Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I think the whole item limit things is poorly implemented. I think they should do furnishings like they do aquariums- different size things use differing amounts of "space". So let's say they triple the "item limit" number on larges to 1200. Depending on the furniture size, it would take up 1 (for small items like wine glasses, small meals, ash trays), 2 for medium size items (chairs, round and dinner tables, posters) and 3 for large items (partitions, thrones, large rugs, plotting table, statues, gold saucer games, etc).

This would allow people to put a lot more small details in if they wish and just stick with a bunch if fancy large items.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I haven't run into limits on my small or fc room/apartment but would like to have the limit on mannequins raised. I want to have an armory like room and would like a bit more than six in my house.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Just finished capping out my mansion 400/400, and in the end walled off several large sections of rooms just so things wouldn't feel so spread out and empty. I hate having to do that, but even with doing that, things still feel a little sparse in areas. Granted, it doesn't help that I have easily 100 flower vases around, 72 of which interactive items. Another 50 or 100 item slots would be wonderful, but honestly, just being able to stack some items would help so much.

Give us a wall mounted item that functions as a vase for several flowers/flower arrangements(possibly a garden thing so it's 1 item with 4 slots rather than 2-4 individual planters in the house). We've been given so many new and interesting flowers and other table top items that it's staggering to think that none of them are stack-able, and there is still no good solution for making things not flicker/vanish once you hit the soft cap.
    Give us large partitions that cover the length of two. Give us pillar-ended partitions. Little things like that would help so much with saving on item slots. It might only free up 5-10 for some houses, but honestly, those 5-10 can really make a difference. So many item slots go into just walls/pillars/room dividers. Seeing ways for some of that to be reduced in the item counter would me amazing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've been doing a complete remodel of my ground floor. Did some glitching to make a wall fountain, used a bunch of white partitions to make a windowed wall, made a loft and stairs... And there's still still a ton of space on the ground floor to fill in and stuff I need to finish in my basement.

400 items just isn't enough for a large if you really want to create something fancy. A large is at least 200% bigger than a medium, but you only get 25% more items. At this point, I almost feel like I could do more with a smaller place than I can with the mansion. Wha's the point of all the extra room if you can't use it?
    (3)
    Last edited by Ryaz; 10-09-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    At this point, I almost feel like I could do more with a smaller place than I can with the mansion. Wha's the point of all the extra room if you can't use it?
    This is actually a huge reason why my fc never aimed for a mansion, because we all know the interior item limit just isn't enough to furnish it to the same standard that you can with a medium or a cottage.

Also a lot of mansions are just poorly placed but that's another conversation altogether.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    This is actually a huge reason why my fc never aimed for a mansion, because we all know the interior item limit just isn't enough to furnish it to the same standard that you can with a medium or a cottage.

Also a lot of mansions are just poorly placed but that's another conversation altogether.
    True on mansion placement. I got a beach side one in Shiro... Which faces away from the beach for some reason. I like Shiro, but whoever designed housing there has no sense of aesthetics- people on the beach want to face the beach. Even my old medium there was sideways.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    would like to see this one back to the top, especially large houses suffer from it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Speaking as someone who has a cottage, I have run into the cap on my lawn, but I'm okay with that. I haven't hit the cap on interior decorations, so I'm fine there, but I do see where mansions might need a larger limit, or if perhaps certain items types don't count as 1 full item, like putting down an ink well for some reason counts the same as putting down a large aquarium.

I will say, however, that my storage room space fills up very quickly, especially as I store seasonal decorations, and that could use an expansion, especially as small houses get less storage space than larger ones. I don't see a reason every housing size can't have the same amount of storage room space.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by wereotter View Post
    Speaking as someone who has a cottage, I have run into the cap on my lawn, but I'm okay with that. I haven't hit the cap on interior decorations, so I'm fine there, but I do see where mansions might need a larger limit, or if perhaps certain items types don't count as 1 full item, like putting down an ink well for some reason counts the same as putting down a large aquarium.

I will say, however, that my storage room space fills up very quickly, especially as I store seasonal decorations, and that could use an expansion, especially as small houses get less storage space than larger ones. I don't see a reason every housing size can't have the same amount of storage room space.
    Medium houses are...well, the happy medium imo when it comes to interior design. Plenty of room to basically do what you want with room to spare usually. Exteriors on the other hand...even an increase of 10 would be amazing. There's just enough room to get something started or nearly complete...and then you hit a cap.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5