Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    I find it hard to believe there aren't any groups out there willing to give you a shot.
    Oh no, I agree, I'm embellishing a bit, but even still, the attempts I have made have come to failure thus far, which tends to bring one down. I also hesitate to start my own static, because I freely admit, I have no idea how to do or manage a static raid party. It would be unfair for me to advertise looking for people, and then lead them poorly. I mean, worse come to worse, I will have to try, and only take people that fully understand that I'm regrettably new to this. For now, I guess I just grind my ass off for relevant gear, then worry about the rest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    RuleofThree, I just bite the bullet and get the next best gear from hunt tomes. I am 370 IL and just deal with being a little under max gear with none of the BS from dealing with savage people. If you insist on doing savage then you will have to put up with the stress of pugs unless you are lucky enough to have the static, almost unheard of, dependable group to play with. I keep busy with hunt link shell activities (our server has some nice hunt shells btw) and lorebook level mining/bot which brings in a steady flow of gil. My crafters are all leveled and well geared, I keep up with red/yellow collectable items and have an awesome medium house I like adding deco to. I try and choose my battles wisely in MMOs and high level raiding is just one I choose to avoid. I even completed the hell that is Pagos in one week and got my relic 370 bow *shudder*. To each their own
    (0)
    Last edited by Besame; 09-18-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    I try and choose my battles wisely in MMOs and high level raiding is just one I choose to avoid.
    Yea, but I can't let the ones that gteat the game like it is some job prevent me from content I want to experience, can I? Sure, it is a bit about the gear, I'd like to wear it and say I earned it...but it's also about experiencing the so called 'hardest of the hard.' I'm sure it will be stressful, but I want to see just how stressful it is for myself, and make a decision from there, rather than sit here and wonder. Though in truth, just finding a static is harder than I thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Van Arn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleofThree View Post
    Yea, but I can't let the ones that gteat the game like it is some job prevent me from content I want to experience, can I? Sure, it is a bit about the gear, I'd like to wear it and say I earned it...but it's also about experiencing the so called 'hardest of the hard.' I'm sure it will be stressful, but I want to see just how stressful it is for myself, and make a decision from there, rather than sit here and wonder. Though in truth, just finding a static is harder than I thought.
    Ultimately, if there's an 8 person requirement and 7 other people treat the content like it's some sort of job, then you don't experience that content unless you also treat it like a job.

You have to drink the kool-aid or you just wait in party finder for learning parties with the rest of us. That's how this works.
    (0)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by van_arn View Post
    Ultimately, if there's an 8 person requirement and 7 other people treat the content like it's some sort of job, then you don't experience that content unless you also treat it like a job.
    Well, yea, obviously. A static s going to consist of 8 like minded individuals. If that group of 7 that lives and dies by a dps tracker, and puts you through a series of exams to see if you can put out 3,000dps or whatever. And either A) hire you on because you passed, but during a few raids you were a 100dps under mark, so they kick you. Or B) don't pass at all...then the 8th person better have the 'job like' mentality of the other 7, or he is going to hate the experience. However a same set of 7 that is open to mistakes, don't live and die by the numbers, and is willing just to have a good time an try their best, and the stress isn't nearly as overbearing.

I get that there is a level of efficiency involved, and that there needs to be some threshold to weed out the people that just bring you down too much, but turning it in to a fortune 500 job-interview and a paramilitary organization? Surely not every group does this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Well, yea, obviously. A static s going to consist of 8 like minded individuals. If that group of 7 that lives and dies by a dps tracker, and puts you through a series of exams to see if you can put out 3,000dps or whatever. And either A) hire you on because you passed, but during a few raids you were a 100dps under mark, so they kick you. Or B) don't pass at all...then the 8th person better have the 'job like' mentality of the other 7, or he is going to hate the experience. However a same set of 7 that is open to mistakes, don't live and die by the numbers, and is willing just to have a good time an try their best, and the stress isn't nearly as overbearing.

I get that there is a level of efficiency involved, and that there needs to be some threshold to weed out the people that just bring you down too much, but turning it in to a fortune 500 job-interview and a paramilitary organization? Surely not every group does this.
    Raid meters not needed if the bosses are dying, people are getting healed, the group is in synch and the tanks are controlling boss/adds. Meters add stress and are distracting so why screw up a good thing if your group is working well together.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Van Arn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

That's just how statics work, you abide by their rules or you're voted off the island.

It doesn't seem like you want to do the static thing at all, honestly. Just stick with PF and make friends on your datacenter. Over time, you might come across a static that you'll be able to slip into, rather than go through the full-on interview process.

A static willing to interview means they don't have contacts outside of their static willing to help them out, and someone applying for a static means they don't have contacts willing to take them in. There's a culture of doubt on both sides, and with this community of autoattacking dragoons it's not unfounded.

