Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kuro Lunius
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Something definitely broke this patch. At first I thought my gpu was failing until I came to see if people were having similar problems. For the most part I crash every where. Instances, City-States, and Housing districts.

Tried many things already. Firewall permissions. Clean wipe and reinstalling graphic drivers and old stable versions. Disabling all overlays. Compatibility mode. Clean boot. Check SSD/HHD for errors. Stress testing system for gpu failure. If someone wants to try and reinstall their Windows don't do it. Already tested that out and the game still crashes.

This needs to be escalated.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caiko Kitteh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The only thing that worked for me was running IE in win 7 capatability mode.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Did a full reinstall and local file wipe I'm still having problems teleporting into Ala Mhigo. While I can play on my other characters fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarina Kitoriel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    This is pretty disheartening, as this is the first week to a raid tier, with new tomestones, and now those that have this issue will be behind and off the regular amounts as well. I understand it is now the weekend, and that's life, but hopefully this is being looked into.

I do believe it is related to some NPC's of some type, friendly or not, and that causes a crash, but as to why , I do not know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rex Stryker
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Yep. I missed out on early prog, early MB rush for the new crafts, and more than likely going to miss out on capping tomes before reset as well. Highly disappointed
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rinia Strauss
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I've also found out that going to character creation causes the issue as well. This is only solidifying my guess that it has something to do with loading NPCs/models/etc. Especially sucks since this means I can't fantasia. :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Lunius
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Closed even though the same person said it didn't work in the end.

I feel like I might not even get any solutions to this problem after digging up old threads with my particular problem. I see a lot of these closed threads just because the OP did not respond back. Probably quit I would too. To be honest I don't know understand why something like suggesting a player to go back to Direct9x is even a solution. If you release the game in Direct11x and its broken. Fix it? This needs to be escalated to the Dev Team and not sweep under the rug already.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rinia Strauss
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Happening consistently in Syrcus Tower for me as well, now. Every time the purple gate goes up, it seems. Hasn't happened in any other instance, however.

It would be really nice if mods would actually respond with something other than a canned answer with a list of fixes that haven't worked for a single person so far. It's getting really frustrating that I can't even play a game or use a fantasia that I spent real money on because of an issue outside of my control.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aresyne Skye'tiera
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    GM seems to be ignoring this thread now.
    (0)

Thank you for the updates everyone. I apologize that I haven't been able to respond, we aren't able to provide support over the weekend so we are catching up as of right now.

I want to explain that the suggestions given in my previous post have been successful in resolving this (or similar) issue. So I'm not just suggesting those for the sake of suggesting them. I don't want to skip over something that seems too simple that may actually be the solution. We can't replicate the error here, so we will have to rely on your feedback and results.

As there are many of you with slightly different error messages and circumstances, I'll try to get to you individually (but feel free to try any troubleshooting suggestions). I apologize if I can't get to you directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    I have done everything you have suggested, some multiple times over in the sense of reinstalling my graphics card drivers and FFXIV four times yesterday, as well as the compatibility mode. For me, it only ever happens when I try to enter Alphascape. And running the game on Dx9 works for everything, but for my machine running it in Dx11 makes it run smoother if that makes sense. It is only on Dx11, it makes me crash in Alphascape stilll.

It was only using the: for %d in (*.dll) do regsvr32 -s %d : in the command prompt that enabled me to run the rest of the game on Dx11 without crashing, but the raids continously cause it. It should be stated however that now I don't even get an error message, I just get a black screen and FFXIV entirely closes itself and all of its processes.
    Can you elaborate on what you added into the command prompt? Additionally, can you provide a system report? I'd like to see if there are any similarities in graphics cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky3zdalimit View Post
    To be honest I don't know understand why something like suggesting a player to go back to Direct9x is even a solution. If you release the game in Direct11x and its broken. Fix it? This needs to be escalated to the Dev Team and not sweep under the rug already.
    DirectX 11 mode isn't broken. It was added post-launch and DirectX 9 was kept to have a wider range of compatibility to accommodate different configurations, hardware and settings. Some people may have difficulty utilizing the DirectX 11 mode, so we suggest using DirectX 9 mode in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by BoazJochin View Post
    The only thing that worked for me was running IE in win 7 capatability mode.
    To clarify, you set Internet Explorer to Windows 7 Compatibility mode? Have you run into any issues since you posted this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarina_Kit View Post
    Having the same issue here.
    Interestingly enough, it does seem to be area dependent, though I'm not sure what specifically.

Clean areas:
    - Fc house in Shirogane ( Raiding FC with recent clears and gear if that helps
    - Rhalgars Reach
    - The Shroud ( and newbie town) [ Tried to log into alt, and had no issues. Only happens with main]

Bad areas: Yanxia, Mor Dhona, MSQ related stuff?

Errors:
    DX11 -> https://puu.sh/ByrDf/6690ab7ea4.png

DX9 -> https://puu.sh/ByrFi/d257f384b2.png

This is the second clean installation,
    all overlays disabled,
    my documents folder completely clean,
    video drivers have been reinstalled and made sure they are updated to the most recent.

EDIT: The game no longer gives the error message; only an instant crash
    As a test, can you try lowering the graphics settings and entering one of the bad areas? Additionally, try running the game in borderless fullscreen or windowed if you normally use Fullscreen. If it's area dependent, it might be tied to a graphical setting that is prominent in that area. However, I'm not entirely sure.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast