Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I also believe this is tied to the first / warriors of darkness, the plan to kill Elidibus probably leads to a road with unbalance tipped towards the light, with no one from the dark to keep it in check.

Also I don't know if anyone noticed but if you talk to the Khatun of the Mol when you first reach there she says there's a shadow looming over you.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    Also I don't know if anyone noticed but if you talk to the Khatun of the Mol when you first reach there she says there's a shadow looming over you.
    I actually took a screenshot of that:

Combined with what the Archbishop of Ishgard saw in his final moments, it's very intriguing. I know it was allegedly debunked in an interview...but then we need to take interview commentary with a pinch of salt as there's a habit of throwing off speculation that later turns out to be correct. Case in point, Garlemald being distanced from Ascian meddling in an interview only for 4.4 to play out as it did.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    Going to copy/paste this from my post in the Revelations thread...

I'm honestly more confused then anything else. The entire thing seems very self-contradictory.
    Maybe it's talking about what may happen if we continue to walk down that path. Eventually there's going to be a fork in the road if we stick to this plan and one of two things may/could happen: chaos erupts in Garlemald and a Calamity happens before we even get to do anything there. Or we get there, destroy the Ascians (somehow) and that somehow causes a Flood of Light (deleting Elidibus, who I dunno is even still considered an emissary at this point, is probably not a good idea).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    For all that we did learn from this patch, it certainly did do a fantastic job of raising even more questions. I suspect heavily that the apparent gradual bleed on the world's is almost certainly linked to the mysterious voice "Calling" people's souls. It was a bit suspect in its own right that the voice first interjected after Thancred's proposed plans were agreed upon, but also it was extremely suspect that the two Scions who are both probably the most versed at understanding aetherology were soul-napped almost immediately after deliberating their respective findings on the aether situation.

And while I certainly expected that there were high odds that Ascians were involved with the Garlean Empire's campaigns since Solus' inception as emperor, I NEVER expected that said emperor would be an Ascian himself. Furthermore, I had initially thought that Varis had only been working with Elidibus since his own inception as the new emperor, and was hoping to use Elidibus to further his own ambitions. This revelation turned that entirely on its head, and now it seems like Varis is only trying to maintain the status quo after having spent probably much of his life knowingly being groomed by the Ascians as a figurehead. Yet he does seem to be growing more unwilling to go along with things if his reaction towards Solus' taunting is any indication. I wonder if he could yet be made an ally after all, especially if the Ascians decide he's more trouble than he's worth and use the fact that Elidibus is piloting the crown heir's body to their advantage.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I assume this is going to become our default MYSTERY VOICE thread for the time being, so...

I've been thinking of this on and off all day after Quintalian hit me with kind of a "Duh." observation.

Ahead looms a Calamity.
    Ahead looms Light, expunging all form and life.
    Twin dooms only you can forestall. Only you.
    I kept thinking, "How can it be both?" whereas more likely the point is prevent both separately; do not let either happen.

Who wants that other than Hydaelyn and mankind? It does sound like Arbert. It does sound like something Arbert would say. But [A] it doesn't sound like Arbert in every language of the game, and [B] the rest doesn't sound like anything Arbert would say.

Those points, of course, are what led me to consider that maybe it could be Zodiark. Nothing but Hydaelyn has ever yanked our soul out of our body to have a quick chat in the aetherial sea, and if I had to imagine what it looks like where He is... <gestures broadly>.

Then, of course there was Nabriales. Pay attention to what he shouts at you throughout the fight. I'm going by all four languages here, so it's not going to quite be what you see in English. (Aside: Only in English he speaks of lower-case darkness and the void; is this a localization error?) First, he summons the powers of Darkness from the Abyss to pervade his being and grant him strength; an all-powerful force whose hunger consumes all. But the most important part is when he commands, "in Zodiark's name" for time to slow. "Let expanse contract, eon become instant..."

But if this is Zodiark, I can see why He would advocate for balance. He's certainly having His emissary do the same. And I can see why He'd advocate against a Flood. Nobody wants a Flood. But why would He advocate for preventing a Calamity...? And why would Zodiark, of all "people", say that "only [the Warrior of Light]" could walk this tightrope? That's literally Elidibus's job.

Is it just deception all the way down? That assumption is no place to begin analysis.
    (10)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 09-20-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I actually took a screenshot of that:

Combined with what the Archbishop of Ishgard saw in his final moments, it's very intriguing. I know it was allegedly debunked in an interview...but then we need to take interview commentary with a pinch of salt as there's a habit of throwing off speculation that later turns out to be correct. Case in point, Garlemald being distanced from Ascian meddling in an interview only for 4.4 to play out as it did.
    If we had that shadow since Heavensward then Temulun should have seen it ever since we first met her, so its probably unconnected. Probably.