Having 70 on everything doesn't matter. Being good with a single class -- and more important, being known for it by people you'd want to run with -- matters more than all of those 70s combined. If you don't have that now, then work at making it happen.

ps- look into Lighthouse and extreme primals.
    (0)
    Last edited by van_arn; 09-25-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dingding Ding
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    First why not start your own party or static? Your group your rules. Join others' group follow their rule, it's that simple.
    And you want to find people to do contents that are 2 patches (7 months) older while the new content just arrive? You'd better start your own party. It's common sense that people want to do CURRENT/new content.

You overstate the dps requirement or treat raid as job part in a static. People just want to play with others whos at the same or close to level as they are (gear/skill/play time/goal). Ask yourself could 8 copies of you clear the content? If the answer is yes you will find/create a static for it while it's Relevant. You only want to do it while it's out dated? Go back to point 1.

Suggestion? Do the current content now you don't have to follow the delta --> sigma --> alpha order.
    (0)
    Last edited by ImDingDing; 09-26-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can start your own groups with its own requirements. If you leave it up to others and are looking to get into groups without being the leader, you have to respect that Joe Soap might tack on his own requirements. It's not always fun (especially when you are experienced enough to know what is really needed vs a particular content type and if a PF group leader is over-reaching - which always gives me the notion that they are either a) impatient or b) looking for a carry - even thought I know that isn't 'always' the case) but having said all that, it's their group, thus their rules.

I've never been a huge savage player - more than happy to play the casual route and then use the patch wait-times as a break while I play other games, but there are times where I do want to get stuck in. As such, I had adapted to Alphascape 1 & 2 savage but did it too late to progress further as a new patch released the new content. To get the achievements, I joined guild-mates who already had it on farm - they made groups informing people that they wanted to clear it for a friend (me) and left me as the only inexperienced one in the team. Still, they could have choosen to take more people with the achievement or recruit people without it, provided they met basic ilevel requirements. Depending on how you go about it, you may have to worry about one person, or more. Again, freedom of PF. Either way, getting those completions amongst friends was a nice way of bypassing initial pressures and to gain more data for when I was going to dive into them alone. At the end of the day, experience is key. Get it whenever you can, even if it doesn't involve completion. Some people will accept those who have seen encounters to enrage but haven't actually gotten it down officially.

Lastly, it sounds like you are spread way too thin. I'm happy to have at least one main character for each role, but even just trying to keep more than one class 100% optimal is a tall order. As such, you really should pick the one you enjoy the most and give that your main focus. This doesn't have to entirely neglect the others as you'll still gain gear gradually for non-primary class, but if you (as someone who has levelled all classes to max) try to give equal attention to ALL of them, you will hinder your ability to do savage due to having no real mains to speak of.

I main WHM. I have Warrior and Paladin at max but if I'm going to tank, I stick to one of the two. I have various DPS at max but it is my least played role, thus I don't give any of them any preferential treatment unless I randomly decide for a full-time role switch (which will be never. Healing is my thing). This means I have a main for "srs bsns", I have alternatives that can remain close to the main if class/role is in question, and have experience elsewhere even if I don't wish to play them in the content type.
    (0)
    Last edited by RopeDrink; 10-01-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    It doesn't seem like you want to do the static thing at all, honestly.
    I do...I just don't like the incredibly strict guidelines you have to make in order to be apart of a static. I like to enjoy my savage runs while stressing out over learning the content and being good at it. I don't like stressing out if some third party program is clocking me at proper dps. Don't get me wrong, if people don't cut it after a while, of course they have to go. I just don't like how quick the judgement that you are bad, comes. But such is life, isn't it? Either join the rat race, or sit on the sides.

Having 70 on everything doesn't matter. Being good with a single class
    Of course it doesn't. It did matter in terms of setting the notion of just how utterly bored I am with this game outside of savage content. I think I stated in a previous post how I can't stand dps roles, and hate gathering and crafting even more. The fact that I have them to 70 out of nothing better to do, just paints a picture of how there is nothing to do. For context...I'm currently sitting in a 157 minute queue for Void Ark, Weeping city, or Dun Scaith...all because I think I might like the black mage glamour...I'm not even sure yet..I just think.

Quote Originally Posted by ImDingDing View Post
    Suggestion? Do the current content now you don't have to follow the delta --> sigma --> alpha order.
    I mean, I do? Trying to find people to still do Alexander Savage. hahaha. Yea, I don't have time for that, despite the mention of a 157 minute queue above. I mean, over two hours is long for 3.0 24-man content...but I am also staring at a person that wants to do Cuff of the Father (savage) for glam in Party Finder, and he is the only person in the party...for the past 2 and a half hours. So....

I mean...maybe he got a party together and it fell apart after a few runs? I haven't been watching it like a hawk...but...haha

First why not start your own party or static? Your group your rules. Join others' group follow their rule, it's that simple.
    Because it seems incredibly unfair and rude for someone who has no experience in the savage raid lifestyle (me) to try to start a static as though he does. Seems like it's an utter waste of seven people's time, and will further tarnish my reputation as 'the guy you don't run savages' with.

...I forgot this thread existed.

Edit: Queue popped at 165. *shades*
    (0)
    Last edited by RuleofThree; 10-02-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast