Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72

Do any of the races/clans have their own events or holidays?

I never got the Lore book to see if this was in there...but it certainly would breathe some more life into the races/clans if each one had certain events, holidays or cultural things that they do - apart from the nameday.
    (3)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Well, there is the Nardam of the Au Ra in the Azim Step.

And a lot of the holidays that we're all celebrating together now have their lore-origin in some city-state or are associated with a certain race.

The Valentines Day Event has its origin in Ishgard, so does the christmas-event (if I recall correctly?).
    The Little Ladies Day was (and still is) celebrated in Ul'dah and tied to the sultanat.
    New Years is tied to the far east.

...I dont really recall reading about any special holidays, events or customs like that in the lore book though. Each race basically gets two pages to give a little insight into naming conventions and general sociel structure and the like, but they dont mention any specific celebrations.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The Heavensturn (New Year) event dialogue hints at an Eorzean custom we don't even get to see because we're too busy with our Doman cultural exchange experience, or something.

Journal entry for "A Horse for Heavensturn"
    Damaris informs you that Heavensturn celebrates the changing of the guard among the Twelve─as if any Eorzean of your age would not know such a thing!
    From "A Horse for Heavensturn"
    "You would know more about Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre? An adventurer with some culture, I see! This, my dear woman, is where we celebrate Heavensturn.
    All is change in this world, and not even the influence of the Twelve remains constant. Who will wax to gain the ascendant position over the other eleven? We shall learn the answer at Heavensturn.
    Surely, a rolling stone such as yourself understands the import of this occasion?"
    Journal entry for "Lions for Lambs" (year of the sheep)
    The lights are lit in Limsa Lominsa in celebration of the turning of the year, and the changing of the heavenly guard.
    From "Lions for Lambs"
    "What a resplendent spectacle ─ 'tis as if the stars themselves have descended from the heavens to toast the occasion! ...Erm, I mean ─ pretty, ain't they, these 'Eavensturn decorations? Nothin' like a lantern show to usher in the new year!
    And it ain't just a new year we're usherin' in, neither ─ it's all change up in the 'eavens and all. Every 'Eavensturn, the Twelve pick out which one of 'em'll be takin' the reins for the comin' year.
    Your astrologians have divined─ I mean...I've 'eard mutterin's it's to be Menphina this year ─ the goddess o' love. An 'ole year o' peace, love, and understandin' 'twixt kinsmen and sweethearts alike... Ain't it a grand time to be alive!?"
    The next two years only talk about bringing the Eastern custom of Heavensturn to Eorzea, before the Dog festival mentioned it again.

From "More Bark and Mochi Bite" (year of the dog)
    "I am the inu bugyo, and I lead a Far Eastern delegation on a mission to foster the bonds of friendship with the people of Eorzea. This we seek to do by sharing the joys of our Heavensturn custom to you and yours.
    Though the tradition exists in both our lands, there are some differences in how we celebrate a new turn of the seasons. Most notably, while the people of Eorzea choose a deity to be first among the Twelve, we in the Far East grant that honor to a beast."
    So it sounds like there's something interesting going on that doesn't get seen in-game at all. Though having to work out which of the Twelve is celebrated this year sounds like a complex business compared to following a simple calendar!
    (4)
    Last edited by Iscah; 09-20-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Miqo'te have something called "The Yiffing".

You don't want to know.

And yes, I'm joking.
    (0)