Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I have read somewhere on reddit that if you put something on the mannequin in a FC house and someone else can remove housing items, that they can remove the mannequin and your gear will be gone. Not 100% sure if that is correct but it would be quite bad if that is the case. Also sad to see that such a system is again not even complete and will need rework in the next patches. Cant we have a system that is just done when its released? Also why did we even need all the "sell it on MB" features anyway? As far as I can remember, people just wanted them to show of gear and glamour. Nothing more, nothing less.

SE dont try to invent the wheels again and again.
    (7)
    Last edited by Alleo; 09-19-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Devon Ellwood
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    This thread has been an enlightening and frustrating read. I await the day I can have a mannequin skin on house npcs.
    (1)
    Fishsteaks were made

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    I have read somewhere on reddit that if you put something on the mannequin in a FC house and someone else can remove housing items, that they can remove the mannequin and your gear will be gone. Not 100% sure if that is correct but it would be quite bad if that is the case.
    Just did some further testing on this. Since the gear you connect with the mannequin takes up a sale slot on the chosen retainer, even when someone takes the mannequin you can access your retainer and retrieve the items from the sell menu (even display only items). In addition, if you put the mannequin in storage it retains all the info when placed back down including the gear. If you accidentally put it in your own bags it will reset the visual choices for the mannequin, but if you choose the same retainer when placing it down, it will still have all the gear associated with it but you will need to apply the gear again before the mannequin appears to be wearing it. If it was set to female and wearing gender locked gear, you will need to remove all the items before it will let you switch it from male to female mannequin. It must also be the exact same mannequin for that to work. If someone else picks it up and you get it back from them, placing it down again works the same way as you having put it in your bags.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Just did some further testing on this. Since the gear you connect with the mannequin takes up a sale slot on the chosen retainer, even when someone takes the mannequin you can access your retainer and retrieve the items from the sell menu (even display only items).
    Good to know.

Still I wonder what will happen with it if they change this and give us the possibility to just only show them off instead of selling them. Would they think about this or will we truly lose our items then. Hopefully they will look at this and change this for that change because otherwise that would be quite bad.
    (0)

Player

If you display items on a mannequin, then select the retainer and "Sell From Inventory, you can remove the items from your retainer, and keep them displayed.

Think it's a bug, but it works for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirinwe Helcelwen
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    So it seems that retainers and adventurer squadrons are better at being mannequins than the actual mannequins. How disappointing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Good to know.

Still I wonder what will happen with it if they change this and give us the possibility to just only show them off instead of selling them. Would they think about this or will we truly lose our items then. Hopefully they will look at this and change this for that change because otherwise that would be quite bad.
    Maybe they'll just adjust it so only the for sale items adjust the sell limit on the retainer, but everything still shows up as it does now?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daniel Whatley
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    They shouldn’t have linked the mannequin to a retainer at all. They should of just made it like the mannequins in FFXI where they just show off the gear that you put on it. If they wanted to have retainers selling things inside the houses, they should of just did a version of the Expansion of Duties Permit, but for inside the house.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Nobody visits your house unless you ask. I am not messing with mannequins, waste of time and too complicated.
    (1)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_89th View Post
    First, only Miqo'te mannequins really stings as a non-Miqo'te player. It makes very little sense to display my personal collection on a mannequin that is not my own race or size.
    It becomes very obvious who the favored race is when they start with that one and will add others later. I always wondered why so much of the new glam gear looks wonky on elezen but so cute on miqos.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast