Player
    Character
    Skye Mizuchi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

relic is killing the ffxiv ecosystem

after careful deliberation...i came to the conclusion that The Forbidden Land of Eureka is killing the ecosystem of ffxiv. How did i come with this conclusion may ask? well i carefully assess the relics in the past where 2.0 relic phase put emphasis on instanced and non instanced contents, 3.0 which was 90% instanced which kinda gotten boring after a while and now eureka in 4.0...not only it ignores the ecosystem but it pretty much put a big blow on doing any other instanced content whether it its raid, dungeons, or pvp there is no reason to do such things and judging by the release dates of the relic content there is no way the relic weapon/gear is getting the same use a normal relic would get after release so at the end its crutch is that relic is useless and literally no reason to use it, honestly after grinding at mobs for a while it kinda loses it appeal after a while....so i hope in 5.0, there is 2 things needed to be done 1.) start relic after msq and 2.) revise and revisit the arr content and see why people liked the old relic phase, hell even if you reskin the arr relic phase in 5.0, there is room to use this diadem esque style into a means to creating more dynamic dungeons in the future so im sorry if this is a long read but i rather give this in a tl;dr

tl;dr

eureka is killing the duty finder and making it useless

i rather relic phases to contribute the growth of the pve instance and pve lands that the devs builted in game, not hinter it

so honestly anybody who is watching please take this in consideration when thinking about relic steps in the future
    (1)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Hmmm it's new content and while it may seem that it's killing the eco system, to some, it actually gives us who are fed up with repetition of dungeons something else to do besides raids. Relics are not for everyone and to be honest some of us love relics even if lately they have been a pain. As for other content there are always options to get assistance. Your FC for example, party finder, your friends? As for relics being useless, Zodiac was traded in to skip a grind, most likely Eureka ones will also be used in a similar matter to avoid a even more dreadful grind. It's nice feed back for developers, though one thing is for certain.Their is a reason why they are relics and relics are considered a grind. -.-/ compared to FFXI I think we are getting of lucky.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Phinn Lorebrand
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    But...you couldn't trade in your hw weapon to skip, which I was hoping you'd be able to. It was nice being able to sac a useless weapon to get a head start. And there was always replicas so you want losing any glam. They should definitely make that a thing.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeke View Post
    But...you couldn't trade in your hw weapon to skip, which I was hoping you'd be able to. It was nice being able to sac a useless weapon to get a head start. And there was always replicas so you want losing any glam. They should definitely make that a thing.
    Their probably waiting to release some thing major later on. SE Better we relic hunters have been waiting for a while now wanting to know what is going to happen with Anima weps.
    (0)