Still have my hat thrown in the ring for "Zodiark turned over a new leaf" when it comes to the voice. Given that Hydaelyn can rarely talk to us it wouldn't surprise me if Zodiark has the same limitations if not more so with the Ascians. Could even be that the whole soul stealing thing comes about from trying to contact us but not being in a good enough condition to do so safely, something Hydaelyn is less likely to risk.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Now what would be a really weird take is if Zodiark (and probably Elidibus) have a different agenda then the other Ascians do. As in, Zodiark has finally gotten to the part that he doesn't care anymore about the Hydaelyn situation (or isn't bothered by it). However, all the other Ascians still want him to come back and a Rejoining to happen. However, they're not listening to him (or don't want to listen) and another calamity (or flood) is about to happen. So he's finally desperate enough to talk to Hydaelyn's champion about fixing it. Only, he doesn't have a lot of practice talking to light-aligned individuals and botches the attempt.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    Now what would be a really weird take is if Zodiark (and probably Elidibus) have a different agenda then the other Ascians do
    Regardless of whether your expanded context turns out to be true, I assume this is true. I have little doubt that Zodiark assigned his Emissary different missions than his acolytes. It's just ... how different? And is everyone still performing in the same capacity they were whatever thousand years ago when the First Umbral Era hit?

I'm starting to see a good deal of speculation that (for any number of a dozens reasons) His agents are acting against His will. I don't know what to believe, but I already went all in on #TeamHydaelyn so I'm going to ride this train until it crashes if for nothing but PRINCIPLE.

As such, I am honor bound to give Hydaelyn (and by extension Midgardsormr et al.) the benefit of the doubt and assume that the Ascians are bad news, Elidibus is a snake, and if anything doesn't line up, someone is a liar. I will continue to explore all logical avenues and consider all possibilities; like I said, if I was ever tempted to doubt, we're getting there. Something isn't right and I'd prefer to find all the options for exploring why. However, faith in the Mothercrystal is just the road the Spinner has fated me to walk.

What then does that mean if the voice is indeed Zodiark? That he's trying to Anakin Skywalker me, that's what. Palpatine's getting ready to make his big move. The Separatists Ascians are gonna lose the war He had them start, He's gonna (attempt to) throw Count Dooku Elidibus to the wolves, and He's taking everything for Himself as He goes home to the senate Mother Hydaelyn and uses his supremacy to burn Her down. NOT TODAY, SATAN!

Er...

Sorry, what was I saying?
    (10)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 09-20-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I know what you AREN'T saying, and this is...who is our Chewbacca?

In all honesty currently I think even Elidibus is no longer working towards the same goals as Zodiark anymore. He THINKS he is, but the reality of the situation has changed possibly. Atleast thats what I'm running with in my head.

The only Ascian that for sure was out for themselves was Lahabrea, and he dead so thats good for everyone. Outside of that we don't enough of the rest to know where they stand on the whole Zodiark thing.

Also go #TeamHydaelyn, she probably isn't always right but damnit she's trying to be a good MomCrystal!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    ----
    Though there has been one question on my mind for a very long time since the game began, " are the Ascians actually following the will of Zodiark or are they simply assuming that they are following his will by causing Calamities so he can return?"

For this entire storyline, no Ascian has actually heard the voice of Zodiark nor actually spoken to him. They have been acting alone under the belief they are following Zodiark's will but what if this entire time they have been unknowningly going against Zodiark's True Will to preserve Balance because they have been blindly causing events that will create a Calamity born from the complete destruction of the Balance (which I assume already happened in the Future because of what the WoL and Scions did in the original timeline).

The Ascians are basically a cult, a powerful one that has great influence in history, but still a cult that is follow a belief that they are following Zodiark's will. However, their dedication maybe blinding them to the truth and actually been causing events that Zodiark never wanted to happen.

Heck, for all we know Zodiark may have willingly sealed himself away and he may be a Good God this entire time but the Ascian's cult mentality and blind worshipping made them act in these ways while using Zodiark's name to justify their actions.

For Seven Hells, how do we know if there are not TWO Zodiarks, with one being the Real Zodiark (the Voice) and a Primal Fake Zodiark being the one that the Ascians worship born from a event long ago that has been completely erased from history.
    (10)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 09-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast