherial gear.) I started playing before they lowered the "glamour permission" level from 50 to 15, and I'd rather be deliberately undergeared than seen wearing that. Once I could use glamours, it was no longer a concern and I could make use of the gear.

Secondly, more broadly - unless people have a whole set of matching gear, they tend to look awful with glamours removed. Since they added the "apply glamour dispellers" screen (which shows your character in all their current actual gear) to the glamour plates menu, any time I tab from plate 1 to plate 10 I pass over that screen, and it invariably looks disastrous. Having everyone look like that would be far more immersion-breaking than the occasional "interesting" costume choice.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast