Player
    Character
    Tyria Xepheles
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 90

Please let us disable interactive items

Please give us the option to disable certain interactive items. There are several reasons for why decorators would want this feature:

1. We are limited to ca. 40 interactionable items before they start disappearing.
    2. Players, tenants, and FC mates may accidentally turn off “fountains” (shower stands), lights, etc.
    3. FC mates eat expensive food decorations (especially new players who don’t know they just ate 100k sushi)
    4. There are various items that don’t need interactivity once they have been set (blank partitions, decorative plants, fish tanks, etc.)

Obviously, some items need to keep their interactivity for all tenants and FC mates (summoning bells, FC chest, etc.) while others should only be interactionable for decorators (blank partitions, shower stands functioning as fountains etc.), so assigning permissions in settings might not be optimal. Especially considering that this wouldn’t help with the 40 item limit.

What I would like is for people with furnishing rights to get a menu item to disable the interaction. The issue with that would be that the interaction can not be turned back on once disabled. Maybe putting disabled furniture into storage and taking them back out would reset the interactivity until the player with furnishing rights disables the interactivity again.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Leofang
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Another way that could be used to deal with the issue in relation to partitions, planters, aquariums and the like would be to add a menu function similar to the painting furniture selection. They wouldn't be interactive in the house itself, but could still be changed via the menu.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelianut View Post
    Another way that could be used to deal with the issue in relation to partitions, planters, aquariums and the like would be to add a menu function similar to the painting furniture selection. They wouldn't be interactive in the house itself, but could still be changed via the menu.
    But... the paintings ARE interactive items - unless I'm missunderstanding you here and you dont mean the picture frames that you can place pictures in?

I think one thing they could do which would hopefully be easy enough to include would be a check-box in the sense of "Place this as interactive item - Yes/No".
    The checkbox would appear each time you try to place the item, aka: You could place an aquarium as "interactive", fill it with the fish and decoration you want, put it back into storage and then re-place it, only by hitting "No" to interactive this time.
    I know that it sounds a little annoying and messy to do, specially when considering wallpapers on partions and I have no idea how easy it would be to implement this, but at least it wouldnt change to much about the system as it.
    We wouldnt need a recipe for every possible partition/wallpaper combination nor would we need recipes for "fake-food" (thats non interactive).

...trust me, I know how annoying decorating can be and how many clicks it already requires (I was wearing a bandage for two days after finishing decoarting the house of a friend), so I'm not thrilled to add more steps, but I would feel like those way and handling things that way, could be worth it... having the choice, for each item indivually, wether or not you want it to be interactive (right now) or not and easy (even if maybe a little inconvient) way to switch between the two states.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    She means the colouring menu, where you choose a different option and can click on items to be painted. I've been saying this forever, we need a menu for all of the "interactive" that is simple housing-based, and not something you need to click on in the open. Instead of colouring the item you 1) choose the painting / 2) choose the wallpaper / 3) choose the fish / 4) choose the flowers from what's in your inventory. There's already menus for them so making them all in the painting/interactive menu just consolidates it and it lessens how many interactive items you have. "Interactive" should be reserved for items that do things/give affects when clicked on, not for items that you have to "set up".
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tyria Xepheles
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 90
    Yeah that idea is similar to my disabling idea. I definitely want to have the option to eat empty the food and use the plate or bowl for certain designs but for other designs that actually incorporate the food, I don’t want people to be able to eat it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    She means the colouring menu, where you choose a different option and can click on items to be painted. I've been saying this forever, we need a menu for all of the "interactive" that is simple housing-based, and not something you need to click on in the open. Instead of colouring the item you 1) choose the painting / 2) choose the wallpaper / 3) choose the fish / 4) choose the flowers from what's in your inventory. There's already menus for them so making them all in the painting/interactive menu just consolidates it and it lessens how many interactive items you have. "Interactive" should be reserved for items that do things/give affects when clicked on, not for items that you have to "set up".
    I genuinely think a replica of the dye menu is the best option, especially for partitions and flower vases. Use the wall paper/flowers in our inventory just the same as dye.

Another, far more complicated option, would be to take the items (this is mostly for food/flowers) to a vendor where you trade the items for one that is not interactive, and is strictly a prop. So you take your sushi to the vendor and get back a "false sushi" or you take the vase and flower of choice (just for annoyance sake, two of the flower type) and you get "false glade/oasis/riviera X type of flowers" (False Riviera Black Roses, for example). Could maybe do this for the partitions as well, but honestly, I really do feel like those should strictly function like the dye menu. It makes 0 sense for them not to.

Quote Originally Posted by not_ya_wify View Post
    Yeah that idea is similar to my disabling idea. I definitely want to have the option to eat empty the food and use the plate or bowl for certain designs but for other designs that actually incorporate the food, I don’t want people to be able to eat it.
    Maybe even put on the trade in vendor the option for "False Sushi" and "Empty Sushi Dish" or something.
    (4)
    Last edited by AriesMouse; 09-15-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Adding second quote

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I don't want to make a new thread since there are already so many on this topic.

Will this issue ever be addressed? They keep adding more and more new flowers, foods, and so on, but STILL there is a cap on interactive items. Give us some way to better manage this stuff, a lot of us want to display all these amazing things put into the game, but we simply can't because of the limit forced onto the items.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Elrica Lavandula
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Is it true that the limit of 40 interactable items being visible is because 32 bit PCs can't handle it otherwise? At least I've heard something like that. If that's the case, why can't they make it like with the new bigger inventory window that only works with the DX11 launcher?

It's especially annoying with a large or even a medium house when you can place only 40 interactable items. I absolutely HATE it when they only pop up when you get close to them so I can never place more than 40. You already need a summoning bell, armoire, orchestrion, FC chest, crystal bell, flower pots and so on. Then if you put up a few picture frames and a few flower vases, an aquarium, musical instruments, a message book and so on you're already at like over 35. No way to use the wallpaper partitions or a table full of food like that.

With the partitions, they could have made it crafting recipes where you need a blank partition and a wallpaper to craft the finished item instead of making it interactable at least.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Realy doesn't help that they keep adding new things that then turn into interactive items. More flowers are great, but maybe fix the interactive item limit so we can actually dis play them all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Emori Nova
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I would love for this to be addressed. Super inconvenient accidentally clicking on a fish tank and it spins my character around when have the camera angled a certain way. Same with clicking on walls and doting them instead of another character on accident!
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast