Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Sam and red mage both start at 50. The jobs that came out with Heavensward all start at 30. You can always take your sam into the lower level dungeons to get used to it. It's what I did, but I also used my squadron. Only the jobs that start out as a class start at level 1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asuna Sekinetsu
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    The "road to level 60" buff that's applied is too OP, it doesn't help you get through the MSQ content any faster, it just completely throws your character out of sync with the gear/rewards you get from the MSQ stuff, I think I completed the Seventh Umbral Era quests (Main ARR Story) and clocked out at around lv.55, what I didn't realise it that i'd have to play through all the patch quests added after that up till Heavensward.... I ended up purchasing the jump potion to start HW which I then ended at around lv.64, so 4 levels higher than intended, again I really couldn't be bothered to play the patch quests, so went straight into Stormblood, which towards the end it synced back up with my character level & MSQ level requirements, I hit lv.70 at the lv.69 MSQ line quests, then went off to do my lv.70 SAM Job quest before carrying on with the MSQ, i'm about to do the last MSQ quest later, think it's taken me around 130 hours of game time from scratch to get there, probably could add another 30 hours on top if i'd had to do the added patch content.

It just sucks that to get into the HW & SB content you either have to grind through all the added patch content or pay for the jump potions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSekinetsu View Post

It just sucks that to get into the HW & SB content you either have to grind through all the added patch content or pay for the jump potions.
    What you call "grind", I call "play the game". What's the hurry to get to the later parts? That just means you will run out of content sooner rather than later.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Erista Noobster
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 39
    Also new player and I unashamedly lend this threath to write down my toughts. As new player I am agree, road to 60 is OP, I am done nothing but MSQ, daily roulette and Grand Companion hunting log for seals. Also Fates, here and there. and I am lvl 38, MSQ is 26...I even did not tryed to outlevel. Imo, level buff should be available after you leveled first job. But other than that, Game is awesome. I read that this is wrong and that is wrong and people leave and SQ should fix this and that, but...you get tired and content get old and stuff start to annoy you after while in every game. I come from SWTOR played 6000h and I cant stand it anymore. It is still fun game for people who just started or just have still that drive. Sadly, it get old after while, I belive that same thing and same reasons are in every game. As new player, FF14 is extremely well done and really really fun. I love how you can, roll just 1 character and do about everything, never need to roll another one if you so wish. Grafting and gathering is actually fun in this game. Also, start from 50 or 60 or whatever it is here, should not be available for new players, that you actually need to level at least 1 job to max, before you can skip all content. Those are good things for veterean, but noobs like me and many other should not have acsess to them. I well remeber how annoyed I was in SWTOR Flashpoints( dungeons) when lvl 70 well geared player had no idea what to do with class or had never been in low level dungeon before...Leveling is for learning and seeing content at least once, that you have idea.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Asuna Sekinetsu
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    What you call "grind", I call "play the game". What's the hurry to get to the later parts? That just means you will run out of content sooner rather than later.
    When it's 20 hours of content that does nothing to progress my character or the MSQ then I find that a grind, there was no real progression, the EXP points in those quests was pointless because they were introduced when the level was capped at 50 & due to that silly "road to 60" buff I was over that & had better lv gear than what was given. I've still got all the access to run the dungeons & trials though, so not missed the content from it I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Broxott View Post
    Also, start from 50 or 60 or whatever it is here, should not be available for new players, that you actually need to level at least 1 job to max, before you can skip all content. Those are good things for veterean, but noobs like me and many other should not have acsess to them. I well remeber how annoyed I was in SWTOR Flashpoints( dungeons) when lvl 70 well geared player had no idea what to do with class or had never been in low level dungeon before...Leveling is for learning and seeing content at least once, that you have idea.
    I agree in part with that, I just think though that if you've purchased the game up to SB, then once you've completed "The Ultimate Weapon" at the end or ARR, then it should allow you to then do "Coming to Ishgard" immediately, rather than make you play through the 100 level 50 quests that were added through the patches, give the player the choice at least, because those 100 lv.50 quests offer nothing to progress your character. I totally agree that someone who's not played from lv.1 thought shouldn't be able to skip straight into lv.60
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can't enter Ishgard right after ultima for lore and story reasons. It progressed the story, yes you might not have been leveling with it. The same thing if you were to just hop into Stormblood after you finish 3.0 you'd have no idea why you'd be going to the places you're going to. Unless you don't really care about the story then I don't know what to say.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    When it's 20 hours of content that does nothing to progress my character or the MSQ then I find that a grind, there was no real progression
    Not progressing your character? Well they werent designed to. But if you dont think the patch line quests advanced the story then you clearly werent paying attention. The quest line starts out slowly, but from roughly patch 2.3 on through the end in 2.55(so about 70 of those 100 quests) everything is picking up steam and all the important pieces are getting put into the positions they need to be in. The fact that we're still paying off bits from those quests in the SB patchline 4 years later alone shows that they put a lot of important details into those 100 quests. And on top of that, they even listened to player feedback, as the HW patchline was only about 50 quests(and SB is shaping up to be about the same length) so that the same roadblocks werent as severe moving forward. Were these quests perfect? Oh god no, and theres certainly room to do a little trimming. But they arent as bad as people make them out to be either.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    When it's 20 hours of content that does nothing to progress my character or the MSQ [...]
    The patch-story MSQ is still the MSQ, and some really major events happen in it - like the actual climax of the Heavensward story, and a lot of important information. New characters are introduced. Others die or are farewelled or change dramatically. We've learned some incredibly important things in the recent patches.

Also, for keeping levels balanced, even without the Road to 60 benefit I found it was best to keep two active classes at a time to share EXP between them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asuna Sekinetsu
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    Not progressing your character? Well they werent designed to. But if you dont think the patch line quests advanced the story then you clearly werent paying attention. The quest line starts out slowly, but from roughly patch 2.3 on through the end in 2.55(so about 70 of those 100 quests) everything is picking up steam and all the important pieces are getting put into the positions they need to be in. The fact that we're still paying off bits from those quests in the SB patchline 4 years later alone shows that they put a lot of important details into those 100 quests. And on top of that, they even listened to player feedback, as the HW patchline was only about 50 quests(and SB is shaping up to be about the same length) so that the same roadblocks werent as severe moving forward. Were these quests perfect? Oh god no, and theres certainly room to do a little trimming. But they arent as bad as people make them out to be either.
    Slowly is too kind a description for those patch MSQ quests, it was ridiculously padded & paced, honestly as a newcomer to the game, I was enjoying everything up until the 7th Astral Quests, I did try and make my way through them, but I really didn't enjoy it, I grabbed a jump potion & spent less than an hour reading up on the story arc from the end of ARR to HW, it allowed me to get into content I actually enjoyed again & allowed me to progress my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    The patch-story MSQ is still the MSQ, and some really major events happen in it - like the actual climax of the Heavensward story, and a lot of important information. New characters are introduced. Others die or are farewelled or change dramatically. We've learned some incredibly important things in the recent patches.

Also, for keeping levels balanced, even without the Road to 60 benefit I found it was best to keep two active classes at a time to share EXP between them.
    I wish I had kept two active classes, never mind !! I've got my SAM up to lv.70 through the MSQ, got my NIN up to lv.61 I think so far using the daily roulette's and beast tribe quests, along with some of the side quests I didn't complete.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2