Character
    T'anuo Leedra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Triple Triad Quality of Life Suggestion

Hey all,

So this may be just a personal grievance, but when I play Triple Triad I find myself zoned out and extremely used to being the blue side. From FF8, to any npc duel in FF14, you are always on the blue side.

So... it always throws me off big time when I play against other players in say a tournament and end up on red side. It just makes something in my brain go KAPUT! Now, given enough time to drill through my head I can still play just fine on red side but when the 30 second turn timer is egging me on to make a decision I sometimes make a mistake. I'll try to capture red cards, and then face palm as I remember "oh yeah, I'M red...".

So my suggestion, why not make it so that to the person playing, they always appear to be blue? Regardless of who goes first, or second, I feel it would make things (albeit subtly) go much smoother if you're always blue and your opponent always appears red. This could be pulled off by just swapping the colors between the two players, so that I at my compy am blue, and that joe-miqote on his ps4, to him, also is blue and I appear red to him. Just a simple quality of life adjustment to avoid all uncomfortable confusion.

Thoughts? Am I the only one who has had this problem?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    William Kaplan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Oh gods yes please. This is extremely painful in certain tournaments when both hands are revealed and YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME CARDS
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Yeah, I'm also very prone to making mistakes when I'm red. This suggestion of yours is simple and would work well to resolve such mistakes. ^^
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Razzie Dazzie
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I don't have a problem with the current system but the qol suggestion is sound and reasonable so I see no issues with it if it were to be implemented.

Godspeed.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    A parser in itself is not toxic because it just shows facts and facts are never toxic.
    Toxicity occours when facts get handled between people and how the facts get formed and transfered.

So the solution would be to shut down the game and exterminate humanity to prevent toxicity.

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    How would it work with who goes first? I think that the who's going first part is tied into who's red and who's blue so they would have to somehow change that to where it still made sense to each player that if it shows 3 blue cards it's actually them going 1st and not the other person.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirsten Revenant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    How would it work with who goes first? I think that the who's going first part is tied into who's red and who's blue so they would have to somehow change that to where it still made sense to each player that if it shows 3 blue cards it's actually them going 1st and not the other person.
    You'd just reverse it, still.

So, for example, say Player A is 'blue' and Player B is 'red' under the current system. One blue card is revealed, and two red ones, meaning Player B should go first. What Player A would see is, as normal, one blue card, and two red cards. Player B would see the same, but with colors reversed, as in the example: two blue cards and one red card, with themselves being blue. Ergo they go first.

I'd also be wholeheartedly for this change. This issue, and the fact that I am completely locked out of any menu of any form for no earthly reason while playing, are really my only two QoL gripes with the mechanics of how TT works (though I would like to see alterations to the game itself down the road to permit the realistic usage of four-star cards alongside five-star).
    (7)

Player
    Character
    T'anuo Leedra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had a problem with this sort of thing. Like, it's such a minor thing but when you do space out and lose a game because of it it's SOOOO frustrating! ^_^
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kirsten Revenant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by T-of-the-Triad View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had a problem with this sort of thing. Like, it's such a minor thing but when you do space out and lose a game because of it it's SOOOO frustrating! ^_^
    It is indeed, but 'tis the nature of QoL adjustments: they're greater than the sum of their parts. Having a lot of small things work just right makes a big difference =)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krokov Reynall
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I wouldn't mind being red at times just to keep me focused as it were on okay this is my side now so I need to look at those cards & not the other cards
    (0)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I think it would be far cooler if there was an intensive for challenging people in 'public' areas within the game that allow you to walk up and challenge people. Like the bars/restaurants/hotels in the cities, or in the gold saucer in general. Duty Finder is fine an all, but the whole feel of walking up to your opponent, and issuing a challenge is a rarely felt sense of fun.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast