Player
    Character
    Tuya Bayaqud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunako View Post
    Lol embolden is not worst raid dps utility in game. It is 10 + 8 + 6 + 4 + 2 / 5 = average 6% damage with same 1/6 uptime than brotherhood. On top of that it have good synergy between chain stratagem, trick attack, hypercharge etc while nobody else have 90 sec timer on their raidwide buff, I think so? It bring over 500 dps for good parties, problem is not utility, but rdm personal dps.
    Embolden is 120 seconds cd btw while Brotherhood is 90 seconds cd, while being far clunkier to use due to small burst windows before the damage starts to drop. RDM basically had low damage and low utility outside of being a portable res dispenser while training/bad raid groups

Btw seems the changes are:

Verthunder: Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
    Veraero: Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
    Scatter: Chance to be granted Enhanced Scatter has been increased from 25% to 30%. Enhanced Scatter Bonus has been increased from 8 to 10 Black Mana and White Mana.
    Contre Sixte: Potency has been increased from 300 to 350.
    Verflare: Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.
    Verholy: Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.

Imo they tried the safe route and maybe a bit more was needed(personally i was expecting Veraero/Verthunder 320, Flechette 450 and Enhanced Scatter 50% proc aside those buffs ) but only time will tell
    (2)
    Last edited by Bhearil; 09-14-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhearil View Post
    Embolden is 120 seconds cd btw while Brotherhood is 90 seconds cd, while being far clunkier to use due to small burst windows before the damage starts to drop. RDM basically had low damage and low utility outside of being a portable res dispenser while training/bad raid groups

Btw seems the changes are:

Verthunder: Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
    Veraero: Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
    Scatter: Chance to be granted Enhanced Scatter has been increased from 25% to 30%. Enhanced Scatter Bonus has been increased from 8 to 10 Black Mana and White Mana.
    Contre Sixte: Potency has been increased from 300 to 350.
    Verflare: Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.
    Verholy: Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.

Imo they tried the safe route and maybe a bit more was needed(personally i was expecting Veraero/Verthunder 320, Flechette 450 and Enhanced Scatter 50% proc aside those buffs ) but only time will tell
    Based by my fast* calculations rdm will gain around 150 - 180 dps and summoner lose half of radiant shield utility so rdm can catch summoner around 300 - 330 dps, it is pretty big buff for rdm. BLM gonna get around 250 dps buff so it will most likely be caster meta for singletarget. Sam buff is like 90 - 100 dps.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sunako; 09-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tuya Bayaqud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunako View Post
    Based by my calculations rdm will gain around 200 dps and summoner lose half of radiant shield utility so rdm can catch summoner around 350 dps, it is pretty big buff for rdm.
    I agree its a pretty nice buff, just hope its enough since the support part wasnt touched.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I hope you guys are right because the buff doesn't seem like enough.

I really was hoping for more, like 320 for thunder/aero and 290-300 for fire/earth

The fact smn was nerf will indeed help.

Perhaps I should try to convince our smn to swap to rdm since he can't pull off good numbers anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well i mean smn in my opinion was still too strong and has seen much love while finally they decided to look at Red Mage.
    It may seem like good buffs but i guess we will actually see the outcome, i would have preferred better changes to embolden that would benefit everyone not just select jobs.

And also thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread, it's good to discuss
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crimea River
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Nerfing SMN won't make RDM/BLM automatically good. Why any caster would want SMN nerfed (aka kicked off the comp) is beyond me because it's just further proof that no lessons are being learned up at SE. It doesn't actually make anything better. What all casters should want is a hard push to break the whole DRG/BRD/NIN triad. Its like the physical jobs get perfect buffs for each other while the 3 casters are too busy fight over the scraps to realize that they are all getting the shaft.
    (5)
    Last edited by C_River; 09-15-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tuya Bayaqud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 52
    Problem is that SMN is right now broken being the strongest magic damage dealer plus having utility to boot. They buffed RDM and BLM while nerfing SMN that was too good, dont see whats the issue with that

You can keep buffing all classes until they are on par but that creates balance problems by forcing entire game difficulty to go up or risk people falling asleep while playing due to being too easy after the buffs and also instead of regulating a few jobs you are forced to upgrade EVERY jobs but those that are on the top. No dev is gonna bother buffing most of the jobs jobs at once when they can just tone down the ones that are out of hand and only buff the ones underperforming

Physical meta is another issue
    (1)
    Last edited by Bhearil; 09-15-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I wanna know how RDMs AoE is buffed with these changes. That's what I heard they were falling behind in AoE. Yeah Contre Sixte was buffed, but that feels minor compared to a 10 potency buff to Scatter.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well we will not compete with aoe of that of blm or smn but at least be stronger then other jobs i guess? Rdm was not falling behind in aoe, it was already there.
    At this point it is pure speculation however and i do not feel like doing calculations, haha

And my earlier comment i did not mean i think smn should have received changes despite it still being powerful. They simply do not know how to balance casters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryallen Nastromos
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    I wanna know how RDMs AoE is buffed with these changes. That's what I heard they were falling behind in AoE. Yeah Contre Sixte was buffed, but that feels minor compared to a 10 potency buff to Scatter.
    I think that Contre Sixte was mostly what they meant by "AoE buff" but, in theory, the buffs to Enhanced Scatter is supposed to make it easier to get Enhanced Moulinet, which is a 200 potency conal AoE.
    (0)
    For Blood and Glamour

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast