Player
    Character
    J'majha Devo
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    And you answered your own question. If you like the item enough to use as a glamour, then why would you put it on a mannequin?
    Why would I put items I don't like on my mannequin to show off?

I like it enough to wear it. I like it enough to make it a part of my home. I don't see how that can possibly conflict, or why I shouldn't want both.

And this is FFXIV for crying out loud. Is this your first time going through a major patch? If you expect things to be perfect on release day... ouch! What you can expect is at least two emergency maintenances between now and this time next week.
    I suppose I'm just becoming increasingly frustrated with their capacity for it.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyt View Post
    So is it just on my end that I can just remove the equipment from my retainers sell list and the mannequins stay decorated?
    I just tested this, and it does work. Which increases my opinion of it immensely, even if it's through what amounts to a bug of sorts
    (2)
    Last edited by JohnnyDevo; 09-19-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The simple fact that I cant put glamoured gear on the mannequins makes the whole system a bust for me..... I understand not being able to sell glamoured items, but for just display I see no reason why this isn't a thing.
    (7)
    Last edited by Ayer2015; 09-19-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Ah. Well that settles that part of the matter then. Perhaps in a future patch that will get changed. My point remains the same though. Still having access to your glamours is not the intention of the mannequins. There is glamour dresser and the old glamour system for those purposes.
    One may want to equip their mannequins to look like moogles for example, contributing to the theme of their house. The whole system is based on aesthetics and sale of items, not storage.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDevo View Post
    Why would I put items I don't like on my mannequin to show off?
    Again, you answered this yourself already. You don't want to show off glamours you don't want to lose access to. I get your frustration. For something like a cash shop or event item, you might want to display it on a mannequin but also still have it available to use as a glamour, but this is not the intention with the function of mannequins. At least for right now, mannequins were not designed to complement our current glamour systems, nor increase space.

Almost always with the implementation of a new feature, it comes with restrictions. Oversight is also common, and the devs totally derp on something player feedback brings to light. That being said, I don't want you to think I am bashing you or anything like that. It is a good thing that you express your frustration with mannequins, as any voice can be heard by the devs. However, I also felt compelled to attempt to enlighten you on misplaced frustrations.

I know it is optional to read patch notes, but I cannot express enough how important it is to do so, especially if you want to vent about a new feature right after servers go back up. If you gripe about something that is clearly in the notes, you are not going to garner a whole lot of sympathy, and might even invite abrasive opposition.

In short, instead of venting, I would actually come on the boards with suggestions on how to improve mannequins. Negativity speaks the loudest, but positivity is what is heard most.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Kitt Cat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    My only annoyance is that the game treats them like an npc and they have a name over them. Npc's are literally the only thing outside of dungeons and friends where I leave the tag on. Looking forward to using different models in future updates as I hate the hair on the male miqote one. They've been great for giving a purpose to those male cash shop glamours I have that I cant wear anymore.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    X'lota Qi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Mannequins are not intended to increase armory space. Let's just get that in the clear right now so anyone else with expectation can see the intention.
    Fine but it shouldn't take up market board space if it's just for display. I would prefer to still have the items in armory or other inventory and just have the style glamoured.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyt View Post
    So is it just on my end that I can just remove the equipment from my retainers sell list and the mannequins stay decorated?
    I’d meant the other way around (put in dresser, save to plate for glamouring, remove item to equip on mannequin) but if it actually works to save gear to the mannequin and remove the item, that’s even better.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'm not going to bother with them until they add Hyur shaped mannequins.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I agree that the implementation is... not ideal.

First, only Miqo'te mannequins really stings as a non-Miqo'te player. It makes very little sense to display my personal collection on a mannequin that is not my own race or size.

Second, I feel like mannequins should have been dress up dolls first, and extension of the market board second. It would have felt more natural (to me, at least) if system would have been designed around showcasing gear. The possibility to then sell any showcased gear would have been a natural evolution for a patch or two later.

I don't particularly mind having to use the original item. The gear I wanted to display is mostly old Artifact Armour and some other sets that I have worn for a long time. Things that I have moved on from but that have nostalgic value. But until they release an Elezen mannequin, I won't touch the feature.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kirsten Revenant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I haven't gotten into Mannequins yet, but like with most features, I'm anticipating a lot of issues on release, with the problems being ironed out in about a year (if at all). Sadly, it seems par for the course for SE.

I will say, though, that I wish SE would put more time into play-testing their content and features. It feels like a lot of the stuff they build - the Minion / Mount Favourites and the Mannequins jump out from 4.4 - gets tasked out from a storyboard, developed, tested for bugs, and then released. It really doesn't seem like there's a QA phase that asks whether or not something is fun, and whether or not something is robust enough for the public. It didn't take me but five minutes to be disappointed with the Minion / Mount Favourites, for example: I opened the lists, I set my Favourites, I looked for the button to call them via a Roulette and... whoops! Such a button does not exist! Straight to disappointment, because without that function, the system is useless to me. And that's a bummer, because I think it's a great idea, and will probably be a great addition in six months - but my first impression is a bad one because SE didn't bother to ensure even a modest level of baseline functionality.

Obviously this sort of scenario exists for bigger game systems, too. Glamours are a glaring example, and Housing, and Eureka / Diadem: In each case, it seems like SE forgot to assess whether or not something would be fun and easy to use. So we get a Glamour system that still, years later, is cumbersome at best (with a mind-blowingly bad initial version); a Housing system that does not enable everyone to buy a house; a Relic journey that is giving people carpal tunnel and single-handedly boosting Netflix subscriptions. It's a shame. Things need to work better out of the box.
    (10)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast